The Happy Thread...(iOS 1.0.2 : FW: 1.2.0.17)
1322 4 2015-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dmytchak
lvl.3

United States

I most likely will catch greif for this but I just felt compeled to write it.   

Allow me to give some background.
I've been flying RC for roughly 20 years ranging from boats, cars, sailplanes, slope, 40 size fixed wings, F3B, electric Heli's, and tri-copters.  Most of which I build by hand.  So this is not my first rodeo with the operation of remote land and aircraft.  The Inspire 1 is my first DJI product and was introduced to it with the .16 firmware.  

Why am I writing this thread?  I enjoy the hell out of this machine.  It's an absolute joy to fly.  Sure, I have experienced the GPS drop out from time to time but it never resulted/translated into an in-flight issue.  After the first several flights, I mostly fly in ATTI mode and find it more fluent/organic in the footage.  I am able to take incredible footage with supurb qualtity that rivaled what I was capturing on my tri-copters.  I love this machine and felt compelled to write a positive note after reading about so many issues with the machine.    Yes - there are some challenges that DJI must address and I'm sure they will as this is their flag ship product.  I understand there are users out there that have issues and I sympothize with them.  In my humble opinion, this platform ROCKS.

-David

P.S. Yes - I just relized I may have cursed my next flight which will result in a major pilot error ;)

2015-2-28
Use props
snathla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree whole heartedly, it is a great machine and looks terrific.
2015-2-28
Use props
lakecreekranch
lvl.3
Flight distance : 61860 ft
  • >>>
United States

dmytchak,
Thank you for your positive comments on the Inspire...  I don't know why anyone would give you grief for sharing what we all are striving to experience...  The unfortunate history of forums is that they often tend to focus on the negative...  There are many positive things going on all over the world with the Inspire...  Thank you for sharing your story and giving some of us hope...
2015-3-1
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

dmytchak,
Thanks for sharing that. I have a similar story. I was initially mad  at firmware issues BUT after this update i am very happy. I am spending so much time with my "Bird" my wife is getting jealous. What a great hobby. My phantom's of various configurations are collecting dust. DJI inspire Camera is at par with Go Pro which makes it doubly enjoyable. I think for newbies the key is to learn and practice the bird in ATTI mode
2015-3-1
Use props
brianmlevy.me
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There are those who look for difficulties and problems and excuses to moan as well as those who are interested in really helping others and celebrating this amazing technology.

I am with you David... I am loving my Inspire 1. It puts a smile on my face every time
2015-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules