Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Brand new Mavic always says No GPS signal
54568 32 2017-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
koliaest.mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294180 ft
United Kingdom

Hello everyone!Recently I bought my first drone and the ecxperience doesn't seem to be good...My straight-out-of-box Mavic never sees GPS signal. I've updated the firmware, tried multiple open-fields, calibrated the compass and IMU but still no luck: it always states "No GPS".
I've seen a couple of messages from those whose drones "lost" the GPS but mine never seen it at all.
Does anybodo know if there's a chance to do something with it or I have to send it to the Service Center (which appears to be located in different country).
Thanks!
2017-4-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There could be a problem with your GPS receiver , calibration will have little or no effect to gps, how long are you waiting with Mavic started up on the ground to receive gps signal.
2017-4-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am sorry about that, can you connect it to your computer and run the Assistant2 and restore to factory defaults to see if it resolves it.tateAnd as the prior post stated, you've waited a few minutes correct and you never get the green bar across the top or home point has been recorded notification ?
2017-4-3
Use props
koliaest.mavic
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-4-3 12:47
There could be a problem with your GPS receiver , calibration will have little or no effect to gps, how long are you waiting with Mavic started up on the ground to receive gps signal.

I was spending from 30 to 90 minutes on each try...with no luck
2017-4-3
Use props
koliaest.mavic
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-3 12:49
I am sorry about that, can you connect it to your computer and run the Assistant2 and restore to factory defaults to see if it resolves it.tateAnd as the prior post stated, you've waited a few minutes correct and you never get the green bar across the top or home point has been recorded notification ?

will try now, thanks
2017-4-3
Use props
koliaest.mavic
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-3 12:49

So...I've tried restoring to the Factory defaults but still no result...yep, I've never seen it green - always "Cannot take off - NO GPS"
2017-4-3
Use props
NSMTim
lvl.1
Canada

koliaest.mavic Posted at 2017-4-3 13:48
So...I've tried restoring to the Factory defaults but still no result...yep, I've never seen it green - always "Cannot take off - NO GPS"

http://I just got my Mavic and I’m going through the samething. Did you get it Resolved
2018-7-8
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

Are you checking GPS on open space? Buildings and landscape around can block GPS signal.
2018-7-8
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

Did you put anything on top of MP? The GPS signal lost when I holding it. Anything on top of MP can block GPS signal.
2018-7-8
Use props
koliaest.mavic
lvl.2

HI!

Unfortunetely, the only solution for me was to send the drone to the service centre...after all the checks they sent me back a new drone. But it was a long-long story though ... all the communication with the support team was very-very slow...
2018-7-9
Use props
Yachtsman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 605466 ft
United Kingdom

With the air craft on in open space and a good view of the sky, anything over 5 mins and there is a problem with its GPS unit.

on its first use it has to receive the almanac, which is a table of values where the satellites are in the sky, along with an internal clock correction.

in the early days of gps this took hours!
2018-7-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the trouble that it caused, I would like to ask if you were able to do some sort of troubleshooting? Did you manage to update the firmware of your aircraft? Did you calibrate the IMU and compass? Have you tried to grab your aircraft outside and check if your aircraft can detect GPS signals?
2018-7-9
Use props
fans00397cbd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61083 ft
United States

I am having the same problem, and cannot figure out what is going on after try everything in this post. Very frustrating. Anyone else able to help or have suggestions?
2019-3-3
Use props
koliaest.mavic
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fans00397cbd Posted at 3-3 15:03
I am having the same problem, and cannot figure out what is going on after try everything in this post. Very frustrating. Anyone else able to help or have suggestions?

I've tried a lot of thing suggested here and spent a lot of time chatting/talking over phone to DJI support but the only solution for me was to send my Mavic to DJI's service center (which is even in a different country!) and get a replacement after they admitted it was faulty. Actually I received the new one within 2-3 weeks after sending my faulty one to them - so it wasn't that long as I expected
2019-3-4
Use props
mgersh7
lvl.1
United States

koliaest.mavic Posted at 3-4 00:53
I've tried a lot of thing suggested here and spent a lot of time chatting/talking over phone to DJI support but the only solution for me was to send my Mavic to DJI's service center (which is even in a different country!) and get a replacement after they admitted it was faulty. Actually I received the new one within 2-3 weeks after sending my faulty one to them - so it wasn't that long as I expected

Great..............
2019-3-4
Use props
mgersh7
lvl.1
United States

koliaest.mavic Posted at 3-4 00:53
I've tried a lot of thing suggested here and spent a lot of time chatting/talking over phone to DJI support but the only solution for me was to send my Mavic to DJI's service center (which is even in a different country!) and get a replacement after they admitted it was faulty. Actually I received the new one within 2-3 weeks after sending my faulty one to them - so it wasn't that long as I expected

Great..................
2019-3-4
Use props
Martin Johansen
New

United States

Had the same problem. They are also telling me to send the drone back. Not impressed by Dji!
2019-11-24
Use props
Steve bell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 697497 ft
United Kingdom

I also have this same problem with my mavic mini, going to have one last  try today then this thing is going back for a refund if i have no success! not happy!
2019-12-2
Use props
Mukatsuku
New

United Kingdom

I just got my Mavic Mini and it is also reporting no GPS but the icon in the top right states 5 or 6 satellites. Running the latest firmware but can't get past the tutorial as it won't take off without the GPS
2020-1-9
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mukatsuku Posted at 1-9 12:17
I just got my Mavic Mini and it is also reporting no GPS but the icon in the top right states 5 or 6 satellites. Running the latest firmware but can't get past the tutorial as it won't take off without the GPS

I believe you need 8 satellites to take-off, if your trying to fly indoors you don't normally get gps lock as the roof blocks the signal.

If your flying inside, you should be able to override this by tapping on the red error message bar and then click "unlock" in the preflight checklist. Make sure the room is really bright as the MM soley uses the VPS (visual positioning system) to hover when it doesn't have the gps assist.

Outside, I wouldn't fly until the gps connection has allowed the home point to be set.

To get past the tutorial you just tap on the message squares until there are no more

2020-1-9
Use props
IR.ESNHZ
lvl.1

United States

HEY GUYS
i have the same one
i change my GPS and cable but still no GPS and satellite founded
if some one find the solution reply me
thanx alot
2020-1-14
Use props
djiuser_bLHgjXqtpJ8t
New
United States

fans00397cbd Posted at 2019-3-3 15:03
I am having the same problem, and cannot figure out what is going on after try everything in this post. Very frustrating. Anyone else able to help or have suggestions?

I was very excited to fly my new mini Mavic but after seeing up it showed up authorization lock and also unlocked it but later it showed multiple error and unable to fly mainly it shows no gps signal. Has anyone had similar case.
2020-3-24
Use props
Mircea Dimitropol
New
Romania

Hello there, I have the same issue, it said: Cannot take off no gps. Please assist, it is pity as I've seen this issue is from three years with you, guys, and not yet solved!
2020-6-4
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Mircea Dimitropol Posted at 6-4 20:43
Hello there, I have the same issue, it said: Cannot take off no gps. Please assist, it is pity as I've seen this issue is from three years with you, guys, and not yet solved!

It is not an on-going issue, it only happens to the odd aircraft, send it back and get it replaced.
2020-6-4
Use props
djiuser_9Rpy6WxslVfI
New
Romania

Mircea Dimitropol Posted at 6-4 20:43

Salut, ai rezolvat problema cu semnalul GPS, nici eu nu am semnal GPS si nu ma lasa sa zbor mai sus de 30 m.
Multumesc
2020-7-4
Use props
djiuser_JjX8Tb2rmWKW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125075 ft
United States

fans00397cbd Posted at 2019-3-3 15:03
I am having the same problem, and cannot figure out what is going on after try everything in this post. Very frustrating. Anyone else able to help or have suggestions?

Yes, i am having same issue. I never get to fly with the little icon on bottom of screen that shows dire tion of drone and position..never can rth or see the drone direction as related to our relative position. The frustrating thing is, my son just bought the Mav zoom and he ALWAYS has gps signal so i know it is NOT blocked. Really bums me out that i dont get to use all intended fun tions , kind of why i picked this drone. Also it tends to lock up, requires IMU calibration, but software will not respond when i attempt to run a calib.
I just have to keep trying , sometimes it takes days. My sons mav zoom can fly and record very well at night. I cannot even fly mine at dark. Not super impressed with the mini but i dont wanna spend $1800 for the mav zoom after i already dropped over $500 for the mini. Ugh!!
2020-7-11
Use props
djiuser_BpyWkFzxhbFz
New

Germany

I just bought a new Mavic Mini 2 and tried to fly in outside in an open park with no buildings around. Did the calibration but still it always show No Gps Signal and doesn't connect to any gps satellites.
Please let me know what should I do as I am scared in flying it now.
2021-1-24
Use props
koliaest.mavic
lvl.2
United Kingdom

djiuser_BpyWkFzxhbFz Posted at 1-24 09:26
I just bought a new Mavic Mini 2 and tried to fly in outside in an open park with no buildings around. Did the calibration but still it always show No Gps Signal and doesn't connect to any gps satellites.
Please let me know what should I do as I am scared in flying it now.

I'm afraid the only solution here is either to return it (if you're still able to do so) or contact DJI support team ... that was the only way to resolve my issue - I had to send the drone to the Netherlands and got a replacement drone in a couple of weeks
2021-1-24
Use props
champ123
New

United Arab Emirates

HEY GUYS
i have the same one
i change my GPS and cable but still no GPS and satellite founded
if some one find the solution reply me
thanx alot

2021-8-20
Use props
djiuser_rAu7OrhzmTVO
New
Canada

hello everyone! I had the same problem, I was using an iPhone 7 but when I switch to iPhone 8Plus GPS stop working, But when I connected My iPhone 7 back the GPS start working again.
2021-10-22
Use props
RBSIII
New

United States

Same proplem here. DJI has to be aware of this issue and they are just ignoring it. That's irresponsible. I don't have time to wait for them so snail main this thing in and wait months for someone to actually help me. I'll just launch it into a brick wall go buy a quality drone from a better company. DJI sucks.
2023-5-28
Use props
UKMoose
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

RBSIII Posted at 5-28 11:51
Same proplem here. DJI has to be aware of this issue and they are just ignoring it. That's irresponsible. I don't have time to wait for them so snail main this thing in and wait months for someone to actually help me. I'll just launch it into a brick wall go buy a quality drone from a better company. DJI sucks.

Please film the flight into the wall and post it
2023-5-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

RBSIII Posted at 5-28 11:51

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused. Could you please tell us more details about the issue you encountered? What's the model of your drone? Did you try to test it in an open place outside? Please tell us more information so that we can help you further.
2023-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules