7240 22 2017-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any experiences with the 600 in high winds? 20-25 mph? I understand the max wind resistanve value is ~18 mph...
2017-4-8
Use props
ricci2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hi,
yep I have had the opportunity to fly in 30 mph winds and it was quite stable, enough to get footage that did not need editing. Down side was the motors worked overtime to keep it on location so the batteries took a hit and only lasted 15 mins, other than that I noticed the transition from hover to flight was a bit erratic and so was the landing due to low level wind. I stood up wind and landed the craft close to me but  downwind of me and this help knock the buffering down. I was filming directly down so I made a makeshift wind shield for the X5 camera and gimbal and this seemed to help but added to the overall wind resistance but it was a diminishing returns thing…

Hope that helps.

ricci
2017-4-9
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ricci2 Posted at 2017-4-9 03:30
Hi,
yep I have had the opportunity to fly in 30 mph winds and it was quite stable, enough to get footage that did not need editing. Down side was the motors worked overtime to keep it on location so the batteries took a hit and only lasted 15 mins, other than that I noticed the transition from hover to flight was a bit erratic and so was the landing due to low level wind. I stood up wind and landed the craft close to me but  downwind of me and this help knock the buffering down. I was filming directly down so I made a makeshift wind shield for the X5 camera and gimbal and this seemed to help but added to the overall wind resistance but it was a diminishing returns thing…

Appreciate the response. I do not own an M600 but am recommending one with dual cameras (FLIR/normal) for a local police dept. which is asking me for advice.  A local DJI dealer will build it. I am a bit confused about the wind question. As a commercial operator I never fly in high winds but a public safety agency may have to.

As I understand it, the M600 max wind resistance of 18 mph  means it can hold station w/ GPS and a wind of 18 mph... is that correct?
2017-4-9
Use props
nil
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1874137 ft
Denmark

DJI is talking about a wind restriction of 8 m/s or 18mph. In GPS mode it has a build in speed restriction of 50km/h or 31mph. So if the wind is higher than 31mph you will not be able to move the M600 upwind.
2017-4-9
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

nil Posted at 2017-4-9 11:46
DJI is talking about a wind restriction of 8 m/s or 18mph. In GPS mode it has a build in speed restriction of 50km/h or 31mph. So if the wind is higher than 31mph you will not be able to move the M600 upwind.

So in GPS mode the bird will hold position in 18 mph wind, any stronger wind it will drift?
2017-4-9
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

LICENSED PILOT Posted at 2017-4-9 10:02
Appreciate the response. I do not own an M600 but am recommending one with dual cameras (FLIR/normal) for a local police dept. which is asking me for advice.  A local DJI dealer will build it. I am a bit confused about the wind question. As a commercial operator I never fly in high winds but a public safety agency may have to.

As I understand it, the M600 max wind resistance of 18 mph  means it can hold station w/ GPS and a wind of 18 mph... is that correct?

When you say M600 with dual cameras, you mean 2 separate cameras right? As the 600 isn't capable of the dual setup like the 200 has, hopefully they will fix this and make it an option although DJI said it wont happen....But they could do the X5 and X5, same gimbal and easy to swap out, we have one of ours set up like that, the other has the z30.
2017-4-10
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

shawn_ Posted at 2017-4-10 06:59
When you say M600 with dual cameras, you mean 2 separate cameras right? As the 600 isn't capable of the dual setup like the 200 has, hopefully they will fix this and make it an option although DJI said it wont happen....But they could do the X5 and X5, same gimbal and easy to swap out, we have one of ours set up like that, the other has the z30.

Dealer says he can mount two separate cameras.Same as this:
http://1uas.com/DJI-Matrice-M600-Pro-Dual-Camera
2017-4-10
Use props
nil
lvl.3
Denmark

LICENSED PILOT Posted at 2017-4-9 12:54
So in GPS mode the bird will hold position in 18 mph wind, any stronger wind it will drift?

In GPS mode it can fly 31mph through the airmass. If it is blowing 31mph the M600 will stay over same spot at full forward speed upwind or fly 62mph downwind:-)
2017-4-10
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

LICENSED PILOT Posted at 2017-4-10 07:14
Dealer says he can mount two separate cameras.Same as this:
http://1uas.com/DJI-Matrice-M600-Pro-Dual-Camera

Interesting, thanks for the link, I need to check this out, I wonder what they're using or if it is a custom build...
2017-4-10
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

nil Posted at 2017-4-10 07:20
In GPS mode it can fly 31mph through the airmass. If it is blowing 31mph the M600 will stay over same spot at full forward speed upwind or fly 62mph downwind:-)

Got it. thanks. Without stick/throttle input, it will hold position only up to 18mph...
2017-4-10
Use props
nil
lvl.3
Denmark

LICENSED PILOT Posted at 2017-4-10 08:36
Got it. thanks. Without stick/throttle input, it will hold position only up to 18mph...

I don't  know the the exact reason why DJI came up with the figure 18 mph as a restriction. I have been flying in 23mph wind and the m600 did hold position in GPS mode without stick input. Although the motors are working as if they would fly forward with 23mph. So I would imagine the craft would be able to stay put in 31mph wind speed since the build in, GPS MODE, speed restriction is around 31 mph. It is possible to fly faster than 31 mph if you fly in attitude mode in a downwind. Here the craft is restricted to a max tilt angle of  25 degrees.
2017-4-10
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

nil Posted at 2017-4-10 08:58
I don't  know the the exact reason why DJI came up with the figure 18 mph as a restriction. I have been flying in 23mph wind and the m600 did hold position in GPS mode without stick input. Although the motors are working as if they would fly forward with 23mph. So I would imagine the craft would be able to stay put in 31mph wind speed since the build in, GPS MODE, speed restriction is around 31 mph. It is possible to fly faster than 31 mph if you fly in attitude mode in a downwind. Here the craft is restricted to a max tilt angle of  25 degrees.

Thanks, good to know...
2017-4-10
Use props
ricci2
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

shawn_ Posted at 2017-4-10 07:42
Interesting, thanks for the link, I need to check this out, I wonder what they're using or if it is a custom build...

Hi Shawn,
the twin camera is with two Lb2 setups, I did look into this but the price seemed over the top when you can have a fixed thermal and rotate the craft. Different if you want two normal vision cameras though.
My thermal has a 9º lens so wide enough to capture all the data I need plus the X5 and two controllers.

ricci
2017-4-10
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ricci2 Posted at 2017-4-10 10:17
Hi Shawn,
the twin camera is with two Lb2 setups, I did look into this but the price seemed over the top when you can have a fixed thermal and rotate the craft. Different if you want two normal vision cameras though.
My thermal has a 9º lens so wide enough to capture all the data I need plus the X5 and two controllers.

The cops want both FLIR and RGB w/o having to land. We got a quote for $19, 850...
2017-4-14
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ricci2 Posted at 2017-4-9 03:30
Hi,

Roughly how tall is the bird with arms out and sitting on landing legs? I tried to get that from the specs but it is not clear...
2017-4-14
Use props
ricci2
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

LICENSED PILOT Posted at 2017-4-14 17:06
Roughly how tall is the bird with arms out and sitting on landing legs? I tried to get that from the specs but it is not clear...

Hello,
Are we talking the old M600 or the M600 Pro? they are not the same as the pro is smaller.
The new M210 if it ever gets launched has some good plus points.

ricci
2017-4-15
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ricci2 Posted at 2017-4-15 12:31
Hello,
Are we talking the old M600 or the M600 Pro? they are not the same as the pro is smaller.
The new M210 if it ever gets launched has some good plus points.

old/standard m600
2017-4-16
Use props
ricci2
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Hi,
I will measure tomorrow for you.

Ricci
2017-4-18
Use props
ricci2
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

hi,
the measurement from the ground  to the bottom of the motor on an extended arm is 580mm..

ricci
2017-4-19
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ricci2 Posted at 2017-4-19 11:29
hi,
the measurement from the ground  to the bottom of the motor on an extended arm is 580mm..

MANY THANKS....
2017-4-19
Use props
Juanitor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 493018 ft
  • >>>
Spain

LICENSED PILOT Posted at 2017-4-14 17:03
The cops want both FLIR and RGB w/o having to land. We got a quote for $19, 850...

Hi,

We have prepared several M600 with camera X3 or Z30 with Optical Zoom and a gimbal prepared by us for Thermal Camera Flir with 360 degree real rotation, both cameras simultaneously and controlled with the channel extension system of the M600, by the pilot or by the Camera operator in the second RC, in both cases you can select one or two images, RGB or Thermal. This way it is cheaper than buying another LB2, less weight and more flight time. Even a single person can control the two cameras to different views.

regards

2017-4-19
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Juanitor Posted at 2017-4-19 16:28
Hi,

We have prepared several M600 with camera X3 or Z30 with Optical Zoom and a gimbal prepared by us for Thermal Camera Flir with 360 degree real rotation, both cameras simultaneously and controlled with the channel extension system of the M600, by the pilot or by the Camera operator in the second RC, in both cases you can select one or two images, RGB or Thermal. This way it is cheaper than buying another LB2, less weight and more flight time. Even a single person can control the two cameras to different views.

Nicely done. The police department insists on a local dealer, that condition is non-negotiable.Thanks.
2017-4-19
Use props
Juanitor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 493018 ft
  • >>>
Spain

LICENSED PILOT Posted at 2017-4-19 20:15
Nicely done. The police department insists on a local dealer, that condition is non-negotiable.Thanks.

I have not tried to sell anything to you or your department, I have only been informed that can be done, in any case, eliminate the videos and image to not give misinterpretations.

regards
2017-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules