What is the maximum height the Mavic can survive a drop from?
1834 5 2017-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Levurmion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182710 ft
Indonesia

I just bought a Mavic a week ago and it still hasn't seen daylight as I'm living in a busy CBD. I don't dare to fly it near anything over 2 stories tall.

Just wondering, I know it depends on the impact surface and everything but on average, how high can you drop the Mavic from and don't have to send it to DJI for repairs? Also, what are the chances of it recovering from the drop like in several videos we have seen so far?
2017-4-5
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

how high can you drop the Mavic from and don't have to send it to DJI for repairs?

I'd have to search for it, but I've seen posts from people who claim that their Mavic's gimbal was detached by a fall from as low as a foot or two (less than a meter) up. It's possible that you may have more luck if the gimbal guard is attached, though I never use mine when flying.

Also, what are the chances of it recovering from the drop like in several videos we have seen so far?

What videos do you mean?

2017-4-5
Use props
Levurmion
lvl.2
Indonesia

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-5 07:45
how high can you drop the Mavic from and don't have to send it to DJI for repairs?

I'd have to search for it, but I've seen posts from people who claim that their Mavic's gimbal was detached by a fall from as low as a foot or two (less than a meter) up. It's possible that you may have more luck if the gimbal guard is attached, though I never use mine when flying.

The videos where people intentionally send the Mavic sidewards into a tree and it magically recovers back into stable flight just inches before it hits the ground. Also the other video where a Phantom 4 crashed onto a resort window and regained flight moments before it hits the ground then head on its way back home.
2017-4-5
Use props
Levurmion
lvl.2
Indonesia

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-5 07:45

The videos where people intentionally send the Mavic sidewards into a tree and it magically recovers back into stable flight just inches before it hits the ground. Also the other video where a Phantom 4 crashed onto a resort window and regained flight moments before it hits the ground then head on its way back home.
2017-4-5
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Levurmion Posted at 2017-4-5 07:59

The videos where people intentionally send the Mavic sidewards into a tree and it magically recovers back into stable flight just inches before it hits the ground.

Bumping into something horizontally is very different from crashing into the ground; I've had my own Mavic recover after a bit of (accidental) tree-trimming. The gimbal is designed to be small and light for portability and flight time, but it's also very fragile and often doesn't survive a crash into the ground.
2017-4-5
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Levurmion Posted at 2017-4-5 07:59

I Have seen a few videos where objects were thrown at the mavic or where they ran it into a tree and it would recover. But not sure on a drop, gimbal and the ribbon are very fragile.
2017-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules