No refunds if price drops
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SPH*i2*
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322579 ft
United Kingdom

DJI do not give customers back any credits to there account even if they have lowered the prices after a purchase and before the items have been delivered.
If you where to buy elsewhere you would be given a refund of the diffr,.
Ps Still waiting for my delivery from DJI its now been over 65 day's with no email updates.
2017-4-8
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

If this is the case then I would just return to sender as son as it arrives.  This is one reason I make all my DJI purchases from a local store  " Best Buy " they also have a very generous return policy  ( in my case being a preferred customer 45 days ) .  Perhaps you can find a local vendor in your area as I dont think you have Best Buys  in the UK, but then again maybe you do .

I agree they should lower the price if it is in transit, most companies have a 30 day policy on this . In My business selling new cars. Buicks and GMC trucks , we give customers a 30 day price drop guarantee, If the Manufacturer adds any additional monies, rebates etc.  we give it to the customer, it is just good business and no one feels like  they have been taken for a ride , no pun intended in my case.

good Luck

donnie
2017-4-8
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

What Donnie said.

I bought my P4 at Best Buy and within a month DJI dropped the price $200.  I went back and they gave me an extra battery and a couple of movies due to the drop in price.  Then they took two defective ones back and replaced them with new boxed ones within their 15 day return window too.  Can't beat that.  A lot of smaller places will not take exchanges back and tell you to "Send it to DJI."
2017-4-8
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-4-8 06:50
What Donnie said.

I bought my P4 at Best Buy and within a month DJI dropped the price $200.  I went back and they gave me an extra battery and a couple of movies due to the drop in price.  Then they took two defective ones back and replaced them with new boxed ones within their 15 day return window too.  Can't beat that.  A lot of smaller places will not take exchanges back and tell you to "Send it to DJI."

Yes, they are great.  LOVE dealing with "Best Buy "

donnie
2017-4-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If you are within the return period, you can send the unit back for a refund and then get the unit at the lowered price. If your outside of that time frame, unfortunately they would not be able to compensate for the price difference.
2017-4-8
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-4-8 12:08
Yes, they are great.  LOVE dealing with "Best Buy "

donnie

I just got my new Inspire 2 from Best Buy

Rich
2017-6-11
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-11 17:12

Which Best Buy did you get an Inspire 2 out of?  Mine hasn't seen one yet, nor does their website show any cameras for the I2 either.

I've seen where the BB website alternates between Coming Soon, Sold Out (Never had it here!), Notify Me, and sundry promise dates that never are true.  The website has questions about the camera too and no answers.  The Inspire 1 keeps moving 1-2 weeks ahead of current date too and has been for months.

I tried to pre-order in-store and they would not accept it until warehouse showed in stock as the DJI promised delivery dates are too sketchy.  The Mavic showed up maybe 6 months after the roll-out and they took their display down while waiting and set up the Karma instead which later got recalled and they took it down too.
2017-6-11
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-6-11 18:30
Which Best Buy did you get an Inspire 2 out of?  Mine hasn't seen one yet, nor does their website show any cameras for the I2 either.

I've seen where the BB website alternates between Coming Soon, Sold Out (Never had it here!), Notify Me, and sundry promise dates that never are true.  The website has questions about the camera too and no answers.  The Inspire 1 keeps moving 1-2 weeks ahead of current date too and has been for months.

8a4
So, I used the notify me email option. They sent me a link when the I2 was available and I missed it twice.... I was to late. The last time it was available for about 20 hours after I ordered mine.

I am a elite member that gives me 2 day shipping.. already have my order.  Everything checked out okay and charged up the batteries for testing. Once this has pasted all my testing I will order the rest of the stuff I need. So far this one is in perfect shape..    Although I am surprised that the props are still version 1  

You are right BB is only selling the Inspire 2 and no accessories or cameras are available yet. I will buy the camera and batteries elsewhere but I am not in a hurry.

Hope this helps
Rich
2017-6-11
Use props
WernerD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-8 17:08
If you are within the return period, you can send the unit back for a refund and then get the unit at the lowered price. If your outside of that time frame, unfortunately they would not be able to compensate for the price difference.

..thus creating cost, tear&wear, shipping risks, reduced customer loyalty, handling costs at the customer, handling costs at you.
On the plus side you get the few extra bucks from those customers who did not find out in time.

That looks greedy if not like an outright stupid company policy. I would change that if I were you.

my 2 cents
2017-6-12
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

Actually, Best Buy dropped the price of the P4 by $200 right after I bought it.  So I went back and they gave me a free battery and some other stuff so it worked to my benefit.  They didn't notify me of the price drop, but I saw it on their website and questioned it.  No issues with them, even with the need to return two P4's due to poor quality control issues with the camera.

Sad to hear the Best Buy Elite member above who got an I2 got the #1 props too.  Should be #2 by now.  Don't know why BB doesn't sell a camera yet for the I2 they sell as it will likely throw up the "Encoder Error" and service may say to "Send it in" if one tries to do an update.

2017-6-12
Use props
Masemoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137425 ft
  • >>>
United States

For those of us in California we'd pay 8% in sales tax or an extra ~$240 on top of the I2 price. I can see the benefit of having a physical store to go to for exchange or return but I rather have $240 in my pocket and buy online.  Even if they adjust the price you'd likely just be getting your taxes back so you've gained very little. No blue shirt is going to have any deep knowledge of DJI products so BB is really just for return/exchange/price security, and no other benefit.  You're still going to have to buy the X5S somewhere else... and what will the turnaround time be on the exchange of an I2 if no store stocks them? No bueno.

If you do some basic looking online (http://bfy.tw/CKGz) you can get some kind of % off or cash back on DJI products too. Look at Adorama or Multicopter Warehouse for example, both offer some form of % back and have comparable (probably even better) customer service than your local BB. If you are a very savvy internet shopper and have some patience you can score a I2 with X5S drop shipped from DJI for $3500 (my combo is in the mail).  Now you're saving ~$1790+ off BestBuy (if they sold the X5S that is). I'll take that price over a brick and mortar all day, no price adjustment worries ever.
2017-6-12
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

Fwiw, sales tax in Los Angeles is set to go to 10.25% soon.  Where I'm at, it is still 7.25%.  Las Vegas is at 8.1% now.

The biggest issue is legally you are still obligated to pay the CA state sales tax on purchases made out of state.  If you think you saved $240 and the state franchise tax board gets wind to audit, that may rise to $350 with interest.  Visa has begun putting out some annual statement that breaks down your purchases and if they are taxable (I had four separate purchase windows on last years which surprised me as they broke down the Medical in one window as well.).  If the state decides they want the Visa card info, it will be a big costly tap dancing show to get out of it.

Aside, I just heard Best Buy is starting some new "Try before you buy" program and it includes drones.  Some sort of discount applied to the rental in the later purchase too.

Try before you buy program at Best Buy.

"Best Buy is upping the ante in the battle against Amazon by offering a try-before-you-buy rental option for cameras, drones, audio equipment and fitness trackers..."

2017-6-12
Use props
Masemoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137425 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-6-12 10:56
Fwiw, sales tax in Los Angeles is set to go to 10.25% soon.  Where I'm at, it is still 7.25%.  Las Vegas is at 8.1% now.

The biggest issue is legally you are still obligated to pay the CA state sales tax on purchases made out of state.  If you think you saved $240 and the state franchise tax board gets wind to audit, that may rise to $350 with interest.  Visa has begun putting out some annual statement that breaks down your purchases and if they are taxable (I had four separate purchase windows on last years which surprised me as they broke down the Medical in one window as well.).  If the state decides they want the Visa card info, it will be a big costly tap dancing show to get out of it.

Valid points on they whole tax situation. I will need to practice my tap dancing for sure.

As for the try before you buy program... I don't know about that one. Would have to be a pretty steep discount on the rental and/or the purchase. They want $135 for 3 days with a Mavic and $150 for P4P. Yikes!! That's a lot of money sunk if you decide not to buy. Then again also a lot of money if you decide to buy without try and decide you don't like it.
2017-6-12
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-6-12 06:01
Actually, Best Buy dropped the price of the P4 by $200 right after I bought it.  So I went back and they gave me a free battery and some other stuff so it worked to my benefit.  They didn't notify me of the price drop, but I saw it on their website and questioned it.  No issues with them, even with the need to return two P4's due to poor quality control issues with the camera.

Sad to hear the Best Buy Elite member above who got an I2 got the #1 props too.  Should be #2 by now.  Don't know why BB doesn't sell a camera yet for the I2 they sell as it will likely throw up the "Encoder Error" and service may say to "Send it in" if one tries to do an update.

Yah, I have 45 days to get everything working... so not a problem.  The props are a disappointment but, maybe DJI will send me the new ones?  The Inspire 2 is perfect in every way so far. It is a very nice unit ..

As far as the camera, this will not be a big deal because I will not update the FW until I have the X5S camera ...

This is the link to buy
Link

Rich
2017-6-12
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-11 17:12

Cool , let me know what you think of it

donnie
2017-6-13
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-6-13 05:21
Cool , let me know what you think of it

donnie

Hi Donnie .. where have you been?  Yah, I finally got the Inspire 2 pretty awesome so far. But do not have the X5S camera yet.. so cant really test it out. Compared to the I1V2 the body is very strong and well designed.  I didn't get the V2 props and have 2 of them slightly loose (surprised they are not up to date) I wonder if they are going to redesign the props / hubs and issue them to all the owners?

DJI has not responded to my request for new props yet, but I am not worried

Rich
2017-6-13
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-13 16:17
Hi Donnie .. where have you been?  Yah, I finally got the Inspire 2 pretty awesome so far. But do not have the X5S camera yet.. so cant really test it out. Compared to the I1V2 the body is very strong and well designed.  I didn't get the V2 props and have 2 of them slightly loose (surprised they are not up to date) I wonder if they are going to redesign the props / hubs and issue them to all the owners?

DJI has not responded to my request for new props yet, but I am not worried

I have been busy at work and also notice many of the questions posed are regarding the Inspire 2.  Since I dont wind that one I dont want to comment unless I know the answer for sure .  I guess you will have to be the answer man regarding the I2 !  Also Ken has left DJI and He will be missed, He was a good person and someone members could get a straight answer from .  DJI Jamie does a good job and I am sure will pick up the slack .

Have fun with the I2

donnie
2017-6-14
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-6-14 04:44
I have been busy at work and also notice many of the questions posed are regarding the Inspire 2.  Since I dont wind that one I dont want to comment unless I know the answer for sure .  I guess you will have to be the answer man regarding the I2 !  Also Ken has left DJI and He will be missed, He was a good person and someone members could get a straight answer from .  DJI Jamie does a good job and I am sure will pick up the slack .

Have fun with the I2

Donnie
I have been waiting to say anything about DJI Ken, yes he is no longer with DJI for personal reasons and will be sadly missed. I was going to meet with him last week in SO Cal but he couldn't make it happen due to the personal stuff going on.

As far as the being the answer man.....  that will have to wait, because I am learning the new features myself .   DJI Jamie has been very helpful as always there are many good folks on the forum..

Rich
2017-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules