Input please
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdc5dfc67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42982 ft
Canada

There is someone in the same city as me selling a p4p. Only thing it doesn't include the drone. He said it flew away on him and was able to prove it to dji and got a 30% off coupon. Should I buy this from him? It includes the controller, case, charger, spare props, extra battery and gimbal lock. It kinda seems to good to be true. Your input is appreciated thanks
2017-4-7
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha fansdc,

Let the buyer beware!  If it seems too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.  

What you could do though, is add the cost of his current sale to you, to what it would cost the seller to get the P4P with the 30% coupon.  (You can get the proper pricing from the DJI web site.)  Then tell the seller to order it and when everything comes in properly, then you will pay the seller that price.  If that price sounds like a good deal, go with it.  If the seller starts hemming and hawing, tell him no deal, you do not want to get ripped off.  

Everything he has to offer is also offered on the DJI web site.  What he will be buying with the coupon is probably the standard price for a refurbished P4 Pro.  The prices have very little variability, except between countries.  There is no shipping cost to it either.  If you need more help to determine the proper price of the sale, list it here and we will help you.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-4-8
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

I would be very suspicious, P4P normally don't fly away, and when they do it is normally a warranty issue and DJI replace it because there is enough evidence in a P4P log file on the phone/tablet to identify the problem.  It needs to be due to a pilot error to get a discount where the pilot has some excuse for getting it wrong.

You could ask to see the log file, then you would be fairly certain that he did have a P4P and could see what went wrong, but I would still be suspicious.

As has been said above, better that he uses the coupon and then sells you a new unopened and unactivated aircraft with full warrantee because it has not been activated and pay him a little extra.
2017-4-8
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why double post your question?
??????????????????????
2017-4-8
Use props
Advanced