NVidia Shield reliability test
1057 5 2017-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Can someone who is running Nougat on an NVidia Shield do a test for me?  I was wondering if you could Force Stop most of your running apps, especially anything 3rd party, and then see if you still have a reliability problem with Nougat.

My guess is that there is something running that periodically takes priority from the DJI GO app which is causing the problem which doesn't exist on Marshmellow.   

I run a Sony Xperia X Compact running Android Nougat and it runs fine, though I don't allow most things to load in the background unless I am using that particular app.  The only times I have had a crash is when someone tried to call me while flying.  That seems to do a number on the DJI Go app.

2017-4-6
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

i always use the shield k1 for flying its great with no problems as long as it is on firmware 6.01 do not upgrade to 7.0 as it is incompatible.
2017-4-6
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.3

United States

I fly with a Nvidia shield on nougat 7.  I use Litchi and it's rock solid.  If I use djigo4 the app will crash on occasion but it does work.
2017-4-7
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

I use the Shield --- android v6.0.1 with GO4 and Litchi no problems at all SOLID
2017-4-7
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

I ran "greenify" an app that forces anything I want to hibernate and I did not have any issues last time I flew.  I have a Shield running 7.0; I also put it on airplane mode.
Regards,
-d.
2017-4-7
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Thanks.  I see several on 7 without crashes.  Sounds like the tablet to get.
2017-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules