[M600] Abrupt and jerky flight when switching to/from GPS & ATTI ...
785 0 2017-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
3x3q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 815666 ft
United States

I do quite a bit of flying underneath tall trees, which can sometimes cause a GPS disconnection mid-flight. This is a problem sometimes because I require smooth and consistent flight for filming.

This was once almost a major problem, because in ATTI mode the drone started drifting overly towards an object, and a more-than-usual stick input was required to slow and move the drone in the opposite direction. During this more-than-usual stick input, the M600 regained GPS connection, and the input was immediately transformed into a HUGE input (as it would have usually been interpreted under GPS mode) and the drone quickly shot into the input direction. I was able to stabilize the drone before it hit something on the OTHER side. This could have been a huge problem because we were flying a RED Epic-W and an anamorphic lens at the time.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Yes, all balanced, all latest firmware, Jamie.

EDIT: I should also say that, for years, I have been flying almost every consumer level drone DJI have released (P2, P3, P4, Mavic, Inspire 1), and this is the first time I've noticed a severe flight shift between ATTI and GPS modes.
2017-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules