Oh sorry, wrong link to the video, here is correct one:
2017-4-10
Use props
taus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25358 ft
Denmark

SadOwnerOfMavic Posted at 2017-4-10 14:40
Oh sorry, wrong link to the video, here is correct one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoCj4EfjkbY

Sorry to hear about that.

It seems very similar to my case. Almost scary.

Your Mavic lost connection and dropped at 05m 30s. My Mavic lost connection and dropped at 05m 57s of total flying time. In both cases, it was the first “real” flight where we had some altitude.  We both got a warning about strong wireless interference but had a very strong connection right up until the incident.

https://app.airdata.com/main?fli ... amp;page_id=SENSORS
https://app.airdata.com/main?fli ... ENERALNotifications

And you also saw it drop immediately as you lost connection.

What is your serial number? It might be a bad batch…
2017-4-10
Use props
taus
lvl.2
Denmark

This really is a strange pattern of these two crashes.

The Mavic starts out with a warning about wireless interference and has a GPS count of “only” 12 or 13.

Then it holds a consistent very strong GPS signal with between 17 and 18 satellites.

Then for no apparent reason, it switches to GPS Atti mode, loose signal to the controller, stop engine without collision and fall down.

In both cases with 5 minutes of total airtime.

In my case 40 meters in the air and in the other case over a lake with no obstacles and nothing to block GPS reception at all!

What is the deal with the Atti mode? Is that normal to go from 17-18 signals to Atti just like that?

https://app.airdata.com/main?fli ... ;page_id=SENSORSGPS
http://app.airdata.com/main?share=rxSTGo&page_id=SENSORSGPS

2017-4-10
Use props
SadOwnerOfMavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31132 ft
Poland

As soon as I get back from work I'll post my serial number. My controller after waiting 40 minutes for the drone to come back from the dead (as there was 0.01% chance that it wasn't the drone falling, but something else) and looking for it everywhere on the presumed return flight path showed this: http://imgur.com/tMwOTY6
2017-4-11
Use props
taus
lvl.2
Denmark

SadOwnerOfMavic Posted at 2017-4-10 13:50
I had exactly the same situation this Saturday. I was flying my new Mavic for the first time. After 1st flight (to check if everything works) i gone to capture the beautiful sunset at the dam (we don't have many in Poland). So i flew for 3 minutes, everything perfect and then lost connection, my heart stopped as I saw something falling into the water and a big splash after. I knew it was my Mavic. I have a video feed  from my phone's cache - editor from DJI go app. https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=NoCj4EfjkbY
Also I have a flight log http://app.airdata.com/main?share=rxSTGo here.
Unfortunately, my drone is laying somewhere deep in the lake at 60m depth, so i just lost it and spent 1200€ for 5 minutes of flight. After coming home from the weekend trip i gone to the authorized reseller in Warsaw and started a case, but they said there will have to be a miracle for me to get a new drone, so now I am a sad owner of a Mavic controller.

This one looks even more like your problem: http://forum.dji.com/thread-92101-1-1.html
2017-4-11
Use props
taus
lvl.2
Denmark

Got the shipping label today and I am sending it back...

Hoping for fast servcie :-)
2017-4-11
Use props
xordium
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79219 ft
Australia

Good luck buddy. I had exactly the same, http://forum.dji.com/thread-86402-1-1.html. But lost mine over water. Same logs etc, but could not get them to honour warranty as they claimed they"could not determine cause" from the logs. Which is a cop out in my view. Eventually settled 50:50 on a replacement.
2017-4-11
Use props
SadOwnerOfMavic
lvl.2
Poland

So if it changes anything: serial number of my Mavic is: 08qde3q01203lj
Good to now xordium, that you at least settled 50:50, as your case is nearly identical as mine.
2017-4-11
Use props
taus
lvl.2
Denmark

SadOwnerOfMavic Posted at 2017-4-11 04:19
So if it changes anything: serial number of my Mavic is: 08qde3q01203lj
Good to now xordium, that you at least settled 50:50, as your case is nearly identical as mine.

I don't think it changes anything. Did not even know if the serial numbers are in numeric order (I guess a serial number should be serial, but you never know).

Anyway...

08QDE3Q01202PQ (Mine)
08QDE3Q01203LL (Yours)

Does not say anything unfortunately since we do not know how these numbers are generated. But it seems lots of Mavics have similar problem these days.
2017-4-11
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

I'm so sorry for your lose man... Anytime on of these awesome drones fall out of the sky. I get super worried. Hopefully they will cover it.
2017-4-11
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

RTH altitude was set to 30 meters, which is lower than you were flying.  Is it possible that when the signal was lost the Mavic began RTH and droped to 30 meters (about 100 ft) and  hit a tree?
2017-4-11
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

taus Posted at 2017-4-11 04:37
I don't think it changes anything. Did not even know if the serial numbers are in numeric order (I guess a serial number should be serial, but you never know).

Anyway...

Well this is interesting... According to this online Mavic serial decoder, both your Mavics were manufactured on the exact same day: March 24, 2017

http://djiserialdecoder.x10host.com/
2017-4-11
Use props
taus
lvl.2
Denmark

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-4-11 07:19
Well this is interesting... According to this online Mavic serial decoder, both your Mavics were manufactured on the exact same day: March 24, 2017

Now it becomes interesting!!!
2017-4-11
Use props
taus
lvl.2
Denmark

Griffith Posted at 2017-4-11 07:09
RTH altitude was set to 30 meters, which is lower than you were flying.  Is it possible that when the signal was lost the Mavic began RTH and droped to 30 meters (about 100 ft) and  hit a tree?

Nice theory! However, the trees are only about 4-5 meeters high. I clearly saw the drone drop from way up and I think it would have kept the video running while dropping if it was in RTH mode.

2017-4-11
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
United States

taus Posted at 2017-4-11 07:30
Nice theory! However, the trees are only about 4-5 meeters high. I clearly saw the drone drop from way up and I think it would have kept the video running while dropping if it was in RTH mode.

Have you checked you memory card for additional video.  If the RC lost signal, it's video is lost, but the Mavic should still be recording onto  it's memory card.
2017-4-11
Use props
taus
lvl.2
Denmark

Griffith Posted at 2017-4-11 07:33
Have you checked you memory card for additional video.  If the RC lost signal, it's video is lost, but the Mavic should still be recording onto  it's memory card.

No, the video above is taken directly from the drones SD card and is the last video on the card.
2017-4-11
Use props
taus
lvl.2
Denmark

So, I finally got someone to take a look at the DAT files that I have exported prior to sending the drone back to DJI. Here is the conclusion. Also take a look at the graph attached.

The drone did NOT lose GPS reception. GPS_ATTI is the opposite of “ATTI Mode”. Apparently many people misunderstand AirData presentation of the data (including me). So probably no drifting or RTH failure.

The end of the recording doesn't show a large acceleration event indicating there was no collision.

Doesn't seem to be a loss of power because of a battery coming loose or some internal power interruption.

I am now finally convinced that this should be covered under warranty.

graph

graph
2017-4-11
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

taus Posted at 2017-4-11 08:25
So, I finally got someone to take a look at the DAT files that I have exported prior to sending the drone back to DJI. Here is the conclusion. Also take a look at the graph attached.

The drone did NOT lose GPS reception. GPS_ATTI is the opposite of “ATTI Mode”. Apparently many people misunderstand AirData presentation of the data (including me). So probably no drifting or RTH failure.

GPS_ATTI is the opposite of “ATTI Mode”.

That's correct.

Apparently many people misunderstand AirData presentation of the data (including me).

I can't find where anyone else suggested that it had gone into ATTI mode other than here -- which was your own post.
2017-4-11
Use props
taus
lvl.2
Denmark

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-11 08:29
GPS_ATTI is the opposite of “ATTI Mode”.

That's correct.

No, it was the guy who helped me read the DAT files who said that many misunderstood that in general. I am not blaming anyone for telling me that it went into ATTI Mode.

It is 100% my bad drawing that conclusion. I guess for a novice like me GPS_ATTI and ATTI mode is just so close that I assumed it was the same thing...

Sorry about that.

2017-4-11
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

taus Posted at 2017-4-11 08:46
No, it was the guy who helped me read the DAT files who said that many misunderstood that in general. I am not blaming anyone for telling me that it went into ATTI Mode.

It is 100% my bad drawing that conclusion. I guess for a novice like me GPS_ATTI and ATTI mode is just so close that I assumed it was the same thing...

I guess for a novice like me GPS_ATTI and ATTI mode is just so close that I assumed it was the same thing... Sorry about that.

No problem; I agree that it is confusing the first time you see it.
2017-4-11
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
United States

taus Posted at 2017-4-11 07:56
No, the video above is taken directly from the drones SD card and is the last video on the card.

Very interesting. No crash video.  Looking like a catastrophic power failure
2017-4-11
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
United States

Doesn't seem to be a loss of power because of a battery coming loose or some internal power interruption.

I'd say it does from what you've shown.  Haven't seen the actual DAT file.  But everything seems to have just shutdown and stopped any recording - data and video - with no deceleration recorded.  It will certainly be interesting to see what DJI concludes. Keep us informed.
2017-4-11
Use props
taus
lvl.2
Denmark

Griffith Posted at 2017-4-11 10:48

I'd say it does from what you've shown.  Haven't seen the actual DAT file.  But everything seems to have just shutdown and stopped any recording - data and video - with no deceleration recorded.  It will certainly be interesting to see what DJI concludes. Keep us informed.

I actually agree that a power failure would seem likely, but I posted the dat files on another popular Mavic related forum (not sure I am allowed to name/link to it here). And a nice guy who did analysis on the DAT files said that it did not look like other power failures he had seen where the battery itself fails or drops off. If that happens usually the DAT file has an indication of that and mine did not. Perhaps the drone itself has a tiny capacitor wit backup power enough to write to the log if the battery has a problem?

He suggested MC failure (the main board), but it could not be fried because then I would not have been able to get the DAT files.

Anyway, you are more than welcome to have a look at the dat files here:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkNV4fqh0kOrspsFRKlh6m6RvRgdLQ

And I will write back with DJI's conclusion. The drone should arrive in Nederlands on Thursday for analysis so hopefully I will know something next week.
2017-4-11
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-4-11 07:19

what are the chances!? wow . . . . interesting . . . .
2017-4-11
Use props
SadOwnerOfMavic
lvl.2
Poland

Here things get more interesting: both of us (me and taus) updated the drone firmware to the newest at the time (it was v01.03.0550). My RChas been sent to DJI Germany through my reseller so I'll update when I'll be told anything.
2017-4-11
Use props
taus
lvl.2
Denmark

SadOwnerOfMavic Posted at 2017-4-11 23:52
Here things get more interesting: both of us (me and taus) updated the drone firmware to the newest at the time (it was v01.03.0550). My RChas been sent to DJI Germany through my reseller so I'll update when I'll be told anything.

Thanks SadOwnerOfMavic. I will see if I can find my firmware version. I don't have the drone with me anymore but I might be able to see it from the log files.

By the way... you actually managed to fly about 100 meters longer than me :-)
2017-4-12
Use props
taus
lvl.2
Denmark

How do you know what firmware your drone had at the crash time? I know I updated to the latest version after unpacking the drone on Friday the 7th, but I actually don't know what version that was...

And the bird is on its way to DJI with UPS. Can't really find it in the backup of the DAT files.

How did you know since yours is at the bottom of a lake?
2017-4-12
Use props
SadOwnerOfMavic
lvl.2
Poland

I know the firmware since I took a screenshot of the update when it popped out
Also, here on the forum you have firmware updates with dates of release.
2017-4-12
Use props
taus
lvl.2
Denmark

Then it was probably the one released on the 5th. That will be v01.03.0550.

Oh... same as yours

What coincidence...  :-)

2017-4-12
Use props
taus
lvl.2
Denmark

Today the Drone arrived at the DJI offices in Nederland.

I wrote them with some details and the replied that I should send it in for repair... so seems like they did not really take time to read the email but just replied based on the subject of the email. I am sure they are well-meaning people but might be a bit understaffed at times. So I really hope they will look into the situation instead of just assuming user error because it resulted in a crash.

And it will be interesting to see how long it will take.

2017-4-13
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95640 ft
Belgium

Same happened to me.
I broke nothing but propellers.
I'm sure it wasn't the battery that got disconnected because the Mavic was still on when I found it on the ground (red lights at the front, but no signal at all)
I already sent all the info to DJI and I'm waiting for their review of my flight logs
2017-4-13
Use props
taus
lvl.2
Denmark

Samoth Posted at 2017-4-13 04:18
Same happened to me.
I broke nothing but propellers.
I'm sure it wasn't the battery that got disconnected because the Mavic was still on when I found it on the ground (red lights at the front, but no signal at all)

Do you mind writing you serial number? I would like to look up the production date.

And what firmware were you on?

Thanks.
2017-4-13
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95640 ft
Belgium

taus Posted at 2017-4-13 04:20
Do you mind writing you serial number? I would like to look up the production date.

And what firmware were you on?

I believe it was a firmware problem, since it never happened again.
I don't remember which firmware I was on, but it was the last firmware available on February the 19th (date of the crash)
2017-4-14
Use props
taus
lvl.2
Denmark

Samoth Posted at 2017-4-14 01:05
I believe it was a firmware problem, since it never happened again.
I don't remember which firmware I was on, but it was the last firmware available on February the 19th (date of the crash)

ok, it was much older than mine then. So probably not the same production batch.
2017-4-17
Use props
taus
lvl.2
Denmark

So, today is third working day since my Mavic was received by DJI Nederlands. So according to the workflow stating 1-3 working days for unpacking, I should get an update today at the latest.

I wonder how long the damage assessment will take.
2017-4-18
Use props
fishelectronics
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6864 ft
Finland

Did I missed your firmware version?
2017-4-19
Use props
taus
lvl.2
Denmark

fishelectronics Posted at 2017-4-19 03:45
Did I missed your firmware version?

v01.03.0550

Newest at the time.

The app prompted me to update before first flight so obviously I did it.
2017-4-19
Use props
RedTailHawk36
lvl.2
Flight distance : 978553 ft
United States

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-4-9 07:33
There could be another theory . You were making a lot of stick movements so did you perhaps do the emergency motor shut down stick command ?

Exactly what I was thinking. Where is the flight log video with controller inputs?
2017-4-19
Use props
koliaest.mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294180 ft
United Kingdom

taus Posted at 2017-4-18 21:43
So, today is third working day since my Mavic was received by DJI Nederlands. So according to the workflow stating 1-3 working days for unpacking, I should get an update today at the latest.

I wonder how long the damage assessment will take.

Same for me...still waiting for any status change - the case still says it's "To be received"...
2017-4-19
Use props
taus
lvl.2
Denmark

RedTailHawk36 Posted at 2017-4-19 07:02
Exactly what I was thinking. Where is the flight log video with controller inputs?

I already wrote that I did not do the shutdown. It would be in the log files (overlaying them one the video is just eye sugar). Log files are provided above.

Besides... the drone would have recorded the fall because it only shuts down the engines... not the drone.
2017-4-19
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules