Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Repairing a damaged Ronin M, spare parts?
3990 4 2017-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hanski
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53619 ft
Finland

I have a "injured" Ronin M (see pic_01). Dismantled it today and found out that the elctrical components seem to be in good condition.
Now I'm cuorious to know if it is possible to get a spare part to replace the broken vertical arm?
Does anyone know if DJI supplies any body parts as spares? Is there anyone who has a a non-functional Ronin M (with this part intact)?
The broken part can be seen on pic_14 and pic_17.

Broken Ronin M

Broken Ronin M

Broken Ronin M vertical arm dismantled.

Broken Ronin M vertical arm dismantled.

Breakage point.

Breakage point.
2017-4-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

DJI has some spare parts via their online store, but noting as major as that. If you can't get any from a dealer, then you'll most likely need to send it in for service.
2017-4-8
Use props
Hanski
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53619 ft
Finland

Did some engineering and made additional sideplates from a 3 mm aluminium plate. Made 4 pcs M3 holes. Cleaned the surfaces well removing also the black paint. Glued the sideplates on with extra strong two-component Araldite and added the M3 screws.
Sealed the gap between the body parts with a layer of the glue. Finally added a 1,5 mm aluminium plate under the wifi and bluetooth antennas, because there was a piece missing.

When everything had dried, I reassembled the Ronin M, attached a charged battery, turned it on and...

It works!

So; electronics seems to be working and the vertical body is now more rigid than the original part.
Cost: 10€ for the aluminium plate (had to buy 1m long 3 x 40 mm bar) and about 5 hours of dismantling, planning, cutting, sawing, drilling, filing, gluing fitting and assembling.
tmp_2080-WP_20170413_10_19_35_Raw_LI (2)-2008158550.jpg
tmp_2080-WP_20170413_10_20_05_Raw_LI (2)-1889352921.jpg
2017-4-18
Use props
Sledziaru
lvl.1

Poland

Hanski Posted at 2017-4-18 12:01
Did some engineering and made additional sideplates from a 3 mm aluminium plate. Made 4 pcs M3 holes. Cleaned the surfaces well removing also the black paint. Glued the sideplates on with extra strong two-component Araldite and added the M3 screws.
Sealed the gap between the body parts with a layer of the glue. Finally added a 1,5 mm aluminium plate under the wifi and bluetooth antennas, because there was a piece missing.

So I damaged my Ronin M in almost exact same way. My question is does still work after this few months? Did you notice any problems?
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Hanski Posted at 2017-4-18 12:01

Glad you were able to find a resolution on this. Let us know if you have any further questions.
2017-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules