More of Downtown Miami at Night in 4k (headphones recommended)
12Next >
6785 65 2017-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Asainz320
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

This was shot a few days ago. Please used headphones for the best sound experience

2017-4-5
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome color! the best yet here.
2017-4-5
Use props
Asainz320
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Rodger8 Posted at 2017-4-5 11:09
Awesome color! the best yet here.

Thank you so much!
2017-4-5
Use props
Ostrov.ee
lvl.1
Estonia

Great colors!
2017-4-5
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Seriously, great color, one of the best night shots I have seen in a long time. Hopefully they will feature your video.
2017-4-5
Use props
Asainz320
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Rodger8 Posted at 2017-4-5 11:33
Seriously, great color, one of the best night shots I have seen in a long time. Hopefully they will feature your video.

That would be cool!
2017-4-5
Use props
CynicalZombie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 179813 ft
United States

I LOVE IT!
2017-4-5
Use props
Bullflyer
lvl.4

Spain

At the end, the police caught you or not ?.  They were waiting for you below
2017-4-5
Use props
Asainz320
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bullflyer Posted at 2017-4-5 12:09
At the end, the police caught you or not ?.  They were waiting for you below

LMAO!! There were a couple of times that the cops passed by with their lights and sirens on, my friend and I thought they were coming for us! LOL
2017-4-5
Use props
ClancyO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 296053 ft
United States

Good Job, I like it!
2017-4-5
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

nice job sir......   Did you fly the camera  in manual mode or automatic?

Rich
2017-4-5
Use props
81SFORLIFE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 313281 ft
United States

Killing it!
2017-4-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Good job. And please be more careful when flying at night.
2017-4-5
Use props
Asainz320
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

How could I be more careful? Did you notice something that I can improve on? Please let me know Its always good to get other pilot's opinions. I always try to fly carefully, specially at night. Thanks!
2017-4-6
Use props
DesertDave
lvl.3
Flight distance : 55807 ft
United States

Sweet! What camera settings did you use? Keep up the great work.
2017-4-6
Use props
Chango
lvl.2

United States

Excellent video. Colors were spectacular . . . the music, not so much. Just my opinion . . .
2017-4-6
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

Violating all kind of laws, but great footage!
2017-4-6
Use props
DivenParker
lvl.4

United States

Good Job! Very beautiful.
2017-4-7
Use props
Galeno
New
Flight distance : 587405 ft
Chile

Muy hermoso!!!
2017-4-7
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Figured they would, it is a great piece. Looks like the rest of the group feel the same way as I when I first watched it.
2017-4-7
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4
United States

Asainz320,

This is detective Tubbs, I am detective Crockett. You may have videoed a crime in progress and we need to confiscate your micro SD card.

2017-4-7
Use props
JMHFL
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1323645 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great shots & Amazing edits!! Thanks for sharing
2017-4-7
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Asainz320 Posted at 2017-4-6 06:02
How could I be more careful? Did you notice something that I can improve on? Please let me know  Its always good to get other pilot's opinions. I always try to fly carefully, specially at night. Thanks!

Just flying over moving vehicles.. It's one of the big ones.. Drone has power failure or some other failure and drops onto car or roadway and freaks out a driver and causes a wreck type of thing.. It's one of the things that the FAA doesn't really like.. Great video!
2017-4-7
Use props
pritchiedotcom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125738 ft
United Kingdom

Cracking night video... my first attempt was so much darker.   Loving it.  Thanks for sharing as it has shown me it is possible, just need to figure out how and practice.   I am so enjoying the videos on this forum.
Thanks for sharing.  Though I am a bit surprised on the one hand they caution you, and on the other hand promote such footage...  I am assuming this sort of footage can be taken safely with planning.  I feel I will document any risk assessment and avoidance planning taken to show a duty of care.  PM me (anyone) if you have any thoughts on how to not get in trouble while shooting this kind of video (eg. with the FAA, CAA/UK, law or harm/human property.  Don't just quote the drone code, as that just means I couldn't take it at all.  Sensible experiences and thoughts, like avoiding placing your drone over moving traffic etc.
Many Thanks
SP
2017-4-7
Use props
Asainz320
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Just so everyone is aware and knows, I was over the Miami river most of the time this footage was shot. Yes I did fly briefly over the highway but it was very hard to avoid this. Since I was flying at night, it was very very easy to fly the Mavic by eye sight and not only through the screen. The lights on the Mavic make it very easy to fly at night and since Im not flying commercially I should be fine flying at night correct?. I also stay well away from the buildings so overall I believed it was a very safe flight.  
Can the quad fail, fall and cause an accident? Maybe... but I am willing to be responsible for the damages caused by my actions. We all take all kinds of responsibilities when we get in our cars and drive them. Can the brakes fail and injure someone else and cause property damage? Yes.
If we would only fly over mountains, lakes, oceans and deserts where there're no cars, people or private property all our videos would get boring very fast lol.
2017-4-7
Use props
zeyumwang
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64508 ft
  • >>>
United States

The colors on this video are amazing! I can't believe the quality!
2017-4-7
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5858166 ft
United States

Asainz320 Posted at 2017-4-7 10:45
Just so everyone is aware and knows, I was over the Miami river most of the time this footage was shot. Yes I did fly briefly over the highway but it was very hard to avoid this. Since I was flying at night, it was very very easy to fly the Mavic by eye sight and not only through the screen. The lights on the Mavic make it very easy to fly at night and since Im not flying commercially I should be fine flying at night correct?. I also stay well away from the buildings so overall I believed it was a very safe flight.  
Can the quad fail, fall and cause an accident? Maybe... but I am willing to be responsible for the damages caused by my actions. We all take all kinds of responsibilities when we get in our cars and drive them. Can the brakes fail and injure someone else and cause property damage? Yes.
If we would only fly over mountains, lakes, oceans and deserts where there're no cars, people or private property all our videos would get boring very fast lol.

You could make a masterpiece win an Oscar or even the Nobel prize. Making a video with a drone and someone's gonna have a problem with it say your in the wrong or violating a law. You have made something beautiful be proud ignore what people say more than likely they are jealous and do far worse things while flying... Awesome job
2017-4-7
Use props
Aerial Entertai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 368983 ft
Hong Kong

We have a client currently looking for aerial footage of the Miami coastline. Do you have anything? The clients usually pay anywhere between $50-$100 per second of footage they purchase. If this is of interest, please send me a note at ceo@aerialentertianmentstudios.com  Cheers. Patrice
2017-4-7
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Awesome!! Where was you piloting from when shooting Brickell City Centre?
2017-4-7
Use props
Asainz320
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thank you all!!! It feels really good to have my video featured!!
2017-4-7
Use props
Asainz320
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Silverado101980 Posted at 2017-4-7 17:25
You could make a masterpiece win an Oscar or even the Nobel prize. Making a video with a drone and someone's gonna have a problem with it say your in the wrong or violating a law. You have made something beautiful be proud ignore what people say more than likely they are jealous and do far worse things while flying... Awesome job

Thank you for the kind words Negative comments dont really bother me lol. I know everyone is not going to always agree on everything and Im ok with that, I can only hope that others understand that as well. I do like knowing everyone's opinions, they help me improve my skills
2017-4-7
Use props
OuchThatHurts
lvl.1
Flight distance : 932146 ft
United States

Love the video and great editing.
2017-4-8
Use props
Asainz320
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ro_flyer Posted at 2017-4-7 20:46
Awesome!! Where was you piloting from when shooting Brickell City Centre?

We launched from one of the bridges that go over Miami river. The one right in front of Brickell City Centre. We took advantage of the construction going on and parked right before going over the bridge. Since it was late and there were blocked lanes, the tracffic was almost none. A car or two would  cross the bridge every 5 to 10 minutes.
I was not flying alone either. I was with a friend that flies a Phantom. We almost never fly at the same time. We take turns so when one of us is flying, the other helps to keep an eye on traffic and also an eye on the drone, which we never fly out of sight at night.
2017-4-8
Use props
Ritesh-Rawtubes
lvl.4
Mauritius

Excellent video, nice color wish someday I will be able to make this kind video, thanks
2017-4-8
Use props
UnlimiteDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 146913 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Well done, guess you have a lot of experience
2017-4-8
Use props
Bullflyer
lvl.4

Spain

Please, let us know your settings, and if you worked the video in postproduccion
2017-4-10
Use props
sharif0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 621312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Testing...tried to post a reply but rejected.
2017-4-10
Use props
fans5d497390
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-5 23:59
Good job. And please be more careful when flying at night.

Agreed...flying over cars flying down the highway and most likely over people's heads could have resulted in an utter tragedy.  What happens when a few pounds of lipo, plastic and metal accidentally falls 50 stories into a car moving 40-60mph down the roadway (potentially with a family inside)...we're talking CNN, police, jail, hospital, expensive damage, attention and problems you and the drone community don't want.

Other than the total irresponsibility, the video was really good.
2017-4-11
Use props
amazingfriend
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Fantastic.
2017-4-11
Use props
kitye.yongs
lvl.2

China

nice