Mavic pro Taco RC ND filters: Regular/Multicoated
1648 8 2017-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yhadar
lvl.3
Israel

Hey guys,
I saw that the Taco RC ND filters for the Mavic pro have two versions. One regular and one multicoated. Which version is better and should you pay more for the multicoated? Is it worth it? What is the difference between multicoated and regular?

Thanks,
Yhadar
2017-4-5
Use props
Yhadar
lvl.3
Israel

The Multicoated version costs more... Anyone know why?

Thanks,
Yhadar
2017-4-6
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

One regular and one multicoated. Which version is better and should you pay more for the multicoated?

Multicoated is better because it means less reflection off the lens and should result in a better image. Should you pay more? That depends on how much money you have to spend and how much you care about the quality of the video, but for most people who can afford a Mavic it probably makes sense to pay a little more for multicoated.

The Multicoated version costs more...Anyone know why?

I'd guess because it's a little more expensive to produce and because people are willing to pay more for the superior quality produced by its use.
2017-4-6
Use props
Yhadar
lvl.3
Israel

Well for about 1/10 of the Mavics price, it is better to go as cheap as possible. Does it make a lot a reflection difference like PL filters?
I mean is the quality difference worth the extra 20$?

In the Taco RC they also say the muticoated version is lighter. Is this true?

Thanks,
Yhadar
2017-4-6
Use props
Yhadar
lvl.3
Israel

This is the multicoated description:

Features:

• Extreme light-weight snap-on design
  • Weight: ~0.6g
  • 0.5mm thick Multi-Coating HD glass
  • Rear surface is multi-coated to reduces the internal reflection between lens and filter to extreme minimum.
  • Slows Shutter speed for more natural cinematic motion and eliminates jello effect
  • No need to counterbalance your gimbal to avoid motor overheat
  • Special design to prevent filter from loosening

Includes:

• ND4 filter (2 stops)
  • ND8 filter (3 stops)
  • ND16 filter (4 stops)
  • ND32 filter (5 stops)
  • UV filter
  • Free case
  • Retail Packing

And this is the regular description:

Features:

• Extreme light-weight snap-on design
  • Weight: ~0.7g
  • 0.5mm thick HD glass
  • Slows Shutter speed for more natural cinematic motion and eliminates jello effect
  • No need to counterbalance your gimbal to avoid motor overheat
  • Special design to prevent filter from loosening

Includes:

• UV filter
  • ND4 filter (2 stops)
  • ND8 filter (3 stops)
  • ND16 filter (4 stops)
  • ND32 filter (5 stops)
  • Retail Packing

To me it looks almost the same... +20$
Except this:
  • Weight: ~0.6g
  • 0.5mm thick Multi-Coating HD glass
  • Rear surface is multi-coated to reduces the internal reflection between lens and filter to extreme minimum.
And regular:

• Weight: ~0.7g
  • 0.5mm thick HD glass
So is it worth it?

Thanks,
Yhadar

image.jpg
2017-4-6
Use props
Yhadar
lvl.3
Israel

BTW the regular version doesn't say you get a case... It only says retail packaging... is the case retail packaging?

Thanks,
Yhadar
2017-4-6
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Yhadar Posted at 2017-4-6 02:39
Well for about 1/10 of the Mavics price, it is better to go as cheap as possible. Does it make a lot a reflection difference like PL filters?

Does it make a lot a reflection difference like PL filters?

It all depends on the lighting conditions but yes, it can make a noticeable difference. Google "are multi coated filters worth it" and you can read some comments on the subject. The results are almost all referring to DSLR lenses, but the same concepts apply to lenses used on drones like the Mavic.

If you plan to use your Mavic for video and photos a lot and care about the quality of what it captures then yes, you should probably spend the extra $20.

In the Taco RC they also say the muticoated version is lighter. Is this true?

Interesting; I hadn't noticed before that their site lists the multi-coated as being slightly lighter (0.6 grams versus 0.7). I can't say if it's true or not since I only own the multicoated ones (and haven't even weighed those) but they definitely are very light.
2017-4-6
Use props
Yhadar
lvl.3
Israel

Any other answer?
2017-4-6
Use props
djiuser_9O3fqDE
lvl.1
Australia

When you get them how can you tell the difference as there is no markings on them to say they are multicoated. Not saying that TacoRc would send normal if bought multicoated, however for peace of mind is there away to know which is which without physical comparison.
2018-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules