Phantom 2 with Light Bridge, drop from the sky.
1051 6 2015-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jorgenlindskog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1167513 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi, Im a happy (long) time user of dji product, starting with the first phantom.
Have felt very safe with the performance of the different models as long as you follow the safety procedure before take off.  

Have been flying my Phantom 2 + light bridge for almost 9 month now. No bigger problem, just a fantastic machine

Was flying over a park some days ago, battery at 40% 8 satellite connections, green light before take off.
At 30m hight it just drop. Engines still was working but no lift power. It hit a tree and down it went. Gopro and gimbal broke but it seems that phantom 2 still works but with some cracks on the body.  

What is the Dji policy on this kind of malfunction.  
My dealer say it is no use to send it in because Dji will not replace it.  

Kind Regards  
Jorgen

2015-3-1
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Do you have any video evidence to support your claim ?
Without it DJI are unlikely to do anything apart from offer a discount on another Phantom.
Your dealer (where you purchased it from ?) is your first contact, but if they refuse to help you then you are going to have a hard time convincing DJI that it was not pilot error.
2015-3-1
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

Battery at 40%  + Gimbal + Lightbridge + GoPro = Recipe for disaster...
2015-3-1
Use props
jorgenlindskog
lvl.2
  • >>>
Sweden

I have footage but I have a problem open it with any player.
2015-3-1
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

After 9 months of use I'd say all bets are off - highly doubtful that any quad maker would guarantee their machines against failure after a couple months.

It sounds - as many do - like a battery or power problem, but it could be other things. Do you have a maintenance schedule for your P2 where you regularly take it apart and inspect it? How old was the battery?

I wouldn't call it "pilot error", but it certainly could be that the machine needed some sort of cleaning or that the battery capacity or contacts were a problem.
2015-3-1
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Sorry for your loss...
A possible cause could be the read battery capacity is not accurate. Sounds like a battery problem.
What is the format of your video?
You could sent the file to them, maybe they could fix it.
2015-3-1
Use props
jorgenlindskog
lvl.2
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-3-2 11:08
Sorry for your loss...
A possible cause could be the read battery capacity is not accurate. Sounds l ...

Thank you
2015-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules