Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro Battery Deep Discharge
3274 12 2017-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yhadar
lvl.4
Israel

Hey guys,
When should you perform deep discharge for the Mavic Pro battery? Will the DJI go app tell you?

Thanks,
Yhadar
2017-4-6
Use props
Tripp
First Officer
Flight distance : 2241401 ft
United States

This has been discussed before.  You do not want to discharge LiPo batteries too low as they can fail.  I believe DJI removed the deep discharge reference from the  Mavic manual.
2017-4-6
Use props
AACY
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518012 ft
China

That's right anything bellow 3.6Volts per cell on your drone will be too risky. That's why I never let any LiPo battery get lower than that. For storage purposes I will keep the battery at 3.8Volts per cell. If you really want to perform a deep cycle your absolute minimum shall be 3.4Volts per cell anything bellow that and you are in for a bad time.
2017-4-6
Use props
FrequentFlyer
Second Officer
United States

Dont do it! Like they said. ^^^
2017-4-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Yhadar, if there's nothing wrong with the battery, then you don't need to do the deep discharge manually.
2017-4-7
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Out of curiosity, what made you ask? Is AirData / HealthyDrones still putting the "deep discharge" on their battery maintenance schedule?
2017-4-7
Use props
Yhadar
lvl.4
Israel

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-7 02:39
Out of curiosity, what made you ask? Is AirData / HealthyDrones still putting the "deep discharge" on their battery maintenance schedule?

Nope, Just heard about it when watching phantom videos. Thought might be the same with the Mavic.
2017-4-7
Use props
Yhadar
lvl.4
Israel

AACY Posted at 2017-4-6 10:23
That's right anything bellow 3.6Volts per cell on your drone will be too risky. That's why I never let any LiPo battery get lower than that. For storage purposes I will keep the battery at 3.8Volts per cell. If you really want to perform a deep cycle your absolute minimum shall be 3.4Volts per cell anything bellow that and you are in for a bad time.

When reaching 3.6v, what percentage is it (about)?

Thanks,
Yhadar
2017-4-7
Use props
les-drones.com
lvl.1
France

When you finished flying your Mavic, just reload the battery, it's that simple, you won't have any problem
2017-4-7
Use props
AACY
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518012 ft
United States

Yhadar Posted at 2017-4-7 04:40

Thanks,

Sure, 3.6Volts is about 25% of the capacity of the cell. With LiPo batteries you must always be careful since the behavior of them is not linear, it's exponential meaning that the closer you get to the extremes of the battery capacity its more unstable.

The Mavic uses 3cell batteries meaning that it's working voltage is 11.1 volts. At 3.6volts you are at 10.8volts per battery pack which is quite unstable and the drone might enter in a power loss. This also explains why you must be very careful at low capacities when flying because any harsh input in the sticks and rapid acceleration of the motors will generate a power drop which the drone will not like, causing the ESCs to enter in a self protection mode and shutting down. Which will not be of any good if you are still flying.
Hope this helps!
2017-4-7
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Yhadar Posted at 2017-4-7 04:40

Thanks,

Yhadar,

AACY is meaning 3.6v per cell  x 3 = 10.8v --- I believe the flight battery would be flashing with
only 1 LED = plus or minus  25%
2017-4-7
Use props
luka
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58192 ft
Italy

Hi,what does it mean the flash the second led magic's battery, after the recharge?

Thank U
2017-4-11
Use props
PROMOLOZO
lvl.1
United States

I saw a detailed youtube video on these batteries. One thing the guy said was to never charge hot batteries. He said to let them cool down first before recharging
2017-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules