Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flying To Indonesia
1233 10 2017-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LostMyMavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84957 ft
United States

Hello

I am boarding a plane to indonesia and flying on the Southern China airline. I will be leaving from SFO and will have a layaway in china. I am wondering what i need to prepare for if i take my drone with me. I will be taking extra propellers and 1 extra battery.

Any advice would help so i wont have to worry about either getting something confiscated or missing my expensive flight to paradise.

Thank you,

LMM

2017-4-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Check with your airline on policy for taking lipo batteries on board. You can be sure they won't allow them in the hold, also some airlines only allow so many batteries so if your flying with someone you can share out, some airlines expect you to have batteries discharged also put them in lipo bag or bags,, there should be no problem with your aircraft.
2017-4-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Is your AC ok..
2017-4-7
Use props
LostMyMavic
lvl.3
United States

yeah i found her! shes getting sent in to get repaired. the body is solid but the gimbal is completely detached. im assuming it was the common battery not all the way in issue
2017-4-7
Use props
FrequentFlyer
Second Officer
United States

How are the Laws on flying in Indo ? I want to plan a trip there in the next year or 2.
2017-4-7
Use props
LostMyMavic
lvl.3
United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-4-7 12:12
How are the Laws on flying in Indo ? I want to plan a trip there in the next year or 2.

i looked them up and they are pretty much the same as the US. Dont fly near airports, or in NFZ, dont fly over people, and don't fly higher than a 150 meters.
2017-4-7
Use props
FrequentFlyer
Second Officer
United States

This is from China Southern Air's website.

Lithium battery
When carrying a reasonable number of spare batteries needed for the travel as well as mobile phone, laptop, camera and other equipment with lithium batteries for personal use on the fight, it should be noted that:

1、Electric equipment can be put in the checked baggage or carried with the carry-on baggage ,while spare batteries within a reasonable number can be only put into the carry-on baggage when boarding;

2、During the flight, please power off all the equipment with lithium battery to prevent them from accidental start –up. A single spare battery should be packed independently, whose electrodes must be protected properly to avoid spontaneous explosion and combustion caused by friction, collision and short circuit;
Capture.PNG
2017-4-7
Use props
LostMyMavic
lvl.3
United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-4-7 12:16
This is from China Southern Air's website.

Lithium battery

my drone is sent in to DJI for repair so i cant reference, but are the batteries on the mavic bigger or smaller than 100WH ?
2017-4-7
Use props
FrequentFlyer
Second Officer
United States

LostMyMavic Posted at 2017-4-7 12:34
my drone is sent in to DJI for repair so i cant reference, but are the batteries on the mavic bigger or smaller than 100WH ?

They are  43.6 Wh
2017-4-7
Use props
FrequentFlyer
Second Officer
United States

LostMyMavic Posted at 2017-4-7 12:34

If I were you Id pull up the webpage just to have as backup, if they do have any questions prior to boarding.
2017-4-7
Use props
LostMyMavic
lvl.3
United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-4-7 13:03
If I were you Id pull up the webpage just to have as backup, if they do have any questions prior to boarding.

good advice
2017-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules