Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Just checking!

If I fly a waypoint mission (dji app) with my Mavic and during the mission there is a obstacle in the path - this means hovering and abort the mission and wait for instruction?

if so - and the RC is disconneted because of flying behind object (as an example) . Is the RTH is kicking in then?

Thanks
stefan
2017-4-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Stefan, the obstacle avoidance is not available in waypoint mission.
If the RC signal lost, it will start the normal RTH process.
2017-4-4
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks Mindy!

But when the mission stopped because of RTH process the OA is support RTH? (If I activated it in the DJI4 app)
2017-4-5
Use props
Halifax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326949 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had a Mavic waypoint mission today wherein about 3/4 of the way through the mission, the controller vibrated, the words "OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE" flashed on the screen, and I could not gain control over the Mavic for almost 5 minutes. Vibrate, flash OA on display, vibrate. Over and over. Tried to switch to FPV mode to bring her home and she would not move. Eventually, she went into RTH and came home. So I don't understand the comment that obstacle avoidance is unavailable in waypoint missions.
2017-12-21
Use props
Halifax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326949 ft
  • >>>
United States

Halifax Posted at 2017-12-21 13:44
I had a Mavic waypoint mission today wherein about 3/4 of the way through the mission, the controller vibrated, the words "OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE" flashed on the screen, and I could not gain control over the Mavic for almost 5 minutes. Vibrate, flash OA on display, vibrate. Over and over. Tried to switch to FPV mode to bring her home and she would not move. Eventually, she went into RTH and came home. So I don't understand the comment that obstacle avoidance is unavailable in waypoint missions.

Found several cases wherein low sun angle interfered with the forward obstacle avoidance system to disrupt waypoint missions.

My flight was almost precisely at the time of the winter solstice, 11:28AM EST 12/21/17, so yeah, that explains my issue.
2017-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules