Phantom 3 Professional gimbal yaw
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scott A
lvl.1
United States

I have been having issues with the gimbal on a P3P. When you first power it up, the gimbal is rock solid.
After the phantom initializes, any yaw input will produce yaw drift. It happens on the desk, and in the air.

This has been going on for 4 months now and I can't find a solution. I have calibrated everything with no effect.

Any ideas?

2017-4-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, have you already performed an IMU and gimbal calibration in that order?
2017-4-8
Use props
Scott A
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-8 16:31
Just to clarify, have you already performed an IMU and gimbal calibration in that order?

Yes. Could you post a video how the gimbal reacts during the initialization, similar to what I posted above. I would love to compare the behavior with a known good machine.

Scott
2017-4-8
Use props
Scott A
lvl.1
United States

Scott A Posted at 2017-4-8 17:24
Yes. Could you post a video how the gimbal reacts during the initialization, similar to what I posted above. I would love to compare the behavior with a known good machine.

Scott

Any ideas ???
2017-4-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Scott A Posted at 2017-4-8 17:24

Scott

I do not have the ability to make a video at this time. One other thing that I noticed from your video is that I don't see any anti drop pins connected to the gimbal. Can you please ensure that you have two of those connected diagonally to ensure that it's stable?
2017-4-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

That movement looks perfectly normal to me. The camera is only able to yaw a very small amount when the aircraft is on the ground, which we are seeing. And if you move the aircraft, it slowly catches up as we saw.  In the air, yawing is achieved by rotating the aircraft, not moving the camera.
2017-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules