Ronin technique
1512 4 2017-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0e976150
lvl.2

United States

Hello,

I have a full size Ronin and I was hoping people could give any knowledge of how to achieve a certain shot as smooth as possible. The shot is basically someone standing or moving slightly in the center of a big room and I am simply revolving in a circle around them keeping them in the same position. I feel like it's tricky because doing that move in a circle is perpetually slightly activating the smoothtrack on the pan axis and thus the camera keeps adjusting because I am holding the gimbal at a slight angle. Do people have ideas for smoothrack settings for getting a smooth shot like this? I thought this would be a shot perfect for the Ronin. Thanks for any advice on the physical technique for holding the gimbal or if there are certain optimal smoothtrack settings for a shot like this.

-dan
2017-4-5
Use props
Pipen
New
Flight distance : 564678 ft
Poland

i got the same problem
2017-4-5
Use props
FlyRecord
lvl.1
Poland

We have the same problem with Ronin MX.  Here is video which shows how Ronin MX is drifting in roll (horizon drift). I have latest firmware version.

2017-4-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Have you tried playing around with the deadband a bit so it's not as quick to adjust when moving?
2017-4-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

FlyRecord Posted at 2017-4-5 06:36
We have the same problem with Ronin MX.  Here is video which shows how Ronin MX is drifting in roll (horizon drift). I have latest firmware version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DftIILPGSTU

Unfortunately the video comes up as "unavailable", could you happen to check your settings on YouTube?
2017-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules