Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4P Plus - Network Unavailable trying to activate
12Next >
5147 51 2017-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdf50142f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can't get past first base with my new P4P Plus

I choose the WiFi network and it says connected, choose the timezone, and then try and enter my DJI account login and some of the time it does nothing and just sits there, but most of the time I get Network Unavailable in red letters

But it is connected to the WiFi network because if I choose Forgot Password, I get an email password reset link. Similarly I can choose create new account and it knows the email address is already in use.

I read of others hitting this and finding connecting to another WiFi network helped. But I tried this...I have tried 3 WiFi networks, and they all do the same.

I phoned support and they said to simply return it where I doubt a replacement will help at all......

Any ideas?
2017-4-5
Use props
fans1b9764f8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 613120 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I'm having the same problem here. We just purchased a new P4P+ today, and I'm not able to  activate it. I have tried several wifi connection and 3G hotspot from the phone, and nothing works. Seems like it's a problem on DJI servers.
2017-4-5
Use props
fansdf50142f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans1b9764f8 Posted at 2017-4-5 09:46
I'm having the same problem here. We just purchased a new P4P+ today, and I'm not able to  activate it. I have tried several wifi connection and 3G hotspot from the phone, and nothing works. Seems like it's a problem on DJI servers.

I can't get DJI's belief that there is an issue with their server. They insist I have a faulty P4P + *sigh*
2017-4-5
Use props
MasterOfWombats
lvl.1
  • >>>
Italy

I really hope this is fixed soon, I've had the drone for 6 hours and still wasn't able to activate ii, and I have to use it on a job in 24 hours!
2017-4-5
Use props
fansdf50142f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MasterOfWombats Posted at 2017-4-5 10:39
I really hope this is fixed soon, I've had the drone for 6 hours and still wasn't able to activate ii, and I have to use it on a job in 24 hours!

Have you tried calling support and convincing DJI they have a problem to fix?!
2017-4-5
Use props
fans80a7c61c
New
Flight distance : 7461 ft
United States

I'm having the exact same problem at the moment. Trying to chat with support now.
2017-4-5
Use props
fansdf50142f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans80a7c61c Posted at 2017-4-5 11:22
I'm having the exact same problem at the moment. Trying to chat with support now.

After 2 failed telephone support conversations, I just tried an online chat and got further. They know they have an issue and need to do a system update there. The bad news is it may take a bit of time and they told me to try again in 24 hrs!!
2017-4-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It could be a temporary server issue, but there hasn't been notification that we're aware of. How long have you been trying to activate? Have you tried waiting an hour or so before reattempting? Just to clarify, have you tried connecting to the Assistant 2 software to see if it needs a firmware update?
2017-4-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

MasterOfWombats Posted at 2017-4-5 10:39

Could you answer post #8 as well?
2017-4-5
Use props
fansdf50142f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-5 12:07
It could be a temporary server issue, but there hasn't been notification that we're aware of. How long have you been trying to activate? Have you tried waiting an hour or so before reattempting? Just to clarify, have you tried connecting to the Assistant 2 software to see if it needs a firmware update?

Hi Jamie

I have been trying for 8 hours. My understanding is that the only way to update the plus screen controller firmware is with a micro SD card as per the instructions on your website. But you can't get to the menu to update firmware until after activation. Then if the drone itself needs an update you link the drone via USB to the controller.

2017-4-5
Use props
fans80a7c61c
New
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-5 12:11

I have been trying for the last 5-6 hours every 20 minutes or so. Tried on my home Wi-Fi and using my cell as a mobile hotspot. Its connected to the internet because if you click forgot password it will email a link to change it. Did that about 3 times.
2017-4-5
Use props
MasterOfWombats
lvl.1
  • >>>
Italy

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-5 12:11

I have just tried that now, but I don't get any message on Assistant 2. I have connected the remote with the included micro USB to a Macbook, and the remote is turned on. Am I supposed to do anything else?

Thanks
2017-4-5
Use props
phantom_flyer
New
United States

Has anyone learned anything on this subject? I'm still having no luck
2017-4-5
Use props
iphx
New
Flight distance : 2467 ft
United States

You guys aren't alone - having same issue with a new Pro+ controller (DL300E) cant get past sign-in page - "Network Unavailable" which I know to be untrue because it is indeed connected to wifi with network access.
2017-4-5
Use props
fans6c33e26b
New
United States

I'm having the same issue also. I contacted online support and was told that it's a known issue and to wait 24 hrs and try it again and it should work. I asked if they could guarantee that and he said yes it would work just fine. He said wait 24 hrs after the first initial try.
2017-4-5
Use props
fansfbcb22aa
New
United States

Same thing happening here.  I had 3 on the shop bench for deployment and all 3 were having the same problem. I was on with tech support (highest tech level) for 5 hours trying to get them to work.  I now have RMA's to send them back for refund.  They did not say anything about a network problem, just that I got 3 controllers with corrupt software.  When I called B and H for the returns the guy there said I was the 4th person to call with this same issue.  DJI has got to get there crap together!  I tried my Inspire remote with no luck.
2017-4-5
Use props
serge.duplessis
New
Canada

Same issue here
Will wait till morning
May have to return the units to the store
2017-4-5
Use props
fans007555b8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 201798 ft
United States

Same issue here. Was told that it was a server issue and to be patient. Not easy.
2017-4-5
Use props
Goosie
New
New Zealand

New P4P+, same issues, worst experience with a product especially the $4k I just paid. Back in the box soon.
2017-4-5
Use props
MasterOfWombats
lvl.1
  • >>>
Italy

Any news on the issue? Still having the "Network unavailable" message as of 9:30AM GMT+2. I need this drone to work today! No way I have to return it, the only official DJI reseller in my country is 500km away! It can't be an hardware issue if so many people is having this problem exactly today.
2017-4-5
Use props
fansdf50142f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MasterOfWombats Posted at 2017-4-5 23:32
Any news on the issue? Still having the "Network unavailable" message as of 9:30AM GMT+2. I need this drone to work today! No way I have to return it, the only official DJI reseller in my country is 500km away! It can't be an hardware issue if so many people is having this problem exactly today.

I spoke to support again online and they all seem to know about this issue now. They say it is being worked on but they don't know how long it will take to fix. Try again in 24 hours

I think they should be offering free DJI refresh for all affected people. This is a terrible experience for an expensive product. And it took me 3 support attempts before someone believed it was their side and not ours.
2017-4-5
Use props
#ScarFace
New

Hungary

I have been slow to 24 hours of the new device, which is completely dysfunctional.

The same error as the activation of the same. "Network unavailable" message.

Outrageous thing to ask so much money for a 'device that can not be used.

Chat support who said they speak when the fault is corrected.

Congratulations DJI. Thank you for the beautiful memories ...
2017-4-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi All, sorry for the inconvenience caused, we've reported your feedback to the designated department, they are working on it now, truly appreciate your patience.
2017-4-6
Use props
Datanode
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7497 ft
Netherlands

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-6 00:27
Hi All, sorry for the inconvenience caused, we've reported your feedback to the designated department, they are working on it now, truly appreciate your patience.

Just unboxed my Phantom 4 pro plus and I have the same problem. Network Unavailable.
2017-4-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Datanode Posted at 2017-4-6 00:45
Just unboxed my Phantom 4 pro plus and I have the same problem. Network Unavailable.

We're aware of this case and are working on it now, sorry for the trouble caused, Datanode.
2017-4-6
Use props
jonnyrich
lvl.2
Flight distance : 818819 ft
United Kingdom

Same problem here in the UK - astonishing that it's not yet fixed...
2017-4-6
Use props
fans3ab3b6f8
New

Russia

Same problem here in the Russia, waiting fix
2017-4-6
Use props
Datanode
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7497 ft
Netherlands

jonnyrich Posted at 2017-4-6 03:13
Same problem here in the UK - astonishing that it's not yet fixed...

Just tried it again and it worked.
2017-4-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Datanode Posted at 2017-4-6 03:47
Just tried it again and it worked.

Great! Hope you enjoy it.
2017-4-6
Use props
jonnyrich
lvl.2
Flight distance : 818819 ft
United Kingdom

Working now! Thank you.
2017-4-6
Use props
fans3ab3b6f8
New

Russia

Yes, now its working! Thx
2017-4-6
Use props
MasterOfWombats
lvl.1
  • >>>
Italy

Working now finally, thanks for the fix.
2017-4-6
Use props
#ScarFace
New

Hungary

We finally managed to activate.

Thanks for the quick help I hope there will be more problems and I can enjoy the flight.
2017-4-6
Use props
Goosie
New
New Zealand

All go now, good work, cheers
2017-4-6
Use props
fansf4342166
lvl.1
Flight distance : 322 ft
United Kingdom

Glad I found this thread and that you guys have got things sorted out.  However, I just bought a P4P+ and have exactly the same problem.  I'm in the UK.  Really frustrated.  I hope flying the damn thing is a lot simpler than getting to first base!
2017-5-12
Use props
ayushgrg0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 604 ft
United Kingdom

I have same problems, today, log in account but no network connection,
2017-7-31
Use props
CROESER
New
United States

I had the same issue with my 4 pro+. I discovered that some (maybe all) hotspots did not connect with the DJi so I went to a friends house and used his wi fi and it worked great.  My controller would not even recognize the hot sopt
2017-7-31
Use props
CROESER
New
United States

My Pro+ would not recognize a hotspot or a phone. I had to go to friends house and use his wi fi.
2017-7-31
Use props
ITD-IGU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32943 ft
Spain

Hi, i have same problems now, log in account but say: NETWORK UNAVAILABLE
2018-1-13
Use props
fans531de7f4
New
Flight distance : 61391 ft