120575 85 2017-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Im curious as to whether or not the Osmo can be used as a webcam, maybe streaming to computer via wi fi like it feeds the DJIGo app?
2017-4-9
Use props
michelrivet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43307 ft
Canada

nope impossible
2017-4-16
Use props
Serb
lvl.2

Canada

Can Osmo Pocket be used as a webcam, somehow? Would Windows recognize it as an external camera if connected via cable or wirelessly/via bluetooth?
2018-12-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Serb Posted at 12-9 10:37
Can Osmo Pocket be used as a webcam, somehow? Would Windows recognize it as an external camera if connected via cable or wirelessly/via bluetooth?

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You mean, you will connect the Osmo pocket to your computer to serves as your webcam? Please let us know for further clarification.
2018-12-9
Use props
richard.
lvl.1

Australia

I'm also wondering this, Whether it can connect to windows via USB-C as a webcam or even USB-C to HDMI output to be used by HDMI capture cards.
2018-12-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

richard. Posted at 12-9 18:07
I'm also wondering this, Whether it can connect to windows via USB-C as a webcam or even USB-C to HDMI output to be used by HDMI capture cards.

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're currently checking this query to our team to see if this would be possible. We'll let you know once we've received feedback from our team. Your patience is highly appreciated. Thank you for continued support.
2018-12-10
Use props
skullgrope
lvl.1

Canada

I'd be interested to know this as well, I have been looking at getting a camera for this purpose so it would be a + towards picking up an osmo.
2018-12-15
Use props
Peter Powers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 113773 ft
Germany

having the osmo pocket act as a facetracking webcam would be most amazing..
2019-1-15
Use props
mcphersj
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I agree. This would be super sweet.
2019-1-15
Use props
gamemecom
New
Russia

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-12-10 16:40
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're currently checking this query to our team to see if this would be possible. We'll let you know once we've received feedback from our team. Your patience is highly appreciated. Thank you for continued support.

Hello! Any news on this topic? thank
2019-1-16
Use props
OmeSlikkum
lvl.2
Netherlands

Idd great idea. Or the ability to stream live to FB/Instagram/Youtube via de MiMo app would be awesome
2019-1-18
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

OmeSlikkum Posted at 1-18 02:21
Idd great idea. Or the ability to stream live to FB/Instagram/Youtube via de MiMo app would be awesome

you mean it doesn't live stream currently?
2019-1-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

gamemecom Posted at 1-16 12:41
Hello! Any news on this topic? thank

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Sorry that this option is not possible with our Osmo Pocket. We do appreciate your understanding.
2019-1-20
Use props
OmeSlikkum
lvl.2
Netherlands

mixchief Posted at 1-18 09:52
you mean it doesn't live stream currently?

No, you can't. But I think it would be very useful in cases to stream directly to those platforms. Under the condition that your phone is attached of course.
2019-1-21
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

OmeSlikkum Posted at 1-21 05:14
No, you can't. But I think it would be very useful in cases to stream directly to those platforms. Under the condition that your phone is attached of course.

I agree, I did quite a few live broadcasts on facebook with my Osmo Pro a year back, it's a great way to do it.
2019-1-21
Use props
themichaelu
New
United States

I also agree, putting this on a small tripod next to a laptop and being able to active track during a live stream/facetime/skype etc would add a HUGE added feature to this camera, one I also vote for.
2019-2-15
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
United States

+1 for this feature. This should be possible at least with the wireless module... also live streaming is a real miss...
2019-3-22
Use props
mcphersj
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Any update. This is an important feature that is missing from the other OSMO devices. Had I know, I would not have purchased the Pocket until it had this feature.
2019-4-1
Use props
mcphersj
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Any update? This is an important feature that is missing that the other OSMO devices had. If I had known, I would not have purchased the Pocket until it had this feature.
2019-4-1
Use props
BepiFlorio
lvl.1
Italy

I also bought Osmo Pocket thinking it was streaming on social media from DJI MiMo, it's a great product but this is a great lack.

I hope you can add with the next firmware updates, CIAO.
2019-4-8
Use props
hobie14t
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Hi, I have had the Osmo Pocket for a few months now, great camera. but I would love to see this feature in the OSMO Pocket, USB connection to Windows 10 where Windows can use the OSMO Pocket as a webcam. I would imagine this is a matter of a firmware update. Surely the hardware in the OSMO Pocket isnt too drastically different to a standard webcam?

In addition to webcam functionality, the lack of live video streaming from DJI Mimo APP is very disappointing. I also own a DJI Mavic Air, which does do live video streaming through the DJI Go 4 APP, I mean to say, come on DJI, this is absolutely a great feature in the drones, why not put it into the OSMO Pocket? Very surprising, as I would argue that the OSMO Pocket is far more likely to be used in a live streaming capacity over a drone.
2019-8-17
Use props
spiderguard
New

Netherlands

Any news on this feature? I would love to use the osmo as webcam or streaming cam. The hardware is fine, it's the firmware/software that's missing the functionality.
2019-10-17
Use props
HiEnergy
New
Germany

spiderguard Posted at 2019-10-17 06:19
Any news on this feature? I would love to use the osmo as webcam or streaming cam. The hardware is fine, it's the firmware/software that's missing the functionality.

I'd also love to see this feature added
2020-1-20
Use props
sheppyDJI
New

Germany

I am going to write an article on this in my blog... This is ridiculous. DJI streaming available on drones but not on vlogging cam oh my...
2020-1-30
Use props
covellej4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32277 ft
United States

I agree, this Osmo pocket should be able to be used as a webcam on a PC or MAcBook.  Would like to live stream using this camera
2020-2-3
Use props
NoSpHieL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2094314 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Found a video on youtube named:
"Webcam Streaming with DJI Osmo Pocket, Cosmostreamer, and Grip Gear Slider" by Geekazine

talking about a program called: Cosmostreamer
Didn't try yet
2020-2-6
Use props
DallasHenry
New

United States

Seriously, they need to get going on this request. This camera has been a huge disappointment to me in its limitations.
2020-4-9
Use props
Bruno_Almeida
lvl.1

Portugal

Webcam will be great since most persons are closed at home right now!

2020-4-13
Use props
adamhusa
New

Egypt

Would love to have this feature!
Thought it would already have this...
2020-4-14
Use props
Fluffyshotme
New
United States

I would be grateful if I could use my Osmo as a webcam as well. Staying tuned to this thread.
2020-4-14
Use props
SpinRush_C1
lvl.1
Japan

I'm wondering if the DJI Action or DJI OSMO can be connected to my PC and used as a webcam?  Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, I am now forced to teach online.  I have all this camera equipment, stands, and accessories.  I would like to build a small studio and with a green screen background so I can continue to teach my students online.  Now more than ever this feature is very important to me.  

I need to use my DJI Action with the software called ZOOM.  I want my PC to recognize the DJI Action ( good aperture ) so my students can see more than just a head.
2020-4-16
Use props
RichInGa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 449344 ft
United States

Two other companies are making Osmo Pocket clones -- and they're not bad cameras.  If DJI answers this by coming out with an Osmo Pocket 2 that live streams I am not going to buy it.  Cosmostreamer proved that it's possible to stream with the Pocket.  Cosmostreamer -- who wants to pay $150 for the privilege to stream?  Flipping rip off that is.  I'd rather sell the damn Osmo, buy a cheap action cam and a gimbal and save some $$$.
2020-4-20
Use props
Franos1968
New

Germany

I would be grateful if I could use my Osmo Pocket as a webcam as well.
2020-4-27
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

If DJI makes Osmo Pocket work as a webcam DJI would sell out all Osmo Pocket units since we have all webcams out of stock in my country..
2020-4-28
Use props
Ou7rigg3r999
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Please add me to the list for this feature. I too am having a hard time finding stand alone webcams for purchase, most places are out or they're outrageously expensive. If we have the Wifi module, does that make a difference? Thanks...
2020-4-28
Use props
tester21
lvl.2
Poland

Osmo pocket as webcam would be great.
2020-4-29
Use props
ravenredbeard82
New

United States

The only thing stopping me from buying the Osmo Action cam is that I do not see any support for this feature.  I already own a capture card, and I can run a Hero 7 as a webcam by simply connecting a micro hdmi (go pro side) to HDMI (computer side) cable into the capture card (or say an El Gato 4k Camlink type device). You can run it in live recording mode, while the usb cable for charging is plugged into any power source. This then creates a camera source on your computer and usable in any application on your desktop.

especially during this COVID issue, and all webcams are sold out, or ridiculously marked up, there are potential sales lost because the action cam won't do passthrough!

I really like this device, but if I can find a Hero 7 that currently functions as both, I'm afraid I'm going to have to go that way.
2020-5-2
Use props
PetrusRex
lvl.1
Sweden

YES! Sign me up for the feature!
2020-5-3
Use props
Arianguy
New
United Arab Emirates

This is supposed to be a Vlogger camera and still it doesn't have basic live Streaming on it yet . So Disgusting and am regretting buying this in the first place .

Even while walking the vertical stabilization is not so good in this compared to the Hero 7 or Osmo Action which are so small compared and can be mounted on anything.
2020-5-4
Use props
rainforest
lvl.1
United States

+1 from me as well.  This would be a great feature for the Osmo Pocket.  A simple firmware upgrade should do it.
2020-5-4
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules