Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Camera reset
15807 27 2017-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hangman3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79692 ft
United Kingdom

I have contacted DJI to see if they could sort out the live view  screen glitches. The answer I got was to try a camera reset & update the firmware. Well the firmware was up to date anyway but I dont know how to do a camera reset. Some help with this please?
P4.
2017-4-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

What device are you using?
If you are not using one of the approved devices, then that could be why your live view is glitching.
Here are the recommend devices.
iOS Version v4.0.6.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.
Android Version v4.0.5.
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c, Huawei Mate 9, Huawei Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, MI 3, MI PAD, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, LG V20, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, Smartisan T1.
2017-4-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Normally, a camera reset can be found in the camera settings section when you're in the live view. You can also try the following button combinations to ensure everything is communicating properly.

Reset the RC of any presets:
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

Manually relink the RC to the aircraft:
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD. This may take a few seconds of holding it.
*While holding the buttons, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

Please let me know if it helps. If it persists, however, could you please clarify which P4 aircraft you have?
2017-4-6
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-6 13:14
If you are not using one of the approved devices, then that could be why your live view is glitching.

That was ( unintentionally, I'm sure ) funny.  Saying here is a list of approved devices and then listing no devices.  I still say you deserve a raise, Ken.
2017-4-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2017-4-6 14:57
That was ( unintentionally, I'm sure ) funny.  Saying here is a list of approved devices and then listing no devices.  I still say you deserve a raise, Ken.

Who me, I don't know what you're talking about. The list is there.JK, That happens sometimes.

2017-4-6
Use props
Hangman3
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-6 13:14

I have the Samsung Tab S 700. Now I know this one is not on the list, but the 705c is not available in the UK. The closest thing we have is the 705 & this appears to be identical in spec. The 700 that I have is only the 705 without the phone / sim card option. Other than that they are identical so should be fine.
2017-4-7
Use props
Hangman3
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-6 13:31
Normally, a camera reset can be found in the camera settings section when you're in the live view. You can also try the following button combinations to ensure everything is communicating properly.

DJI-Jamie.

I will try this later, thanks.
My Phantom is the P4, not the Pro version if that's what you meant.
2017-4-7
Use props
Hangman3
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-6 13:31

have just tried the sequence & taken it out for a test flight. There seems to be no improvement at all & possibly even worse.

I would like to add as well that Any recorded footage does not show the screen glitches so I am guessing that it does have something to do with the transmision back to the tablet.
I dont have access to any other tablets to see if there is a difference with that.

These pics were taken with the drone sat on a table looking out the window. They were all taken within the space of a minute. As you can see, it is pretty much impossible to fly safely with this going on.
3.jpg Screenshot_2017-04-07-15-06-20...jpg Screenshot_2017-04-07-15-06-52...jpg

Screenshot_2017-04-07-15-06-11...jpg
Screenshot_2017-04-07-15-06-32...jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg
2017-4-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Hangman3 Posted at 2017-4-7 00:27
I have the Samsung Tab S 700. Now I know this one is not on the list, but the 705c is not available in the UK. The closest thing we have is the 705 & this appears to be identical in spec. The 700 that I have is only the 705 without the phone / sim card option. Other than that they are identical so should be fine.

OK thanks.
You can try to go into the Image Transmission Settings and lower the bitrate.
Also, force stop any other apps that are running in the background.
2017-4-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Hangman3 Posted at 2017-4-7 01:55
have just tried the sequence & taken it out for a test flight. There seems to be no improvement at all & possibly even worse.

I would like to add as well that Any recorded footage does not show the screen glitches so I am guessing that it does have something to do with the transmision back to the tablet.

Just to clarify, which Go app version are you running? Do you have USB Debugging enabled or disabled? Have you tried your phone to see if the quality of the live feed is the same?
2017-4-7
Use props
Hangman3
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-7 06:27
Just to clarify, which Go app version are you running? Do you have USB Debugging enabled or disabled? Have you tried your phone to see if the quality of the live feed is the same?

Go4 v 4.0.3
Debugging is off.
No phone on this tablet.

2017-4-7
Use props
Hangman3
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-7 06:24
OK thanks.
You can try to go into the Image Transmission Settings and lower the bitrate.
Also, force stop any other apps that are running in the background.

When I go to the setting bit, there doesn't seem to be any adjustment ability.
Screenshot_2017-04-07-15-34-57...jpg
Screenshot_2017-04-07-15-34-57...jpg
2017-4-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Hangman3 Posted at 2017-4-7 06:49
When I go to the setting bit, there doesn't seem to be any adjustment ability.

OK, I see.
I'm not sure why you would get choppy video if your device has the exact same specs as one of the recommended devices.
Are you able to test with one of the devices from the list. I'm pretty sure its the device you're using.

iOS Version v4.0.6.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.
Android Version v4.0.5.
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c, Huawei Mate 9, Huawei Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, MI 3, MI PAD, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, LG V20, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, Smartisan T1.
2017-4-7
Use props
Hangman3
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-7 07:23
OK, I see.
I'm not sure why you would get choppy video if your device has the exact same specs as one of the recommended devices.
Are you able to test with one of the devices from the list. I'm pretty sure its the device you're using.

Bit difficult really as the general consensus around here is that android is for kids & IOS is wildly overpriced junk. I did quite a bit of research into the tablet to make sure I got one that had the same spec as was required by DJI, & was quite gutted that I had to waste good money on an android when I have some perfectly good surfaces in the house.
Shame really that Go4 is not made for a proper OS like Windows.

Is it that there is only adjustment for the transmision with the P4P & not the P4, or is something array with the app that I have?
2017-4-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Hangman3 Posted at 2017-4-7 07:48
Bit difficult really as the general consensus around here is that android is for kids & IOS is wildly overpriced junk. I did quite a bit of research into the tablet to make sure I got one that had the same spec as was required by DJI, & was quite gutted that I had to waste good money on an android when I have some perfectly good surfaces in the house.

In the US with the aircraft in FCC mode there is a Custom setting but in CE I don't believe there is.
2017-4-7
Use props
Hangman3
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-7 07:55
In the US with the aircraft in FCC mode there is a Custom setting but in CE I don't believe there is.

I just did some research & found that if I change my tablet language mode to English US from UK, I then get the other options I turned the image transmission code rate as low as it would go & it seems to have sorted it, for now at least. I will have to see how it goes when distant flying. Can you for-see any issues with having the code rate so low?
2017-4-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Hangman3 Posted at 2017-4-7 08:40
I just did some research & found that if I change my tablet language mode to English US from UK, I then get the other options I turned the image transmission code rate as low as it would go & it seems to have sorted it, for now at least. I will have to see how it goes when distant flying. Can you for-see any issues with having the code rate so low?

OK. You'll be fine with the bitrate low,
2017-4-7
Use props
Hangman3
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Cheers for the help guys, If I have any further problems I`m sure Ill be back.
2017-4-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Hangman3 Posted at 2017-4-7 06:45
Go4 v 4.0.3
Debugging is off.
No phone on this tablet.

Try enabling USB Debugging and see if it helps. In addition, does this seem to happen outdoors as well as indoors? The latter could just be getting interference from the surrounding electronics.
2017-4-7
Use props
Hangman3
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-7 10:56
Try enabling USB Debugging and see if it helps. In addition, does this seem to happen outdoors as well as indoors? The latter could just be getting interference from the surrounding electronics.

Yes it happens in & outdoors.
2017-4-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Hangman3 Posted at 2017-4-7 10:32
Cheers for the help guys, If I have any further problems I`m sure Ill be back.

Let us know how it went.
2017-4-8
Use props
Hangman3
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-8 09:33
Let us know how it went.

Well I did get a chance to try out the new settings in the fields out back of my house & had a bit of a moment. With the bit rate settings as low as it goes i sent the drone out accross the fields. All seemed perfect, then at one point it went behind some trees probably less than a 1/4 mile away & I suddenly the screen glitched like before But then lost all communication. Then a few moments later the notice bellow came up on screen. Why would this happen?
It was sunny so I had trouble seing what it was & began to become quite uneasy about the whole situation. After a short while I set the RTH & by the time the drone had reached home I had managed to get rid of the on screen notice. I have not had a chance to fly since with the bit rate increase & the USB debug on.
How does the bitrae affect the craft? Doese this lessen the communication distance?
Screenshot_2017-04-08-15-48-33.png
2017-4-10
Use props
Hangman3
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I took a quick look at the notice & am wandering why it has only just appeared. I would have thought that the previouse owner of the drone would have seen this & that it is a one time notice. Could it be because I chaged the tablet language to US?
2017-4-10
Use props
fans6d155419
lvl.1
Flight distance : 912566 ft
Australia

Hangman3 Posted at 2017-4-7 07:48

I have the P4 .... NOT a P4P or P4A  mine is a Phantom 4 Standard !!!!!!!! and the "Transmittion Adjustment" IS THERE on mine (its clearly NOT on yours) anyhow when I lowered the trasmission rate on mine it fixed ALL my problems that I was having the same as you
2017-6-22
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

The video glitching issue displayed by the OP is all to do with the ability of the phone or tablet to handle the video from the aircraft.

So anything you do to lessen the workload on the phone or tablet will help ease the problem. The best solution is to get a device that can easily handle the workload, and from experience, the Apple devices are better at this than Android ones. But shutting down any running apps, lowering the transmission bitrate, keeping the device cool and shutting of video caching will all help in some small measure.

2017-6-22
Use props
Hangman3
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The USB debugging seems to have sorted it. After changing that setting, I can now turn the transmission rate back up to where it was & all is fine.
2017-6-24
Use props
jollyroger8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1076 ft
  • >>>
United States

Where is this USB debugging you speak of? and what does it do?
2020-12-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

jollyroger8 Posted at 12-13 16:43
Where is this USB debugging you speak of? and what does it do?

It's a step you should perform on your Android phone or tablet to use it for flying with the app.

To enable USB debugging on your Android phone

Open the Settings app.
    Select System.
    Scroll to the bottom and select About phone.
    Scroll to the bottom and tap Build number 7 times.
    Return to the previous screen to find Developer options near the bottom.
    Scroll down and enable USB debugging.

2020-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules