Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Differences between Go 4 ios and android
2329 18 2017-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jreynolds5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 535341 ft
United States

There seems to be quite a bit of diffence between the iOS and Android Go 4 apps...... at least as far a features or extended features of features. For instance I tried Waypoints yesterday and I do not have the features for camera orientation and such. And active track I have neot seen the options of spotlight and others. Why is the Android version so far behind? I am not a bid apple fan and do not want to buy an appl product.
2017-4-3
Use props
jreynolds5
lvl.4
United States

Maybe DJI Ken or DJI Mindy could shime in here??
2017-4-3
Use props
jreynolds5
lvl.4
United States

it seems that perhaps some of these functions are set up differently with android than iOS and most tutorials ore example I see or read are for iOS.....even though no one ever seems to mention that....lol
2017-4-3
Use props
FrequentFlyer
Second Officer
United States

jreynolds5 Posted at 2017-4-3 06:10
Maybe DJI Ken or DJI Mindy could shime in here??

I think your looking for "Chime in"
2017-4-3
Use props
FrequentFlyer
Second Officer
United States

jreynolds5 Posted at 2017-4-3 06:58
it seems that perhaps some of these functions are set up differently with android than iOS and most tutorials ore example I see or read are for iOS.....even though no one ever seems to mention that....lol

I believe it is because if you look at iOS products you only need to worry about the iPad and the iPhone, and for Android you have so many different MFRs with different components and running different software.

"Unfortunately, while there is undoubtedly more hardware variety and choice within the Android ecosystem, a worrying number of these manufacturers are slow to adopt operating system updates and critical security patches." -Express.co
2017-4-3
Use props
jreynolds5
lvl.4
United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-4-3 07:21
I believe it is because if you look at iOS products you only need to worry about the iPad and the iPhone, and for Android you have so many different MFRs with different components and running different software.

"Unfortunately, while there is undoubtedly more hardware variety and choice within the Android ecosystem, a worrying number of these manufacturers are slow to adopt operating system updates and critical security patches." -Express.co

You make a good point.....it is just annoying is all.
2017-4-3
Use props
FrequentFlyer
Second Officer
United States

jreynolds5 Posted at 2017-4-3 07:43
You make a good point.....it is just annoying is all.

You may not be a fan of Apple products, but if you want best performance with your Mavic I'd recommend to buy an iPad mini 2-4 that you can dedicate to your Mavic.
2017-4-3
Use props
jreynolds5
lvl.4
United States

Yeah but that kinda defeats the purpose of having a combact ultra portable drone. there isnt, room in the bag for a device.
2017-4-3
Use props
FrequentFlyer
Second Officer
United States

jreynolds5 Posted at 2017-4-3 08:58
Yeah but that kinda defeats the purpose of having a combact ultra portable drone. there isnt, room in the bag for a device.

You always can find an iPhone 6 plus decent sized screen and works great! I have one for sale if your looking.
2017-4-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

jreynolds5 Posted at 2017-4-3 08:58

The iPad Mini fits in the front pouch of the DJI Mavic bag.
And there are some features on IOS that are not on Android and the reverse is true true. Also, on Android the features may be in a different location. For instance when in Waypoint mode on Android if you tap the gear icon it will take you to the camera orientation.
2017-4-3
Use props
jreynolds5
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-3 10:10
The iPad Mini fits in the front pouch of the DJI Mavic bag.
And there are some features on IOS that are not on Android and the reverse is true true. Also, on Android the features may be in a different location. For instance when in Waypoint mode on Android if you tap the gear icon it will take you to the camera orientation.

Yes I learnd that about way point earlier. But it does seem as though there are more features for and a released first to iOS
2017-4-3
Use props
jreynolds5
lvl.4
United States

Just like GS Pro....when is that going to be available for Android??
2017-4-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jreynolds5 Posted at 2017-4-3 10:13
Yes I learnd that about way point earlier. But it does seem as though there are more features for and a released first to iOS

Yes there is, I'm not an app developer so I cannot tell you exactly the reason.
2017-4-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jreynolds5 Posted at 2017-4-3 10:13
Just like GS Pro....when is that going to be available for Android??

I'm not sure if it ever will or when.
2017-4-3
Use props
jreynolds5
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-3 10:51
Yes there is, I'm not an app developer so I cannot tell you exactly the reason.

As FrequentFlyer mentioned there are not multiple versions of iOS just one unlike Android. And it saddenes me to know they mwy not release GS pro for Android.
2017-4-3
Use props
digitalintruder
First Officer
Flight distance : 3652379 ft
United States

I was just looking for Spotlight mode - I ended up finding it in a submenu of Active Track (bottom right box in android) after you start it. It's really an odd design. I wish the Android developers would make it a first class feature.
2017-4-8
Use props
Supashot
Flight distance : 108173 ft
Hong Kong

Main difference is that the android version crash more.
2017-4-10
Use props
drn3px69
Captain
Flight distance : 213268 ft
Argentina

Exist a comparative table of the functions/features that are available in each OS and not in the other?
2018-1-4
Use props
jreynolds5
lvl.4
United States

I went to iOS a few months ago now and I have few issues compared to android.
2018-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules