Want to purchase, the Inspire 1 but have me reservations
926 5 2015-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rickphelps
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8622 ft
United States

After reading some of the posts in this forum, I can't help but think that when I purchase an Inspire 1 I will have all kinds of issues with the firmware. Is it possible to think that if I make this purchase in the next two months all of this firmware stuff will be figured out?

I have dementia, and it is hard for me to do technical things. I am interested in a drone that is ready for flight with little to no technical things that need to be done. I understand that firmware will need to be updated occasionally, but right out of the box?

And then there's the issue I am reading about prop locks. Will these be included with the Inspire's that are being purchased now? To make an invsestment of about $3400 for the dual control unit which I am interested in, and then have nothing but issues with the firmware is not something I am willing to do.

It seems to me that the Inspire 1 was simply released too soon. Am I wrong? Again, with havign Early On-Set Alzheimers, I really can't commit to a purchase of this magnatude and have to worry about the props flying off, or having to update the firmware right out of the box.

2015-2-28
Use props
kolbjornfla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16076 ft
Norway

Can`t tell you to purchase or not, but mine came with prop locks included. I am currently sitting on the fence waiting for this thing to get passed the initial hickups. Hawe no dubt it will in the near future....
Weather here in Norway does not tempt me to rush this anyway...
2015-2-28
Use props
Propslinger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19633 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is a much steeper learning curve to the Inspire1. The Phantom Vision + would probably be the place for you to start. If I had your medical issues that's where I would begin.
2015-2-28
Use props
rickphelps
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8622 ft
United States

I have the Phantom Vision 2 Plus....but want to upgrade to the Inspire in a few months. I have no problems flying the Phantom. I just don't need all the technical issues that seem to be happening with the firmware of the Inspire 1.

Hopefully by waiting a couple of months this will all be worked out. All I am wanting is to get an Inspire 1, that has all the latest firmware at the time of purchase installed. Thank you all for your comments.
2015-2-28
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Agree.  The PTV2+ is a GREAT place to start.  I, for one am waiting a month or so more so that DJI can hopefully work out the many, many issues they have with the Inspire.  Go fly and learn on the Phantom first
2015-2-28
Use props
brianmlevy.me
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I hate to say this but I have been looking at the Yuneec 500 and have to say I am pretty impressed (apart from the compass calibration which is horrible!). It is about the same price as a Phantom 2 Vision Plus and, it would seem, give the Phantom a serious run for its money... Of course it doesn't compare with the Inspire 1....
2015-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules