Air Encoder Error 0x8000000 - UPDATE: FIX FOUND!
24171 15 2017-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

I was going to post about a gimbal issue (it doesn't stay level, when rolling/crabbing the shot) and noticed there's a new FW, so thought I'd load that and see if it fixes the issue.  After getting confirmation that upgrading was successful, I've been unable to get the MP to fly.  I'm now getting a message "Air Encoder Error 0x8000000" and a "No Image Transmission" message on the DJI GO 4 app.I've restarted several times but no joy.  Has anyone successfully got through the other end of such a problem?!
2017-4-7
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
France

Just downgraded back to v01.03.0500, but that's not fixed the problem.  Still getting the error messages and a further you-must-upgrade message
2017-4-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

GMG Posted at 2017-4-7 09:43
Just downgraded back to v01.03.0500, but that's not fixed the problem.  Still getting the error messages and a further you-must-upgrade message

You may have to send it in for evaluation.
Can you connect it to the Assistant2 on your computer and restore to factory defaults.
It may not do anything but can't hurt trying.
2017-4-7
Use props
Lemonsorbie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3809 ft
Canada

See my post on this error code
2017-4-7
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
United States

Thanks Ken.  Just tried this and still not working.  I've sent in a request to Support, who've said they're not open till Monday.  Bummer that I'll have to wait through the weekend, as we've got the best weather of the year and steadily getting better!
2017-4-7
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
France

Lemonsorbie Posted at 2017-4-7 12:04

Thanks, Lemonsorbie.  Just had a look at your post.  The tool you mention is for Windows and I'm using a Mac, so I had a look and it appears that DiskUtility can repair such issues, but when I launch it, it doesn't see the MP, despite connecting it via USB.
2017-4-7
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
France

FOUND A FIX!
@BD0G on the mavicpilots forum found a fix for the Air Encoder Error message. The problem relates to the Micro SD card and simply swapping out or re-formatting the existing card corrects the issue (note: if you try to reformat it attached to the MP, using the DJI GO 4 app, it won't work as it won't recognise the card, so you'll need to pop it out and use your PC/Mac).  Further details here, in case anyone else has this problem:
http://mavicpilots.com/threads/a ... -possible-fix.3123/

Now, hopefully I'll be able to find a solution to the gimbal...
2017-4-9
Use props
fans303611e9
lvl.1
United States

Lemonsorbie Posted at 2017-4-7 12:04

What post??
2017-6-11
Use props
fans56ee645e
lvl.1

Hiii j have DJI spark
I got a one error iny drone the error is aircraft aincode error 0×8000
Plz help
2019-9-3
Use props
djiuser_P87u95IYBwie
New

United Kingdom

2020-4-14
Use props
djiuser_Xft6ezIzifwm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31969 ft

Brazil

Olá, meu drone spark não tá transmitindo imagem e a com erro de encoder  0x800000 como faço pra resolver ?
2020-8-4
Use props
djiuser_kq8HwQC4jSFP
lvl.1

United States

Anyone know what’s this error for
I got this in my mavic platinum
0x3c800000
2020-11-8
Use props
djiuser_kq8HwQC4jSFP
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_kq8HwQC4jSFP Posted at 11-8 11:00
Anyone know what’s this error for
I got this in my mavic platinum
0x3c800000

Any help please
2020-11-10
Use props
Wanbli
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3848497 ft
United States

So, I've been messing with this error for several weeks now and, for me, I know what it IS NOT!
1. It is NOT the SD-Card (although it may have been for some people). Reformatting and replacing the SD-Card with a 16gb SanDisk Extreme U3 has NOT fixed my issue.
2. It is NOT the Main Core Board. I have replaced the Main Core board with two (2) known good Core Boards and the issue still remains. Replacing the core board back into another Mavic pro and they work fine thru multiple re-boots.
3. It IS NOT the Video Cable as, Initially (upon 1st boot) the error disappeared until the next re-boot where it promptly returned, so the video cable is working, as are the cables to and from the gimbal control board and the gimbal control board itself.
4. It IS NOT the cable connections to the Core board, as they are all good and, as previously stated, everything worked on the initial boot after replacing the Core Board.

This leaves me to believe it MUST be a firmware issue. But the drone will not complete a Firmware Refresh or a downgrade with DJI Assistant or DUMLdore V3. In both cases, thru multiple attempts, on various levels of firmware and on 2, Known Good, Core Boards, the update/downgrade fails at 36%. So I can't even update/downgrade the firmware. I'm just about ready to throw this drone into the river!
Also, the drone is at 01.04.0500 firmware.

BTW, DJI, I will NOT be sending this drone in to your repair center.

Any help from the community would be DEEPLY APPRIECATED!!

UPDATE: After much agnst, consternation and alot of swearing, I got this PoS working! I replaced the right side cable that runs from the gimbal controller board to the Core Board. Bingo! No more Air Encoder Error! I booted it several times and even flew it around the yard to see if I  could get the error to return as it had so many time before! so I put in an SD-Card and BANG, the error has returned! I removed the SD-Caed, but the error remained. I reset firmware to factory setting, still the error remained! I tried to downgrade to 0100, crsahed at 40%! Tried to downgrade to 400, crashed at 40%! Tried to refresh 500, crashed at 40%! So I have wasted nearly a whole week of my life on this PoS drone. Tomorrow it gets auctioned for parts on eBay!!!

2021-8-14
Use props
doporsgmail.com
lvl.1

Philippines

So meaning it has to be firmware update that brake this? Instead of replacing parts. I changed the gimbal assembly, flex cable and audiovideo cable. I have not downgraded though. Can you factory reset back to original firmware.
2021-9-11
Use props
loflybyP4
lvl.1

United States

Hello all.
I read this whole thread. I have three of the symptoms posted here on my P4. I haven't replaced anything. The drone is in pristine condition. I believe, what DJI did here is to obsolete the P4 via firmware, in other words, even if mechanically the drone is good, they force the consumers to dispose their machine by making the firmware unrecover.
Next, I'm contacting DJI Technical Support.
Thank you all for the postings.
2022-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules