716 19 2017-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Azrael30
lvl.1
France

Ok i will try make this short.
I got my p4 on the 11.03.2017
First flight went ok but after getting home 1 hour later the battery wouldnt charge,i tried all sorts thinking it was me but ended up going back to the shop.
Seems the charger gave in so shop waits for an exchange that was 3 weeks ago and today i said no way am i leaving without my p4,
They exchange the charger and i go home to charge everything up.
My problem is now nothing will conect i plug in my pad then i start the p4 and then the rc,
I have uninstalled dji go and reinstalled and lost first flight info but now it can see my p4,
But now its asking for new firmware,i say ok install  the assistant on computer that fails so i do the same on the pad and it also fails,only the pad has dji go on it
So could someone explain or help to get this back together and running i would be realy greatfull,
I still dont understand why, i didnt touch anythingwhile it was back at the shop
2017-4-3
Use props
Azrael30
lvl.1
France

Anyone got an idea or this goes back to the shop and i get my money back
2017-4-3
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

if the firmware update is for the aircraft itself you need to use dji assistant
2017-4-3
Use props
Azrael30
lvl.1
France

Downloaded and tried on comp and pad nothing works
2017-4-3
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

I don't know if this will solve your problem, but the order you start up in is exactly backwards.  Should be r/c first, then Phantom and last the application on your device.  I had connection troubles until I started using this order to start up, now all is well.
2017-4-3
Use props
Azrael30
lvl.1
France

Ok did in the order rc with pad conectedd then p4 now its saying i have a p3 and i need a downgrade of dji go app
2017-4-3
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Azrael30 Posted at 2017-4-3 11:31
Ok did in the order rc with pad conectedd then p4 now its saying i have a p3 and i need a downgrade of dji go app

I know it is frustrating for you, but if it thinks you have a different model than you actually have, you might try another device or uninstall the Go app and re-install. I know it sounds wrong, but it is worth a shot now that you do have them linking together. Just a note, power on your RC, without the cable connected to the I-pad. I-pad can be on, then your phantom, now hook up your cable. Good luck. Not trying to criticize but you didn't exactly follow Kneepuck's instructions. It does make a difference.
2017-4-3
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

Azrael30 Posted at 2017-4-3 11:31

No, read my post again.  R/C first.   Then aircraft.  Once the green light comes on on the r/c, THEN connect the device and start  the software.
2017-4-3
Use props
Azrael30
lvl.1
France

I did it in the exact order and i get the green light but nothing dji go says not conected
2017-4-3
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Azrael30 Posted at 2017-4-3 17:05
I did it in the exact order and i get the green light but nothing dji go says not conected

1. try another cable
2. try another phone (make sure use a DJI supported phone model)
2017-4-3
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

Ok, if you have a green light, the aircraft is connected to the controiller.  You can test this by doing a CSC to see if the motors start.  Or tilt the camera, either one.  Do you have an Hdmi module installed?  If so, first try a new cable.  Next, remove the Hdmi module ( if installed ) and put back in the old usb module.  Try again.  Uninstall completely the software and re install.  Try another device.  That about shoots my wad for the problem.  
2017-4-3
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612825 ft
Croatia

Why are you using DJI GO?
Phantom 4 is no longer supported in that app
You need DJI 4 in order to have everything working
2017-4-3
Use props
Azrael30
lvl.1
France

Thanks for the help and im slowly getting some where
So far i have changed the cable still nothing
Exchanged from tablet to phone that works
Both are runing dji go 4 ver:4.0.5
So i probably need to re install the software
2017-4-3
Use props
Azrael30
lvl.1
France

So i have spent a while trying all sorts
My tab wont conect i have reintalled the app 5 times
My phone conects but tells me i need to upgrade the firmware,  i have tried to do it many times and the app stops at around 10%
I have installed assistant 2 on my pc 5 times switching off all the av and firewalls but it still cant see my p4

My setups are
Galaxy tab s2 android ver:6.0.1 dji go 4 ver:4.0.5
Samsung galaxy grand gt-190 607 android 4.4.4 dji go 4  ver:4.0.5
Gaming pc with windows 8.1 in 64 bits  8go ram 3.5 ghz pros

All this started since i got it back from the shop it was all running ok before or at least the tab and drone was,
I have installed dji assistant 2 on the pc since and switched to my phone to see but the feedback is realy bad on the phone
2017-4-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Azrael30 Posted at 2017-4-4 04:08
So i have spent a while trying all sorts
My tab wont conect i have reintalled the app 5 times
My phone conects but tells me i need to upgrade the firmware,  i have tried to do it many times and the app stops at around 10%

Regarding the Assistant 2 software, had you already tried resetting to factory defaults to see if it makes a difference? Could you clarify which Assistant 2 version you're running?
2017-4-4
Use props
Dave Kent
lvl.2
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2017-4-3 14:05
No, read my post again.  R/C first.   Then aircraft.  Once the green light comes on on the r/c, THEN connect the device and start  the software.

agreed with this
2017-4-4
Use props
Azrael30
lvl.1
France

Im using the latest version for windows i downloaded it today from the store
I have tried with the exe and the zip
2017-4-4
Use props
Azrael30
lvl.1
France

Version 1.0.9 sorry couldnt find an option to edit my post
2017-4-4
Use props
Azrael30
lvl.1
France

Ok today i have looked deeper into my problem with dji assistant 2 ver:1.0.9
So far i have used diferent cables and usb ports,
I have plugged the p4 in with and without the micro usb card,without the card i can see 2 empty removable hard disks,
with the card in i see 1 with 13.8 go free out of 14.9 the other one stays empty with no details

Is there a reason i can see 2 hard disks when i plug in ?
2017-4-5
Use props
Sprtbkrydr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3777011 ft
United States

Try turning everything on and after everything boots up reach over and unhook your usb cable from your phone and then plug it back in and see if this does anything.
2017-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules