Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware upgrade issues
2181 16 2017-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanseb85c303
lvl.4

United States

Everytime I try to upgrade the firmware it says my wifi is disconnected and to power down the aircraft and try later.  My wifi is not disconnected though.  Anyone else have this issue and any recommendations for a fix.
2017-4-5
Use props
Daroga
Captain
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Let's start by ensuring that the switch just above the SD Card slot is in the forward (RC) position and not accidentally slide to the rear at the WIFI position.

On you mobile device, ensure you're connected to your wifi and open a web browser. Browse to DJI or Google or anything to ensure you truly have connectivity.

Close the browser and open the DJI GO4 App. Try the upgrade again.

If it continues to fail, do you have a PC or MAC with DJI Assistant 2 installed? Try upgrading with the DJI Assistant 2. This update requires that alternately the RC be connected via USB and the aircraft connected (two system devices (aircraft & RC, where only one can be connected at a time) = 2 upgrade firmware packages with the DJI Assistant 2)
2017-4-5
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.4

United States

Thanks. I tried with the app and then DJI assistant 2.  DJI assistant 2 it stayed at 0% for 10 minutes so I shut it off during the download.  The app would say wifi disconnected.  And yes my wifi is on and not disconnected.
2017-4-5
Use props
qinao
lvl.1
Flight distance : 201686 ft
United States

I tried to do the firmware update. made it to 23% and no more, waited for what seemed like an hour. Eventually just had to turn both devices off. Will try again tomorrow. Not sure if ok to start using the device or not. It is brand new out of the box today.
2017-4-5
Use props
HWal
lvl.1
Norway

I had these issues, and eventually wired the PC to internet with a Lan cable. This worked ok. I connected only the RC transmitter via usb cable to the PC, and the Mavic got updated via RC.
2017-4-5
Use props
Harbourside
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Same issues as the OP this morning, tried 3 times via the app and server disconnect at 2%.
Used the Assistant 2 program on my laptop and all was fine, but it did take nearly an hour to download.
Seems that with so many Mavic's out there the DJI servers are struggling to keep up.
2017-4-6
Use props
bomberuk
First Officer
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

i wish dji would go back to the old way of updating the firmware where you just downloaded the firmware file and put it on the sd card ;/
2017-4-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fanseb85c303 Posted at 2017-4-5 16:15
Thanks. I tried with the app and then DJI assistant 2.  DJI assistant 2 it stayed at 0% for 10 minutes so I shut it off during the download.  The app would say wifi disconnected.  And yes my wifi is on and not disconnected.

Could you please provide a screenshot of the error message?
Besides, do you mean the DJI Assistant stucks at 0% when downloading the firmware instead of upgrading?
2017-4-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

qinao Posted at 2017-4-5 20:50
I tried to do the firmware update. made it to 23% and no more, waited for what seemed like an hour. Eventually just had to turn both devices off. Will try again tomorrow. Not sure if ok to start using the device or not. It is brand new out of the box today.

Have you tried to use the DJI GO 4 app to do the update?
2017-4-6
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.4

United States

This is my error.  This was with go4.  The PC wouldn't even download
IMG_20170405_141233336_HDR.jpg
2017-4-6
Use props
fans40c3d707
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1607267 ft
Spain

Has 0.550 firmware been pulled ?

Tried to update today with my iPad and it said no update available (from 0.0500) ?

running latest iOS version of go 4

did check for update several times and said none.
2017-4-6
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.4

United States

No it has not been pulled
2017-4-6
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.4

United States

It seems like you have to have FiOS or super high speed internet to do these updates.  Taking me over 2 hours just to download the update and still going.
2017-4-6
Use props
fans40c3d707
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1607267 ft
Spain

Did it in the end with my pc and the app, rather than via iPad
2017-4-21
Use props
rydfree41
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

Make sure the connected device used to connect to the internet is close to the wifi router and the Mavic itself is further away . I keep my Mavic in the next room while updating because it causes disconnected errors .
2017-4-21
Use props
crazyforsushi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87162 ft
Philippines

Kinda worked magically, here's what I did

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=772339
2017-4-29
Use props
djiuser_goDf1qH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69583 ft
India

I really find it annoying how DJI builds such an incredible piece of technology but then misses on such simple and important features.
Every time I try to connect the Mavic Pro to Asisstant 2 my Windows 7 wifi gets disconnected and I have no way of having both (wifi internet and Mavic Pro) connected at the same time...How do you guys upgrade firmware with Assistant 2???
2018-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules