DJI GO (V3.1.7) for iOS is Available
10236 79 2017-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kd7gx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 82700 ft
United States

In order to get this to work on an iphone 7 I have to start controller, aircraft,(phantom standard) put phone in airplane mode, start phantom wifi, if not in this order the app just crashes for me.
2017-4-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

For now please turn on Airplane mode and the app will run.
2017-4-5
Use props
JmIsenberg86
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2454 ft
United States

Nikon 1 Posted at 2017-4-4 04:00
Hopefully nothing existing was broken.  Will this update signal new F/W for the Mavic Pro?

I use the DJI go4 app for the mavic(as suggested per DJI) and it does notify you that there are FW updates
2017-4-5
Use props
carlfacer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1612680 ft
United States

Wait, DJI-Ken, how will this help us users of the Phantom 3 Standard that NEED Wifi to connect to the controller? I am supposed to be flying this afternoon and because of the app crashes I am unable to! Unacceptable!

What is the ETA on a resolution for this?
2017-4-5
Use props
flyboymd
New
Flight distance : 154498 ft
United States

I just spoke with support on this. They say it only affects ios devices at this time and a fix will be out in 24-48 hours. In the meantime as many have stated in the forum (I have not tried this yet however) you should be able to turn on airplane mode, start App, then turn airplane mode off and everything should work as usual. Crossing fingers!
2017-4-5
Use props
Benny Davidovic
New
Israel

spartan67 Posted at 2017-4-5 06:41
Problem solved, I prohibition in the phone to DJIGO mobile  data, connect to the osmo via wifi and applications work.Nice day.

It is not working!
2017-4-5
Use props
Xlear99
lvl.2
United States

flyboymd Posted at 2017-4-5 07:59
I just spoke with support on this. They say it only affects ios devices at this time and a fix will be out in 24-48 hours. In the meantime as many have stated in the forum (I have not tried this yet however) you should be able to turn on airplane mode, start App, then turn airplane mode off and everything should work as usual. Crossing fingers!

Do I have to do this workaround every time I launch the app?
2017-4-5
Use props
fans62fb8d14
lvl.2
Flight distance : 331391 ft
Malaysia

yeah quite troublesome ... are the update significantly better ?
2017-4-5
Use props
NicoNic
lvl.2
Germany

Can´t Set my EV Settings via dial  ... just today ... has it anything to do with the new update ?
2017-4-5
Use props
fans27b73483
lvl.1
Flight distance : 491808 ft
United Kingdom

All - the process of go into Airplane mode, turn the app' on, then turn wifi on, connect, then get into the app and connect to the device (Osmo+) and then turn on cell' does work!...
P
2017-4-5
Use props
AIRFLIX.dk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8077667 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

This company is starting to look less and less professional. How on earth can they have so many issues in one app.
2017-4-5
Use props
fans589cba4b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12780633 ft
  • >>>
United States

App not working.
2017-4-5
Use props
andre.staehli.b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4313343 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Same here, both on iPhone and iPad
2017-4-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

carlfacer Posted at 2017-4-5 07:55
Wait, DJI-Ken, how will this help us users of the Phantom 3 Standard that NEED Wifi to connect to the controller? I am supposed to be flying this afternoon and because of the app crashes I am unable to! Unacceptable!

What is the ETA on a resolution for this?

Leave Airplane mode as is and turn off cellular and it will work.I just verified on my Standard and it's fine. Also, when I turned cellular back on the app is no longer crashing.
2017-4-5
Use props
remius
lvl.1
Flight distance : 382405 ft
Belgium

Ok. Thanks for the tip DJI-Ken, it worked fine for me.
Please, post here when update is available.
2017-4-5
Use props
Powerguy50
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1234 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kd7gx Posted at 2017-4-5 07:27
In order to get this to work on an iphone 7 I have to start controller, aircraft,(phantom standard) put phone in airplane mode, start phantom wifi, if not in this order the app just crashes for me.

And don't forget to stand on your left foot only, facing north, and rubbing your head in a clockwise motion...
2017-4-5
Use props
spartan67
New
Czechia

Iphone 6plus settings, applications, djiGO, mobile data, turn off,  connect Dji osmo via wifi, for me it works perfectly.
2017-4-5
Use props
DemolitionMan14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

Who even uses an editor on a portable device?  Any professional will wait to do editing until they are in front of a computer and either use FCPX or Adobe Premiere.  If you want to update an APP update GS Pro so you can log in and have it record your flight logs like DJI GO does.  
2017-4-5
Use props
Gateway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1873806 ft
  • >>>
United States

Confused.. isnt DJI GO for older drones, not Mavic, I2, etc? Not sure why this was posted here?
2017-4-5
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Looking at the improvements as described by DJI is somehow like this:

You have multiple issues with you car and take it to the repair shop.
When you pick it up nothing was fixed but they smile at you saying:

We've painted it with the latest color!
2017-4-5
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

Mine seems to work straight out of the box. So It's not all iOS devices.
2017-4-5
Use props
Shirkan
New
Germany

Shuts down the iPhone and -or- iPad
2017-4-5
Use props
Alex2017
New
Flight distance : 27428 ft
Netherlands

How do I scan the qr, the app pull down menu doesn't have that function. Asked but no one answered!!!
2017-4-6
Use props
RAMJET-1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2180843 ft
United States

MikeQView Posted at 2017-4-4 07:12
i would like it just to work !     i currently have an Android phone and tablet,  both are not great!  and very frustrating as some things that work yesterday dont always work today? its certainly not repeatedly reliable.  so i am biting the bullet and buying an Ipad mini 4 cellular so i can dedicate it to the mavic,   just so that i can try each option before i throw in the towel.

Let us know the results. From all I've read it's not working with Iphones??
2017-4-6
Use props
RAMJET-1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2180843 ft
United States

Gateway Posted at 2017-4-5 13:17
Confused.. isnt DJI GO for older drones, not Mavic, I2, etc? Not sure why this was posted here?

WELL PUT!!!  I was thinking the same thing. Posted updates that don't apply to Mavic Pro for ISO and Android. WTH are they doing!!!!!  I mean look, due to the latest Go4 update not working (crash, crash, crash) on Android, I was forced to downgrade to the old DJI Go 3pp 3.1.3 version which no longer SUPPORTS Mavic or P4P.... BUT it works flawlessly!! Just had to vent a little.
2017-4-6
Use props
Saxzter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 252726 ft
Norway

Probably a stupid novice question, but why is this posted in the Mavic-forum? I thought we had to use the DJI Go 4-app, which is currently in v4.0.6 (2855).
2017-4-6
Use props
EJay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 541818 ft
Australia

Not sure why this notice is on the Mavic area when I thought DJI 4 Go was recommended for Mavic. Probably something simple I don't understand?
2017-4-6
Use props
fansf4d6385e
New

Switzerland

La emisora no se conecta con la aplicación
2017-4-6
Use props
Xlear99
lvl.2
United States

Could you tell me what is the Curved Mode in the edit tool in the app?
2017-4-6
Use props
fans751360fa
New
United States

Random question... why does the DJI GO APP need permission to make calls...?
2017-4-6
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I am back after a long winter, and I see the same issues I remember when I went into winter hybernation.

I wish there is a mode to disable the DGI GO asking me to update.  I am afraid I may click on it by mistake.

2017-4-6
Use props
trickn0l0gy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 156040 ft
Switzerland

Hi there,

since this update, I cannot use my Apple battery case anymore, because the app does not recognise the connection to the RC anymore. It worked very well before, why did you turn off the compatibility.

Just for clarity, I am speaking of this:  http://www.apple.com/ch-de/shop/ ... %E2%80%93-anthrazit

As long as this is slipped on the phone and the connection is made through it, the DJI GO app will not recognise the RC. Weird! Please fix this. Thank you.
2017-4-7
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

The problem was due to something on the server end. As of April 6th or so it has been fixed.
2017-4-7
Use props
RSanJuan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2188 ft
United States

So is this issue actually fixed now, and if so, is the fixed version of DJI GO still v3.1.7 or is it different?  In other words, how would one know if they have the fixed version loaded?
2017-4-8
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

WTF !  this is abismal for a program that flies  £1000 to £12,000 aircraft,   Come on DJI this is just pathetic,  even if people are finding work arounds by switching things off,   is that why we all paid good money for these ???    The OP was dead right,  that when the CAA's start seeing that the controlling App is so poorly written and executed,  i wouldnt be at all surprised to see them banned soon.  its ironic that the old APM and Naze32 derivatives still knock the spots of these craft for flight reliability,  and its why i am going back to these flight controllers, and building my own craft all over again,  i have just about had enough of this,  its such a shame that DJI want to bury their heads in the sand,   and its for that reason why they have become a second rate company.   it doesnt matter a jot if your latest craft has 50 really clever features or even 60 or more, if it wont fly that still ends up being zero features,  why is it so hard for this company to realise this,   i do notice that not even the DJI mods want to comment or maybe they are not allowed !
2017-4-8
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

waited till this evening to update iPad as the iPhone six displayed the same behavior as everyone else, iPad so far not connected to remote or Osmo working, iPhone yesterday after update crashes maybe 4 times and then started working ok with Osmo, I will be doing a Facebook live from the AC tomorrow evening so I can't possibly be in Airplane mode, Keeping my fingers crossed, will probably do a few dry runs before putting the AC in the air
2017-4-8
Use props
sparrowhawk360
New
Flight distance : 52090 ft
Ireland

Thanks for the updates DJI - keep them coming. And please look at 3rd party Apps like Litchi for how we want to use flight planning etc
2017-4-9
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Can anyone say if   v 7   is ok ?  does it still keep crashing ?
2017-4-9
Use props
amazingfriend
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Great, I'll try it.
2017-4-9
Use props
Strabun
New
United States

If I fly with my IPhone 5S, is there a way to transfer my videos to my iPad for easier editing through the DJI GO App?
2017-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules