Low Battery RTH just hovered?
1000 9 2017-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flyfun10
lvl.2
Flight distance : 96217 ft
New Zealand

I am a newbie. I have tested the low battery RTH function twice today. I enabled smart RTH and was using active track until low battery RTH occured. The mavic returned to Home but just hovered about 4 feet from the ground both times. The landing feature did not work? The first time I managed to land it the second it dropped...i think from holding the left stick down. My phone screen was blacking out and not funtioning properly...and the sticks seemed unreponsive as well as the pause button and RTH button. I thought to disable the RTH and land manually. Why does the mavic not automatically land? And does low battery cause the mavic to loose RC control??

Any help appreciated..I have double read the manual and it seems to suggest the Mavic should RTH and land itself on low battery? around 16%
2017-4-8
Use props
Flyfun10
lvl.2
New Zealand

Just to add here, no damage, and TX was at around 30 % battery.
2017-4-8
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

The Mavic will automatically land unless it determines the landing point is unsuitable (if Landing Protection is active), then it hovers and awaits user command. See page 14 in the owners manual v1.4.
2017-4-8
Use props
Flyfun10
lvl.2
New Zealand

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-4-8 21:37
The Mavic will automatically land unless it determines the landing point is unsuitable (if Landing Protection is active), then it hovers and awaits user command. See page 14 in the owners manual v1.4.

Cool, thank you.. I have refreshed all my updates, restored factory settings and calibrated the sensors with the DJI Assistant on my laptop. I have realised that the bottom sensors need calibrating and cannot remember doing this when calibrating on the Assistant before my first flight. I won't be flying till next weekend and can't wait to try. The RTH landing was done successfully when manually executing RTH on the same piece of flat mown grass at the park.  I then tried the low battery RTH and this did not land itself...
2017-4-9
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Flyfun10 Posted at 2017-4-9 00:17
Cool, thank you.. I have refreshed all my updates, restored factory settings and calibrated the sensors with the DJI Assistant on my laptop. I have realised that the bottom sensors need calibrating and cannot remember doing this when calibrating on the Assistant before my first flight. I won't be flying till next weekend and can't wait to try. The RTH landing was done successfully when manually executing RTH on the same piece of flat mown grass at the park.  I then tried the low battery RTH and this did not land itself...

Huh, might be a bug, then. I'll try to remember to test that, myself, the next time I fly.
2017-4-9
Use props
Flyfun10
lvl.2
New Zealand

Ok so successful RTH with transmitter turned of. I turned the landing protection off, the aircraft landed. How ever RTH with critical battery hovered a few feet of the ground as the MP determined a flat concrete surface unsafe to land...
2017-5-7
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Flyfun10 Posted at 2017-5-7 21:41
Ok so successful RTH with transmitter turned of. I turned the landing protection off, the aircraft landed. How ever RTH with critical battery hovered a few feet of the ground as the MP determined a flat concrete surface unsafe to land...

If you had tapped on the landing icon on the screen then it should have landed.
2017-5-7
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

Flyfun10 Posted at 2017-5-7 21:41

So, during the critical battery RTH, it didn't want to land even with Landing Protection disabled?
2017-5-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

First you should set RTH low level battery at 25% and critical at 10/15% , remember when you get low battery warning if you do nothing Aircraft will RTH after 10 seconds, you can cancel this and fly it home yourself, when aircraft reaches critical battery it will just land wherever it is it will not return home, so just be careful with that one. Once you have turned off landing your aircraft should just land within 1/2 meters of where it took off, not to sure why it just dropped.
2017-5-8
Use props
Flyfun10
lvl.2
New Zealand

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-5-8 06:09
So, during the critical battery RTH, it didn't want to land even with Landing Protection disabled?

Correct, it determined the area unsafe for landing with the landing protection off! I moved the MP with the sticks a few inches and it continued to land.
2017-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules