Object Avoidance saved me big time
985 5 2017-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MAD35
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4387201 ft
Australia

When I was flying my P4 drone yesterday. I rotated around behind one of these huge pinnacles and I lost signal right behind it.  The drone was disconnected and I had a 20 second nervous wait before I regained the signal.

When I watched the footage I appreciated the technology built into my drone.

The RTH kicked in and it flew directly at the mountain. It then climbed and flew forward again, this time almost hitting the mountain. It climbed again and then tried again. This time it cleared the peak and I was able to regain control.

Amazing technology, love it.

BTW, that was my 235th flight with my P4,  it has given me faultless service and was the second time in 235 flights that object Avoidance has saved me.  Thank You DJI.

2017-4-3
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

Thanks for sharing the video with us! This is the reason I purchased the P4 instead of a P3P
2017-4-3
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Like I've said before, you only need to use the obstacle avoidance once and it has more than paid for itself.

Maybe you should have expected to loose signal in this case, and when you did it was going to be inevitable that the way home would be through the rock, but we all make mistakes once or twice in hundreds of flights.
2017-4-3
Use props
MAD35
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4387201 ft
Australia

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-4-3 04:19
Like I've said before, you only need to use the obstacle avoidance once and it has more than paid for itself.

Maybe you should have expected to loose signal in this case, and when you did it was going to be inevitable that the way home would be through the rock, but we all make mistakes once or twice in hundreds of flights.

I did expect to lose signal but was hoping that if I did lose signal, and it tried to return home via the mountain, that the object avoidance would save me.  It did not disappoint.
2017-4-3
Use props
fans95824758
lvl.2
Flight distance : 994216 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hi, in these cases is a good idea to check the altitude of the rth,
2017-4-3
Use props
Drone2621
lvl.3
Flight distance : 225292 ft
United Kingdom

Nice video , this to was the reason i  paid the extra for the P4 over the P3 . Sadly mine did not work it , got its self confused after it fist picked up the building  and flew straight in to it

2017-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules