Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Silly Question
1491 20 2017-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Erick Bruce
lvl.1
United States

I have to apologize as I am sure this is a ridiculous question-
In fact i asked once before but did not get a response.
I am trying to investigate if it is possible to provide two simultaneous video streams out from the MP's  Remote--
ie....I fly my MP and view on IPad Air 2 ------whilst-------My son wears the VR goggle's for FPV..
Believe me i know this sounds like and ignorant question but, I have to ask is it possible???
obviously one output per device--but perhaps there can be a secondary device??
Any Thought's?
2017-4-4
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I don't think there's an easy way as yet to do this. Presumably when DJI finally releases their goggles they'll provide a way?
2017-4-4
Use props
4wesomeAdam
Second Officer
United States

Are you using the USB on the bottom of the controller to connect your I PAD? I wonder if you could use a USB hub or a splitter and run another USB cable to the goggles or use some WIFI hot spot to link the goggles.

I think that would be cool what you are attempting to do.

I could see charging people a reasonable fee to go virtual reality flying with the goggles.
2017-4-4
Use props
way wrong
Second Officer
Flight distance : 351631 ft
Estonia

iPad and Mavic remote can't do that but what about that Shield K1 tab? There is HDMI out and some guys here were talking using VR goggles with that.
2017-4-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You may be able to if you use a NVIDIA Shield K1 as it has an HDMI output.
The Shield is not on DJI's recommended device list though.
I have one on Android 6.01 and it works great. Some have experienced app crashes but they are on Nougat.
2017-4-4
Use props
Erick Bruce
lvl.1
United States

4wesomeAdam Posted at 2017-4-4 12:39
Are you using the USB on the bottom of the controller to connect your I PAD? I wonder if you could use a USB hub or a splitter and run another USB cable to the goggles or use some WIFI hot spot to link the goggles.

Yes, using that USB port for the IPAD...I have not tested the splitting at that connection point. I will try and let you know the outcome. Ticket prices to be released soon!
2017-4-4
Use props
Erick Bruce
lvl.1
United States

way wrong Posted at 2017-4-4 12:51
iPad and Mavic remote can't do that but what about that Shield K1 tab? There is HDMI out and some guys here were talking using VR goggles with that.

Shield may be the way to go. Good thinking. I Will try and borrow one for testing..
2017-4-4
Use props
Erick Bruce
lvl.1
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-4-4 12:28
I don't think there's an easy way as yet to do this. Presumably when DJI finally releases their goggles they'll provide a way?

I agree, I am willing to bet that the DJI goggle's may have a USD or HDMI pass-through. Time will tell. Thanks !
2017-4-4
Use props
Erick Bruce
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-4 12:57
You may be able to if you use a NVIDIA Shield K1 as it has an HDMI output.
The Shield is not on DJI's recommended device list though.
I have one on Android 6.01 and it works great. Some have experienced app crashes but they are on Nougat.

I am just wondering if  FPV on IPad and the Split VIEW for the goggles are actually two different types of video out, or if they are one in the same? Just a singular output that I need to duplicate?
2017-4-4
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
United States

Erick Bruce Posted at 2017-4-4 13:15
I am just wondering if  FPV on IPad and the Split VIEW for the goggles are actually two different types of video out, or if they are one in the same? Just a singular output that I need to duplicate?

Fwiw, DJI's Crystal Sky has HDMI output, so that might be meant to drive the DJI Goggles. Purely speculative at this point since neither product is ready for prime time afaik.
2017-4-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Erick Bruce Posted at 2017-4-4 13:15

I think it's the same, but I don'w have FPV goggles so I can't say fro sure.
All you can do is test and see.
2017-4-4
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
United States

Wasn't there some talk about the Mavic 1080 60/96 settings providing alternate fields to goggles' left/right visual fields? Could you do that across an HDMI port? I may have this mixed up with some other product rumor. ;)
2017-4-4
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but the latest firmware is supposed to support dual controllers, so if you were willing to spend money to buy a second Mavic remote then presumably you'd be able to have two video streams.
2017-4-4
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Erick Bruce Posted at 2017-4-4 13:09
Shield may be the way to go. Good thinking. I Will try and borrow one for testing..

Erick,  

I use the Shield K1 running v6.0.1 Android
The Shield has HDMI output , I use the Glyph goggles
When I first plug them in I get a popup on the Shield to choose Mirror or Split screen
I always use Mirror I'm not sure what Split screen would do , could this be what your looking for ?  
2017-4-4
Use props
Erick Bruce
lvl.1
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-4 17:19
Erick,  

I use the Shield K1 running v6.0.1 Android

Hmm- not sure. Unfortunately, I don't have the Shield-----However, I FOUND IT!!!
Really stoked on this...   So my understanding is that on device one you need to be running LITCHI, then on device 2 you run a new app called LITCHI VUE. Apparently this may be doing just what your suggesting the split screen view.. not 100% yet as have not tried it but, it looks like this will do the trick! Fingers crossed.. Thanks for all the input guys. I will update once I test..
2017-4-5
Use props
Erick Bruce
lvl.1
United States

Litchi Vue
2017-4-5
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
United States

Erick Bruce Posted at 2017-4-5 17:23
Hmm- not sure. Unfortunately, I don't have the Shield-----However, I FOUND IT!!!
Really stoked on this...   So my understanding is that on device one you need to be running LITCHI, then on device 2 you run a new app called LITCHI VUE. Apparently this may be doing just what your suggesting the split screen view.. not 100% yet as have not tried it but, it looks like this will do the trick! Fingers crossed.. Thanks for all the input guys. I will update once I test..

This is interesting , I believe it will work with the shield
If your worried about your son being able to control your Mavic while you are flying , he will not be able too
when in Mirror mode on the Shield --- you don't need to set Litchi to goggle mode
You fly with full control with the Shield and the Mavic RC , he just see's what you see on the Shield
thru the shield  HDMI output to his goggles .
no need for Litchi vue app unless you want it to be hooked up wireless.
Hope this info helps You and your Son ---- Happy Flying  
2017-4-5
Use props
Erick Bruce
lvl.1
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-5 17:58
This is interesting , I believe it will work with the shield
If your worried about your son being able to control your Mavic while you are flying , he will not be able too
when in Mirror mode on the Shield --- you don't need to set Litchi to goggle mode

Outstanding! I am going to be checking this out immediately. I  actually just read that the route i was actually going to try with LITCHI VUE may  be a bit buggy...Apparently, they are still working out the issues in a "newer" firmware they are working on...Thanks so much for the insight! Sounds like the SHIELD tablet will be the "go-to"...
2017-4-6
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
United States

Erick Bruce Posted at 2017-4-6 04:06
Outstanding! I am going to be checking this out immediately. I  actually just read that the route i was actually going to try with LITCHI VUE may  be a bit buggy...Apparently, they are still working out the issues in a "newer" firmware they are working on...Thanks so much for the insight! Sounds like the SHIELD tablet will be the "go-to"...

Erick ,

I'm glad to help and Happy times for you and your Son
2017-4-6
Use props
Grotto13
Captain
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

hi maybe if your not flying to far and have go pro . you can zip tie gopro to bottom bracket on mav. wifi connect go pro and phone goggels together for son to watch and you keep control on pad and rc hook up. ...just saying.. enjoy your flying !
2017-4-6
Use props
superjet96
lvl.4
Flight distance : 142743 ft
United States

What about using Chromecast from your iPad?  Chromecast can duplicate your iPad screen and it has HDMI as the output at 16:9 with 4K resolution for their Ultra version.  The only thing  you have to worry about is any lag time.
2017-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules