Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My P3P is blind.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skeyephantom
lvl.1

United States

After its winter hybernation my P3P will not show camera preview with Go App.  Firmware is updated.  Cleaned connection between gimbal and bird. (as suggested on a previous thread) Used several USB cables.  I have also uninstalled/reinstalled App.  When I record...no video playback on App, however, I can successfully playback video when I remove SD card and put it in my laptop.  Everything else is working as it should except for the preview on the Samsung tablet I use.  Flew this P3P many times last summer and early fall with no problems.  Would appreciate any help from you veteran flyers.
2017-4-8
Use props
SimonH78
Captain
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

what did you do here - Cleaned connection between gimbal and bird. ?? - You did plug it back properly-fully home??
2017-4-8
Use props
skeyephantom
lvl.1

United States

SimonH78 Posted at 2017-4-8 11:02
what did you do here - Cleaned connection between gimbal and bird. ?? - You did plug it back properly-fully home??

Thanks.  Yes, I have good connection after cleaning. Read an earlier thread that this might fix my problem, but to no avail.
2017-4-8
Use props
skeyephantom
lvl.1

United States

skeyephantom Posted at 2017-4-8 11:11
Thanks.  Yes, I have good connection after cleaning. Read an earlier thread that this might fix my problem, but to no avail.

All flight data is displayed properly on App.  Just no video preview.
2017-4-8
Use props
Kneepuck
Captain
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

That sure sounds like a cable issue to me.  The fact that it records to sd says the camera is fine.  Telemetry showing proves device connected.  Can control camera tilt,  start/stop recording?  Does your r/c have hdmi port?
Phantom uses different wires to send video to sd and another to send to fpv.  If you have hdmi port, plug in to hdmi monitor, see if image works.  If yes, probable issue with device.  If no could be cable, r/c.  Need more info.
2017-4-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Do you see any error messages in the Go app? What mobile device do you have?
2017-4-8
Use props
Pgregory
lvl.1
United States

It was the firmware update that killed the view, I'm sure. Post your hidden file log here, and I'll confirm....
2017-4-8
Use props
skeyephantom
lvl.1

United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2017-4-8 14:05
That sure sounds like a cable issue to me.  The fact that it records to sd says the camera is fine.  Telemetry showing proves device connected.  Can control camera tilt,  start/stop recording?  Does your r/c have hdmi port?
Phantom uses different wires to send video to sd and another to send to fpv.  If you have hdmi port, plug in to hdmi monitor, see if image works.  If yes, probable issue with device.  If no could be cable, r/c.  Need more info.

Sorry for the delayed response.  I used another mobile device (my phone, Samsung/Android),, to eliminate the device as a problem.  App. showed telemetry, but no camera preview....exactly like on the tablet I use. (Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0)
2017-4-12
Use props
skeyephantom
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-8 17:54
Do you see any error messages in the Go app? What mobile device do you have?

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
2017-4-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

skeyephantom Posted at 2017-4-12 12:18
Sorry for the delayed response.  I used another mobile device (my phone, Samsung/Android),, to eliminate the device as a problem.  App. showed telemetry, but no camera preview....exactly like on the tablet I use. (Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0)

If that's the case, then, there's an issue withthe VTX that's in the camera/gimbal component itself. It would be best to send the unit in for service. The Support team would be able to help with shipping as well.
2017-4-12
Use props
Sasquad
First Officer
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-12 14:56
If that's the case, then, there's an issue withthe VTX that's in the camera/gimbal component itself. It would be best to send the unit in for service. The Support team would be able to help with shipping as well.

Could it be the  data "USB" port on the controller?
2017-4-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Sasquad Posted at 2017-4-12 17:10
Could it be the  data "USB" port on the controller?

If the Go app seems to connect, it might not be the case. Are you able to get ahold of another RC, either a P3 or standard P4, to see if the video feed comes back? It would help rule it out. Do you happen to have a HDMI ouput module on your RC to see if the HDMI out works?
2017-4-13
Use props
Billbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1211414 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you have updated the firmware you may have done it in reverse order. If you updated the controller then the aircraft this is exactly what it will do! Must update the aircraft first.
2017-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules