Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Any way to keep the front LED lights on?
7149 18 2017-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jthavorn
lvl.1

United States

I've looked everywhere and tried every bit of advice but there doesn't seem to be a way to keep the front LED lights on the mavic while recording. Is there ANY way to keep them on while recording or is that something we can't simply can't do?
2017-4-5
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

There's a setting to keep them on. Turning them off is a feature for flying in darker conditions so the LEDs don't affect the video.  In IOS DJI Go 4, it's under Main controller settings, then advanced and it's called "Turn on front LEDs"
2017-4-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Go to app  first page go to enter device , 3 dots top right  hand corner click then click on aircraft icon top left click, scroll down to advance click and scroll to led switch to on, you need to have your aircraft turned on to confirm this.
2017-4-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Here are some screenshots for your reference. 1.png
2.png
2017-4-5
Use props
Pepere
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2792 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-5 23:12
Here are some screenshots for your reference.[view_image]
[view_image]

I know this is an old string but I am trying to keep front LEDs lit while filming. I go to Main Controller Settings page but I have no “advanced” tab.     DJI Go 4 v.20
2018-1-5
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Pepere Posted at 2018-1-5 12:17
I know this is an old string but I am trying to keep front LEDs lit while filming. I go to Main Controller Settings page but I have no “advanced” tab.     DJI Go 4 v.20

Turn on both AC and RC and connect your device. Then follow post #4 .
2018-1-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pepere Posted at 2018-1-5 12:17

Yep - turn on the drone. Also note that leaving them on will cause a red hue in your video footage so don't think your camera system is broke - that will be the LED's if you opt to keep them on whilst recording.
2018-1-5
Use props
Pepere
lvl.2
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-5 12:46
Yep - turn on the drone. Also note that leaving them on will cause a red hue in your video footage so don't think your camera system is broke - that will be the LED's if you opt to keep them on whilst recording.

Thanks CW.  I have done so and no difference.  Compared v.22 on phone to iPad mini; many differences in flight menus. Came to realization that mini is NON cellular. Would this explain?
If my ignorance is worthy of LOL before your answer I can take it
2018-1-5
Use props
Pepere
lvl.2
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-5 12:46
Yep - turn on the drone. Also note that leaving them on will cause a red hue in your video footage so don't think your camera system is broke - that will be the LED's if you opt to keep them on whilst recording.

Right now would prefer lights to stay on to aid my navigation. Initially less worried about video qualirt
2018-1-5
Use props
Pepere
lvl.2
United States

G_Sig Posted at 2018-1-5 12:31
Turn on both AC and RC and connect your device. Then follow post #4 .

Thanks G_Sig.   See above
2018-1-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You don't need cellular to operate the drone - there are some restrictions but thats off topic - this function works with WiFi only.
Connect your device to the RC and turn on the RC and launch DJI GO 4 to the home page (with the picture of the Mavic on it). It should say 'RC connected' in the bottom left. Then turn on the drone (if doing this indoors take off the props first). RC connected will change to connected, the FW will be checked. Then tap enter device to take you to the main camera screen. Top right of the screen are 3 horizontal dots - tap that. On the left hand side is a column of icons. Tap the top one that looks like a quad - this lists your main controller settings. Scroll to the bottom and you'll see Advanced settings - tap that. Scroll to the bottom and you'll see 'Turn on Head LED's'. Tap that and your front LED's will remain on whilst recording video and taking stills.
2018-1-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pepere Posted at 2018-1-5 13:08
Right now would prefer lights to stay on to aid my navigation. Initially less worried about video qualirt

Thats understandable and why you can leave them on if AC orientation is more important than image quality whilst learning to fly. Good luck and come back on here if you need any further help.
2018-1-5
Use props
Pepere
lvl.2
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-5 13:20
Thats understandable and why you can leave them on if AC orientation is more important than image quality whilst learning to fly. Good luck and come back on here if you need any further help.

Thanks again CW.  Should this be the same for Spark?
2018-1-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pepere Posted at 2018-1-5 13:39

You've got me there - go back to Wachtberger as I sold my Spark a few months back.
2018-1-5
Use props
Pepere
lvl.2
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-5 13:41
You've got me there - go back to Wachtberger as I sold my Spark a few months back.

Thanks for your help. Greatly appreciated
2018-1-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pepere Posted at 2018-1-5 13:48
Thanks for your help. Greatly appreciated

No problem - have fun learning.
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Pepere Posted at 2018-1-5 13:39

Hi, Pepere, sorry to tell you that the Front LED of Spark cannot be turned off.
2018-1-5
Use props
Pepere
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-5 21:25
Hi, Pepere, sorry to tell you that the Front LED of Spark cannot be turned off.

Thanks for reply. Help greatly appreciated
2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Pepere Posted at 2018-1-6 07:33
Thanks for reply. Help greatly appreciated

You are welcome, by the way, the front LED will be turned off automatically when you take pictures and videos.
Hope you have a great time with it.
2018-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules