Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
The Phantom 5 X is this real or fake?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dave Kent
lvl.2
United States

First off this post is NOT click bait just a honest question.

I've been seeing a few Phantom 5 X and Phantom 4 ADV links here within some of the threads.
And I've also seen a few web sites showing a so called Phantom 5 X and Youtube video of a Phantom 5 X
Is this all fake or what?

Here's one of those links. http://bestdroneunderhalfapound.com/dji-phantom-5-mavic-pro/

Here's the Youtube video..This looks fake.   

Thanks.
Dave

2017-4-6
Use props
Dave Kent
lvl.2
United States

Here's another Youtube video like that's out there..

As of June 2017 this video has been removed from Youtube ...Sorry
2017-4-6
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Very cool features. Shame the specs are so hard to hear in the first video...
Thanks for sharing.
2017-4-6
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

These videos have been around for a year or so...
2017-4-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Yes.  As you can see from the dates, they've been around since 2015.  They vids are real, as in, they were made by DJI.  Whether we ever actually get to see a Phantom X as described is unknown.  Somebody posted a few days ago that there was a leak and a product like this would be out next month, but who knows....
2017-4-6
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-4-6 14:36
Yes.  As you can see from the dates, they've been around since 2015.  They vids are real, as in, they were made by DJI.  Whether we ever actually get to see a Phantom X as described is unknown.  Somebody posted a few days ago that there was a leak and a product like this would be out next month, but who knows....

Yup! I believe the previous post you're referring to contained the link replicated in the OP.
2017-4-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

"Is this all fake or what?"

In November 2015 DJI put out their Phantom X video.
It was a concept video made using CGI effects and was just showing some ideas for where drobe development might go.
There never was a Phantom X.
Recent items claiming DJI is about to release a Phantom 5X and showing the old concept video are 100% hoax.
The wording in them is laughable and these fake reports are not to be taken seriously at all.
2017-4-6
Use props
Dave Kent
lvl.2
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-4-6 14:36

Thanks I just saw this this week while searching info about the DJI Spark.
2017-4-7
Use props
Dave Kent
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-4-6 19:23
"Is this all fake or what?"

In November 2015 DJI put out their Phantom X video.

Thanks I thought it looked sort of fake but you never know until you ask.
2017-4-7
Use props
Dave Kent
lvl.2
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-4-6 13:52
These videos have been around for a year or so...

Thanks for the info.. I wasn't sure I just found them searching info about the DJI Spark
2017-4-7
Use props
Dave Kent
lvl.2
United States

Why anyone would waste so much time and effort on a fake production is beyond me. I guess as Youtube click bait.
I'd like to thank all the people here at the forum that set this bad info straight.
2017-4-7
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Nobody said it was fake.  We just said it wasn't necessarily real - as in, in existence now or coming soon.  I think some of the concepts came from the Lily drone  but- that company never brought their product to market.

2017-4-7
Use props
Piojessie
lvl.1

Switzerland

it is fake~~~ by now DJI Phantom 4 and the Mavic Pro are still the best two in the world!!

you can check the top 10 drone reviews here...
http://10trumps.com/best-drone-camera/
2017-4-8
Use props
Dave Kent
lvl.2
United States

Piojessie Posted at 2017-4-8 02:54
it is fake~~~ by now DJI Phantom 4 and the Mavic Pro are still the best two in the world!!

you can check the top 10 drone reviews here...

I agree with your comment Thanks!!
But I've had the pleasure of flying the New Inspire 2 and what a dream UAVs it is!!
2017-4-10
Use props
Dave Kent
lvl.2
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-4-7 16:58
Nobody said it was fake.  We just said it wasn't necessarily real - as in, in existence now or coming soon.  I think some of the concepts came from the Lily drone  but- that company never brought their product to market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vGcH0Bk3hg

I saw the Lilly a while back and a friend of mine invested $500 and never saw a bird delivered.
At this time I heard he will get his money back after all the court filings are settled.
He say's who knows when that will take place.
2017-4-12
Use props
Capo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178196 ft
United States

This is akin to the concept cars that auto manufacturers put in auto shows. It is just the designer's dream and most likely a future product will be a stripped down version of the concept, or it will arrive far in the future with several interim models sold along the way. With DJI though, you never know. They are a very nimble company.
2017-5-10
Use props
Draqos
New

Romania

I've also read some rumors (e.g. http://www.droneflit.com/news/dji-phantom-5-rumors/ ) but all of them said release date April, 15. Here we are in July, do anyone have extra info related?
2017-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules