What's the deal with light bridge 1 and the disappearing iPad app
1628 8 2017-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

ive been using the iPad app with my LB1 since 2014 and now the app just disappears off my iPad and can't be found anyplace? If this app is gone dji needs to take this thing back as its now useless to me...  Does anyone know how to find the app and get it back onto my iPad? This is so frustrating...  I now have a $1500 paper weight!
2017-4-3
Use props
BuffaloJustin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 152060 ft
United States

Did you update iOS? That could be why it's gone if so. IOS hasn't been officially supported by the Lightbridge app in a long time. Technically, it never was.
2017-4-4
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

No I didn't....  I shut all app updates off and haven't allowed a iOS update in 2 years...  Dji is going to have to do something about this.. Even if they have to take this back..  Without that app it's useless to me.. I cannot use it...  I just don't understand how an app can just disappear off a iPad like that....  
2017-4-4
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mark97564 Posted at 2017-4-4 09:42
No I didn't....  I shut all app updates off and haven't allowed a iOS update in 2 years...  Dji is going to have to do something about this.. Even if they have to take this back..  Without that app it's useless to me.. I cannot use it...  I just don't understand how an app can just disappear off a iPad like that....

Sorry to hear that...have you checked in your app menu? DJI pulled support for the iOS on Lightbridge quite awhile back...the only LB 1 app I know thats still available is an Android. (Thats what I use) I don't know how far you'll get with getting DJI to take anything back...especially because of an unsupported app...good luck though.
2017-4-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

The iOS version of the Lightbridge 1 app was pulled from BETA some time ago, an official version was not released. Unless you have the LB1 app file saved elsewhere, it will most likely not be recoverable. In order for you to continue using your system, you would have to move to an Android tablet or a HDMI monitor. Unfortunately, not much else can be done.
2017-4-4
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

There use to be a app in the Apple Store, when I originally bought my light bridge 1 it was there and I downloaded it from the App Store.. Then it got pulled, then was available for 1.5 years thru a qr code.. Now it's gone again.. I did a backup of my iPad and I can't even get the app back restoring my apps..  So just like the map disappeared for the 900mhz data link Djibouti traded people for the 2.4ghz version so why can't something like that happen now? I bought my LB 1 when the app was in the apple App Store and all these iOS app issues came about months later.. So I feel for us people where there was a app in the store when we bought our LB1 Djibouti should do something for us...  And android sucks, doesn't work worth crap ever.. My iPad works with all my Dji products flawlessly..  So at least make the go app support the few things we need it to for iOS and LB1..  Something here people cuz this ain't right to be doing to us....   Dji has always taken care of me when issues arose so don't stop now! I'm not asking for anything I didn't pay you for ya know
2017-4-4
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

I backed up all my apps and my entire iPad on my pc..  So does anyone know why all my apps come back except the light bridge app? And anyone know how the heck it could even uninstall itself like it did? I didn't do any updates in over 1 yr and auto update is turned off..  So I'm clueless to where it could have went and why it's not recoverable via a backup I made almost 2 years ago
2017-4-4
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Mark97564 Posted at 2017-4-4 18:32
I backed up all my apps and my entire iPad on my pc..  So does anyone know why all my apps come back except the light bridge app? And anyone know how the heck it could even uninstall itself like it did? I didn't do any updates in over 1 yr and auto update is turned off..  So I'm clueless to where it could have went and why it's not recoverable via a backup I made almost 2 years ago

Sorry, but you are wasting your time. This is one instance where I have a major disagreement with DJI's policy. I've written many letters on this issue of iOS App for LB1 and DJI won't budge.

There is NO solution other than purchasing a cheap Android phone or using a small portable HDMI monitor.

iOS apps expire after awhile so you won't be able to install the app even if you have an archival copy.
2017-4-7
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

I'm sure Dji don't care but I will not buy anything more from them and I will bad mouth them to everyone I know and meet and when I go flying that's allot of people...  They grew fast and will crash just as fast if this kind of stuff keeps happening to everyone...  All it will take is another company that offers the things they do... First it was my pc ground station, now my $1500 light bridge 1, I, still waiting for the go app for iOS for my p3 to demise which I'm sure will happen soon since another version of the go app came out for the p4 now.. And that will be another $2000...  I don't have money to throw away like that and who wants to end up with 1000s of dollars worth of paper weights in 2 years?  I sure don't ....  And that's the trend of Dji..  New product and 2 years later it stops functioning because of their decisions after people spent their money on the stuff...  This keeps being the Dji trend then they are already sealing their fate...  
2017-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules