Thoughts on this little guy. I just ordered it
https://www.amazon.ca/Tile-Mate- ... 91671218&sr=1-1

2017-4-8
Use props
Petroboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

I bought these a couple of years ago under a Kickstarter campaign and never used them.  First they are limited to Bluetooth range (probably less than 100 feet) and so if you want to find your Mavic, you'll need to be in range.  They do not have GPS, and so that killed it for me.  I, once again, ordered too quickly before reading all the fine print.  Second, the ones I got were larger than I pictured (perhaps they are smaller now), and that was a drawback to me.  I had hoped to put one on my cat's collar and find out where he roams the neighborhood, but without GPS range, no dice.

If you want one to just find a lost Mavic that is close to you, then it would work, but how many times will that be a scenario that happens?  These will be limited in use for the Mavic.
2017-4-8
Use props
Lemonsorbie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3809 ft
Canada

Petroboy Posted at 2017-4-8 09:59
I bought these a couple of years ago under a Kickstarter campaign and never used them.  First they are limited to Bluetooth range (probably less than 100 feet) and so if you want to find your Mavic, you'll need to be in range.  They do not have GPS, and so that killed it for me.  I, once again, ordered too quickly before reading all the fine print.  Second, the ones I got were larger than I pictured (perhaps they are smaller now), and that was a drawback to me.  I had hoped to put one on my cat's collar and find out where he roams the neighborhood, but without GPS range, no dice.

If you want one to just find a lost Mavic that is close to you, then it would work, but how many times will that be a scenario that happens?  These will be limited in use for the Mavic.

Good call. Order cancelled.
2017-4-8
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Anyone using this?  I don't need a GPS tracker.  I can see the last location of the drone and where I fly, cell service is probably not going to happen.  The last known location will probably get me within 50 feet so I am thinking I just need this to locate the drone after that fact.

Thoughts on TrackR as an alternative?
2017-4-18
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Although trackr is not only limited to your Bluetooth anyone using trackr will send off the signal for the location. Its a good backup for flying in heavily populated areas. But Rural areas not so much.
2017-4-18
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Thx.  I guess is anyone using Tile then?
2017-4-18
Use props
jamesw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169364 ft
United States

I've been using a Tile on my Mavic and it saved me when I lost it behind a neighbor's solid fence.  I wouldn't have known to look for it behind the fence if I didn't hear it or get the notification.  There's a new Tile SPORT that is ruggedized, waterproof, w/ 200 foot range and twice as loud. Here's the referral link

2017-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules