Cross bar replacement parts?
2350 9 2015-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
unblind
lvl.2

United States

Where can I buy the carbon fiber cross bar (rod/shaft)? Or what size is it so I can buy one on ebay?
2015-2-28
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Ebay?  Really?  Are you kidding?  Why would they end upon ebay when DJI doesn't have them in stock???
2015-2-28
Use props
unblind
lvl.2

United States

dbeck@promobox. Posted at 2015-3-1 06:02
Ebay?  Really?  Are you kidding?  Why would they end upon ebay when DJI doesn't have them in stock?? ...

dbeck,
Because it is just a normal carbon fiber rod...nothing about it makes it specific to the DJI's Inspire.
There are tons on eBay. I just don't know what size is on the Inspire.

Just curious... why comment to my post if you don't have anything to say that is helpful?
2015-3-1
Use props
AlaskaDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55036 ft
United States

Plus people that have crashed their drone may sell the parts on Ebay. That's why!
2015-3-2
Use props
flbstudio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

AlaskaDrone Posted at 2015-3-3 03:40
Plus people that have crashed their drone may sell the parts on Ebay. That's why!

I was just thinking the same thing! A friend of mine crashed one a few weeks ago but lost EVERYTHING...earlier today I had a slight crash and got a minor crack in an arm. I'd still like to replace it!
2015-3-2
Use props
wyattlloyd7.gma
New

United States

Any luck on finding a replacement?
2015-4-11
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

This thread shows a repair procedure for carbon fiber but it is not for the faint of heart. I consider myself pretty technically inclined and I am not sure if  would temp this without the right tools.
2015-4-11
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

houston Posted at 2015-4-12 09:01
This thread shows a repair procedure for carbon fiber but it is not for the faint of heart. I consid ...

The size for the carbon fiber is 22mm OD and 20mm id you can buy the carbon fiber rod of that size  cheaply for about 25 dollars all over the internet.http://www.ebay.com/itm/131289569072

The hard part is removing the 2 motor seatings and the central aluminium piece from the broken one( it is ?? heat glued??) Acetone +elbow grease was tried by Supayama from the thread link  with success but he recommended not anyone else try it!!

My solution was to not remove glued old pieces  use the old Carbon fiber rod cut the broken pieces,  BUT leave the ones under the motor mounts and the centre aluminium piece AND

Use another Carbon fiber ROD that will fit in ID 20mm so a rod with :

OD 19mm
ID 17mm

after cutting the appropriate holes at the appropriate places on the thinner rod(19mm OD 17mm ID) epoxy it to the old parts !! The harness for the wiring does slide thru the 17mm diameter smaller carbon rod!! IT SHOULD WORK!!
2015-4-28
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

This may also be an alternative to repairing an arm as long as the break was not too close to a joint.
2015-4-30
Use props
unblind
lvl.2

United States

Thanks Houston. Im probably gonna send in the DJI for repair. We want it done right. Thanks all!
2015-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules