Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Purchased a used Phantom 4 Pro
880 3 2017-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5ba4c294
lvl.1

United States

As the title says I purchased a used Phantom 4 Pro. As I have researched I am finding that the registration will be linked to the person's email who originally purchased the device to tracks its 1-year warranty. Currently, I have no problems with the craft but is there a way to track if it has been refurbished or sent in for repair? I did notice some coloration distortion the spanned the length of the video, but I am not sure if lighting conditions caused it. As a second owner does the 1-year warranty still apply?
Thank you,
-Isaac
2017-4-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If you provide some screenshots of what you're getting regarding the color distortion, we can determine if it's a settings issue. We might be able to see if it's come in for service before via it's SN, but I can't guarantee if it will come up with anything if it never came in. As a second owner, you can use any remaining warranty of the unit that's left from the time period of the original owner but it does not reset once it's been passed down to you. For instance, if the unit was 4 months old, then you can you will have at most 8 months of warranty left to take advantage of.
2017-4-8
Use props
fans5ba4c294
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-8 12:24
If you provide some screenshots of what you're getting regarding the color distortion, we can determine if it's a settings issue. We might be able to see if it's come in for service before via it's SN, but I can't guarantee if it will come up with anything if it never came in. As a second owner, you can use any remaining warranty of the unit that's left from the time period of the original owner but it does not reset once it's been passed down to you. For instance, if the unit was 4 months old, then you can you will have at most 8 months of warranty left to take advantage of.

Thank you for your help,

I would like to know how many months old the unit is, the serial number is 0AXDDC70A20435.

I feel silly but after a closer inspection I figured out what the color distortion was/is. It is the media player I was using to play back the footage.

So it is not the Phantom at all

Here are a few pictures to illustrate what I was seeing.

This screen shot is using Windows Movies & TV application. I have highlighted in a red box showing the difference.:
[img]https://forum33.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/[/img][img]https://forum22.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/[/img]
----------------------------
This screen shot is using Windows Media Player application. Note: the discoloration is not present when using this application, which made me realize that it is not the Phantom:
[img]https://forum22.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/[/img]

Thank you for your time,

-Isaac
2017-4-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans5ba4c294 Posted at 2017-4-9 07:35
Thank you for your help,

I would like to know how many months old the unit is, the serial number is 0AXDDC70A20435.

Good to see that you were able to rule out any hardware issue. I could not find a service record, but I did find that the unit was activated on 3/7/17 which means it still has a good amount of the warranty period left on it.
2017-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules