Horizon level issues
5714 18 2015-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
media100
lvl.2

Germany

Hello,

I've flown the Inspire several times now, the gimbal performance is very good except horizon level drifts. I've already done gimbal auto calibration via the app.
When starting the Inspire and flying forwards the horizon level is perfect, after turning around and moving the craft in a new (opposite) direction, the horizon level is off a few degrees often. When flying afterwards in the direction I started to move the Inspire after takeoff, the level is perfect again. So it depends on the point of compass I think.
I've already done compass and IMU calibration at this flying location, but I noticed no improvement on the horizon issue after that.

What else could I do ? Did DJI announce better horizon performance for the next firmware update ?

Thanks for your help !

2015-3-1
Use props
gmaiche
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1816611 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi,
I have the same problem.
A idea ?
2015-3-1
Use props
Midi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5134951 ft
Germany

Same here, might be less than perfect imu or compass calibration  
Have to check that tomorrow
2015-3-1
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did  the issue start after latest update?
2015-3-1
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

Here's an idea seen this video from Mark.
http://youtu.be/rKnFmGcMMgw

Mike
2015-3-1
Use props
gmaiche
lvl.1
  • >>>
France

Same problem with the last firmware (0.17). (first flight, i don't test with the previous)
2015-3-1
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

svencool Posted at 2015-3-2 08:51
Here's an idea seen this video from Mark.
Horizon level Fix Maybe?

looks like a good fix worked i tried
2015-3-1
Use props
gmaiche
lvl.1
  • >>>
France

I tried this morning "mark" solution. That's work very well. I haven't anymore problem of horizon.
Thank Y Svencool !
2015-3-2
Use props
media100
lvl.2

Germany

Just tried several times to do a gimbal auto adjustment while hovering in the air...doesn't work for me...when doing this I get a message: "gimbal calibration failed". It was windy conditions when I tried that, maybe it didn't work because of this ? When I do gimbal calibration while the inspire is on the ground, the gimbal calibration works without error message.

Another question: When doing a gimbal calibration on the ground, is your horizon perfectly leveled after that (while still having the inspire stationary on the ground)...mine is slightly off horizon level even after auto calibration. Is there something wrong with my gimbal or is this normal ?

2015-3-6
Use props
lucaoms
lvl.3
Flight distance : 599049 ft
  • >>>
Italy

media100 Posted at 2015-3-6 21:13
Just tried several times to do a gimbal auto adjustment while hovering in the air...doesn't work for ...

hi
do not calibrate it on air
find a place with a good plane leave the inspire and try to autocalibrate gimbal ( you can't calibrate gimbal on air) , if is it not enough , tri to calibrate in manual ,and you find right orizzontal line
2015-3-6
Use props
media100
lvl.2

Germany

Auto calibration in the air worked for some users to avoid horizon drift, so I tried that too. As stated above it's not working for me (error message)....
2015-3-7
Use props
Andy C
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi all.  Yep, I'm experiencing the same regarding the horizon issue.  After updating both platform and controller with the latest Firmware (updated to the latest Android app version for my Nvidia Shield), I took the Inspire out for its first flight yesterday after carrying out IMU and compass calibrations and it flew without issue.

However, as it was bright conditions and was difficult to review from the tablet at the time, I only noticed the horizontal issue after getting back into the office.  I carried out a gimbal calibration last night and it seemed to clear the fault. It would seem that I'll need to carry out this additional calibration until DJI release another firmware update to clear this known issue.  I can cope with this in the short term but if it persists I may have to seek a replacement camera/gimbal via my distributor if a firmware update does not rectify this annoying fault.
2015-3-10
Use props
Prop-Lock Girl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2419163 ft
Germany

Same horizon level drift here. Annoying!
DJI, please fix this.
2015-3-28
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

What I hav noticed with mine running without the props indoors is that when I move my sticks as if to make a hard turn the camera anticipates the turn and moves the camera in the direction of the turn to compensate for the change of angle. I am not sure if this is what you are experiencing?
2015-3-28
Use props
iotero
lvl.2

Spain

Same issue here even after April firmware. Any fix to this?
2015-4-19
Use props
mark
lvl.2
Flight distance : 176053 ft
United Kingdom

And me, when is this going to be sorted?
2015-5-22
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

I had the same issue. I placed the Inspire on a flt wooden picnic table and calibrated the gimbal and had no issues with it during that flight. I assume that the gimbal should be calibrated on a level surface and after that it should remain calibrated for other flights? Maybe not? Must test and find out if I can start up and take off from un level ground and retain a flat horizon.
2015-5-22
Use props
Legit Drones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 894465 ft
United States

Same problem here...I just got mine a month ago and it is killing me to see my $1500 machine not be able to hold a horizon...UGH! DJI FIX THIS!!!
2018-2-5
Use props
martinfueloep
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1551401 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Legit Drones Posted at 2018-2-5 06:35
Same problem here...I just got mine a month ago and it is killing me to see my $1500 machine not be able to hold a horizon...UGH! DJI FIX THIS!!!

Just calibriate the IMU and the gimbal and it should be fixed.
2018-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules