Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro Horizontal Alignment Issue
1679 8 2017-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cameron McGeorg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1195837 ft
New Zealand

Hi,

Got a new Mavic Pro in the mail recently, nothing asthetic or external appears to be wrong, however when in flight, when ever I yaw the aircraft the horizon will not keep it's self level, no matter what gimbal role or other settings I change the issue continues to be a problem. (the gimbal is also never level on startup no matter what settings or number of IMU, Gimbal, Remote Controller, Sensor or Factory Reset/Firmware Refreshes I do)

Any Ideas ...
2017-4-8
Use props
Mcflying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

Well i had the same problem but for me the gimbal reset did the job. (at home on a flat table).
But when i read your story, it doesn't look good.
I think when you do search in the forum about this problem most of them eventually resulted in a DJI Repair.
2017-4-8
Use props
rnrnrn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

Carry out the gimbal calibration in good light - sunshine onto the balcony for example and you inside with the camera pointed at the balcony door - so that you have a level line within camera sights. Then - correct the manual roll of the gimbal - you have that in the settings - and level off like that. See if this helps ;-)
2017-4-8
Use props
Cameron McGeorg
lvl.3
New Zealand

rnrnrn Posted at 2017-4-8 16:15
Carry out the gimbal calibration in good light - sunshine onto the balcony for example and you inside with the camera pointed at the balcony door - so that you have a level line within camera sights. Then - correct the manual roll of the gimbal - you have that in the settings - and level off like that. See if this helps ;-)

Thanks tried that not working, shipping it off to DJI on Monday
2017-4-8
Use props
Cameron McGeorg
lvl.3
New Zealand

Mcflying Posted at 2017-4-8 12:56
Well i had the same problem but for me the gimbal reset did the job. (at home on a flat table).
I think when you do search in the forum about this problem most of them eventually resulted in a DJI Repair.

Thanks very much, sending it back to DJI tomorrow for replacement.
2017-4-8
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Cameron McGeorg Posted at 2017-4-8 17:36
Thanks very much, sending it back to DJI tomorrow for replacement.

Before you do that try this but do it gently.

Hold the gimbal and bring backward to it's limit but again very gently and as far as you can. Then do a auto gimbal calibration.

It will also help if you can take a video of when you star the AC to see the movement of the gimbal.
2017-4-8
Use props
AACY
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518012 ft
China

Mcflying Posted at 2017-4-8 12:56

How you did the Gimbal reset?
2017-4-8
Use props
Mcflying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

AACY Posted at 2017-4-8 21:09
How you did the Gimbal reset?

sorry i mean calibration,....english is not my native language
2017-4-9
Use props
AACY
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518012 ft
United States

Mcflying Posted at 2017-4-9 01:22
sorry i mean calibration,....english is not my native language

No problem! Thank you very much for your response.
2017-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules