New Firmware v1.2.0.17 QUESTIONS
2419 10 2015-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rfrye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 309606 ft
United States

I've read and read all the posts regarding new firmware v1.2.0.17 update.

Under Aircraft Status  my Inspire says "firmware is latest - normal" and does not ask for an update.

Do I need to update the firmware anyway?

I've tried and nothing happens. Neither aircraft or remote will respond with following all the suggested upgrade methods put out there.

What are all the actual version numbers found on the "about" screen under settings?

I see a lot of different suggested versions that people are offering.

Is there one set of versions which is official.

Where is DJI on this? Isn't it obvious there is a whole lot of confusion here?

Please - help us get to the bottom of this with "orders-from-headquarters"
2015-2-28
Use props
lynxskyshots
lvl.2

United States

Same here- Pilot app says I have latest firmware.  Won't upgrade bird or controller. Version shown in the app are not the same everyone else is
posting after the upgrade.  
2015-2-28
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Im not loading this firmware ...Way too hinky!!!
2015-2-28
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Most agreed I am holding off as well to load this firmware update..

My aircraft fly's fine I fear what may happen if there are issue like I'm reading..
2015-2-28
Use props
AaronSevart
lvl.1

United States

Too important to get a buggy firmware and you also never know what "improvements" are with DJI.  In the past there have been restrictions and features removed for our "safety".  Hopefully they release a clean version and address their user base that is obviously struggling with this firmware update.  DJI, do you read the forums and if so please put out an official answer on this firmware as many people are having either direct issues or fear of your update.  Please give us some real release notes and what we should notice and what versions we should see if we update and also what to do with the few common install issues folks have reported.

Everyone reading this, please support and please also hit the "report" button so it gets moved into an inbox somewhere at DJI where they might see it.
Thanks!
AS
2015-2-28
Use props
UM305
lvl.3

United States

You like it!! Doit! zero official support from the IJD (revserse)
RRdownload.jpg
2015-2-28
Use props
AaronSevart
lvl.1

United States

LOL!!! That is a great one.  Sad part is that bullet seems to always make it to the right spot!
2015-2-28
Use props
lynxskyshots
lvl.2

United States

As usual my situation is operator error, not a DJI problem.  My mistake was placing the BIN file IN the DCIM folder on my  sd card.  DON'T highlight the DCIM folder and then paste the copied files.  The update file has to show below the DCIM folder.  We will put it in the air as soon as the rain stops!

2015-2-28
Use props
AaronSevart
lvl.1

United States

I am glad you got yours going lynx.  Unfortunately there are a lot of people who have not been lucky enough to have their units work out correctly.  I personally haven't tried the update due to the reports of others.  Happy flying!
Hopefully DJI will address the common issues reported.
2015-2-28
Use props
flynamics
lvl.1

United States

This is the latest update I downloaded from DJI website: Inspire_1_Firmwarev1.2.0.17_en
when you unzip on your computer you will see the how to update pdf file and the BIN file firmware update.
this bin file you copy over to your SD card. before you do this make sure your SD card is completely empty with no files.
then load it camera. Make sure you update the pilot app if you haven already.
follow the same steps like the HOW TO pdf file they give you. worked for me.
the inspire will flash yellow and make sound beep! beep! beep! beep! this means its done.
to make sure remove sd card put in computer and there should be a file that says: update success.

also go to the inspire download page and you will see:

Inspire 1 Release Note
download the pdf and read what the update is for and other adroid and apple app information that is important to read.

2015-2-28
Use props
AaronSevart
lvl.1

United States

I don't like the words "enhanced" and "optimized" while listing 3 "Major" updates and not addressing what all of the minor ones might be.  Has anyone ever read the release notes for other brands?  The other big players have very detailed descriptions.  Why?  So their user base knows what has changed first and foremost, why it was changed, and it gives the users the ability to pay extra attention to the new items to insure it is working properly, provide feedback, and that process enhances future updates.  They also modify the release notes regularly as their user base reports installation errors and/or newly created issues while also reporting back success of outstanding issues that were fixed in the latest release.  DJI is trying to work on their customer service especially for the Inspire 1 since historically they have not been known for good support after the sale.  Constructive feedback is critical in assisting DJI in accomplishing their goal while also allowing us to all accomplish ours....safe flight and good product.
2015-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules