Gimbal motor Overload WTF?!
1023 12 2017-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bennettmike
lvl.2
Flight distance : 227585 ft
United States

recently replaces the Thin Aluminum gimbal plate and upon restarting the mavic, the gimbal is being all weird and displaying the behavor everyone was having before the last update. Anyone solve this problem.
No the ribion cables were not damaged.
Camera works just fine, gimbal is just snaping up and then shutting down, not making any weird noises just not working.
thanks

2017-4-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Bennettmike, did you replace the gimbal plate by yourself?
Could you please provide some videos of the issue for better assistance?
2017-4-5
Use props
Bennettmike
lvl.2
United States

This shows the Gimbal Issue:
The Gimbal snaps up, then down and then disables.

2017-4-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Bennettmike Posted at 2017-4-5 14:46
https://youtu.be/Bynlt3qnS-c

Have you tried to do the gimbal calibration?
Probably the installation of the gimbal plate cause the issue.
If the issue persists, I'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.
2017-4-5
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

Bennettmike Posted at 2017-4-5 14:46
https://youtu.be/Bynlt3qnS-c

It would be good if you could clarify what you mean by "replaces". Is it so that you found the plate outside of the metal brackets and then pushed it back in? Or did you do anything else? If you did push it back in place - as can be seen in DJI videos - what was the reason for it being outside? Anything happened? The story isn't clear at the moment.
2017-4-6
Use props
Bennettmike
lvl.2
United States

Tried to run the Gimbal calibration but nothing happens, it simple does the same thing as in the video.
2017-4-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bennettmike Posted at 2017-4-6 12:09
Tried to run the Gimbal calibration but nothing happens, it simple does the same thing as in the video.

What was the replacement of the gimbal plate for. Possibly you've pinched a cable when installing it.
Can you connect it to the Assistant2 on your computer and restore to factory defaults to see if it resolves it.
Also, It's going to say magnetic interference while in your house on your workbench.
2017-4-6
Use props
Bennettmike
lvl.2
United States

Thank you Ken, I have tried to download assistant 2, and all I got was a log in screen and a message " how to connect to Inspire 2?" I was unable to do anything else with the software.Please advise or send a link to the download file.

I was EXTREMELY careful not to damage any of the cables. The plate had lost the front left tab, it had snapped off, during an "aggressive landing" ( I don't want to call it a crash. ) I flew the mavic just after and had no problem with the camera. It wasn't until I replaced the plate that I begain having the issue. ( which, Yes, would lead me to think it's a damaged cable too, But everything checks out fine.)

I totally understand the Mag issure on the table, I'm not worried about that, just the gimbal.

Thank you Ken I will keep working on it!
Assistant2.png
2017-4-6
Use props
simis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 405102 ft
United Kingdom

Change to Mavic.....
FullSizeRender.jpg
2017-4-6
Use props
fans299c56d4
lvl.1
Puerto Rico

Having the same issue and I didn't even change nor did I crash it. just for some reason I took it out to fly I went into what you are showing in your video. Usted Assi 2 put it back to factory setting nothing downgrade nothing. I assi I can't calibrate because it is looking down and not forward
2017-4-6
Use props
Bennettmike
lvl.2
United States

OK I have successfully opened The dji Assistant 2, ( Mavic Must have a sd card). I reset to factory defaults and no change, gimbal still reacts the same as in the video.
2017-4-7
Use props
Bennettmike
lvl.2
United States

OK Replaced the Ribbon cable and it works great now, I have noticed that the horizon isn't perfectly level but I adjusted that in the software and my mavic is full operational.  
2017-5-29
Use props
Bennettmike
lvl.2
United States

Relaces Ribbon cable and all is good now.
2017-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules