Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How disable CSC maneuver that shuts the prop motors off in flight?
19267 24 2017-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Projectile
lvl.1
Flight distance : 288363 ft
United States

Hi everyone:

New to all this.
I was shocked to know that I can perform CSC maneuver that shuts the prop motors off in flight?
I mean holding the sticks down and in will stop the prop. motors in flight.

Is there any way to get rid of that function in the dji app?
I am scare that I might do it by accident.

Thanks
Projectile
2017-4-9
Use props
LostMyMavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84957 ft
United States

i tried to turn this off as well but it seems you cannot at least from my experience. just going to have to be weary of it and im pretty sure youd have to do it pretty quickly for it to actually initiate
2017-4-9
Use props
Projectile
lvl.1
United States

LostMyMavic Posted at 2017-4-9 11:39
i tried to turn this off as well but it seems you cannot at least from my experience. just going to have to be weary of it and im pretty sure youd have to do it pretty quickly for it to actually initiate

Maybe Dji can build that option in future updates.
2017-4-9
Use props
LostMyMavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84957 ft
United States

that and a list of 100 other things lol
2017-4-9
Use props
Route77
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499 ft
United Kingdom

I thought I saw a vid of Ed Ricker on Youtube explain in one of his vids about not having the option to 'Always' and only in Breakdown, but I do not see this option in DJI Go 4 App on mine.

Ed explains it 3 minutes in on this video.

2017-4-9
Use props
Projectile
lvl.1
United States

Route77 Posted at 2017-4-9 11:59
I thought I saw a vid of Ed Ricker on Youtube explain in one of his vids about not having the option to 'Always' and only in Breakdown, but I do not see this option in DJI Go 4 App on mine.

Ed explains it 3 minutes in on this video.

Thanks
The new version does not have breakdown.
I guess anyone could send that signal and cause the drone to fall out of the sky.
2017-4-9
Use props
Daroga
Captain
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

In the GO4 App with the aircraft connected, open the Main Controller Settings and then near the bottom, select Advanced Settings... Again near the bottom is the STOP MOTORS METHOD. You can either select CMC Maneuver, which will allow you to stop motors with a CSC (even in mid-flight), or you may select For use in emergencies only, where the main controller in the aircraft will stop the motors only when it determines an emergency situation exists and the manual CSC will no longer work when in mid-flight (See page 54 of the user guide):
Page_54.png
Stop_Motors.png

You can double check this within the simulator. Select CSC Manuever, take-off, climb to altitude, and perform CSC -> the simulated Mavic plummets to the ground.
Restart and reset the STOP MOTOR METHOD to For use in emergencies only, and perform the same takoff, climb to altitude and perform CSC -> Aircraft spins while decending but the motors don't stop.......
2017-4-9
Use props
Projectile
lvl.1
United States

Daroga Posted at 2017-4-9 12:29
In the GO4 App with the aircraft connected, open the Main Controller Settings and then near the bottom, select Advanced Settings... Again near the bottom is the STOP MOTORS METHOD. You can either select CMC Maneuver, which will allow you to stop motors with a CSC (even in mid-flight), or you may select For use in emergencies only, where the main controller in the aircraft will stop the motors only when it determines an emergency situation exists and the manual CSC will no longer work when in mid-flight (See page 54 of the user guide):
[view_image]
[view_image]

Thanks

I understand the choices now.  I need to set the option to "for use in emergencies only" in BLUE.

I would love to test it in the simulator mode but not sure how to do that.
2017-4-9
Use props
Daroga
Captain
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Projectile Posted at 2017-4-9 12:50
Thanks

I understand the choices now.  I need to set the option to "for use in emergencies only" in BLUE.

Configure your kit as if you were going to fly. You may want to remove the props, but that's not necessary. Start the RC, and launch the GO4 App. Make sure the gimbal protector is removed from the aircraft so that air can circulate. Power on the aircraft. In the opening equipment page of the GO4 App, in the upper right corner is an icon with three dashes. Tap it to reveal the menu. Select Academy:
Equipment_Mavic.png

Then simply select Simulator......

Academy_Menu.png
2017-4-9
Use props
Projectile
lvl.1
United States

Daroga Posted at 2017-4-9 13:13
Configure your kit as if you were going to fly. You may want to remove the props, but that's not necessary. Start the RC, and launch the GO4 App. Make sure the gimbal protector is removed from the aircraft so that air can circulate. Power on the aircraft. In the opening equipment page of the GO4 App, in the upper right corner is an icon with three dashes. Tap it to reveal the menu. Select Academy:
[view_image]

you are the greatest

Thanks
2017-4-9
Use props
Projectile
lvl.1
United States

Projectile Posted at 2017-4-9 14:00
you are the greatest

Thanks

I just tried it on the simulator and you are correct.
when set to only in case of emergency the drone spiral down when I moved the
sticks down and in.

Thanks again now I can fly without fear of pushing the sticks to turn my motors off.
2017-4-9
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Projectile Posted at 2017-4-9 12:50
Thanks

You realize that the drone will make the decision about what is an emergency and what is not?  The ability exists so that you can shut it down to possibly keep from causing physical damage to property or humans.  You WANT that ability.
2017-4-9
Use props
Projectile
lvl.1
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-4-9 17:04
You realize that the drone will make the decision about what is an emergency and what is not?  The ability exists so that you can shut it down to possibly keep from causing physical damage to property or humans.  You WANT that ability.

I prefer to make the decision..  
I really do not want to accidentally pull my sticks down and in and lose my $1,00 bird.

It seems as if in both settings I have to give the command in order for  anything to happen.
I wonder if The drone is high enough will  I be able  remotely restart the motors and resume flight?
2017-4-10
Use props
Jason Lane
Second Officer
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

Projectile Posted at 2017-4-10 09:42
I really do not want to accidentally pull my sticks down and in and lose my $1,00 bird.

Looks like you want at least 200ft to be able to pull it off:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-91870-1-2.html
2017-4-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would not attempt that.
Even if you can do it in the simulator from a few hundred feet, no reason to risk your $1,000 investment.
2017-4-10
Use props
thehippoz
Captain
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Do it! It should have a name. Maybe the swedish meatball maneuver.
2017-4-10
Use props
Thudd
First Officer
Flight distance : 1624787 ft
United States

No way would I try that.  
2017-4-10
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
United States

I wonder if The drone is high enough will  I be able  remotely restart the motors and resume flight?

I would never bet on it working, but I just watched a video two days ago of a guy doing just that with a Mavic from a little altitude (looked like only a couple hundred feet).  He went nuts when it worked, because he was really nervous about trying it the first time.  Note, if it happens to flip (luck), so it is upside down, all bets are off as far as recovery goes.
2017-4-11
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
United States

Oops, looks like someone posted it.
2017-4-11
Use props
robertobr
lvl.1
Brazil

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-4-9 17:04

I agree. We WANT that.

And it can get better if that exists, it's turned on and not be a CSC, but a sequence of commands like down, up, down, up or something, just like a game code. Something simple but that you wouldn't do just by using both sticks in a circular maneuver.
2017-12-10
Use props
AlejandroCalori
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18530 ft

Argentina

I was just thinking that since i got my mavic. I mean, what if i need to move the drone down, while turning, and i just move the right stick to compensate for the wind? Im really scared to do that, now when i need to do those movements i just do it 1 stick at the time.

Also i thought about that CSC shutdown and reset while in mid air, looks like it works... still... >.>
2017-12-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Accidental CSC is the most common cause of drone crashes - the new emergency only option is a great addition to the app. I'd only keep CSC on when flying indoors.
2017-12-10
Use props
Trent Jackson
lvl.1

Taiwan

I just accidentally pressed the CSC mid flight from about 30 feet and my drone hit pavement. Luckily I had DJI care, but still it’s extra time and money wasted. If I knew there was a way to disable it I would have.
2019-8-11
Use props
Flycaster
Captain

Daroga Posted at 2017-4-9 13:13
Configure your kit as if you were going to fly. You may want to remove the props, but that's not necessary. Start the RC, and launch the GO4 App. Make sure the gimbal protector is removed from the aircraft so that air can circulate. Power on the aircraft. In the opening equipment page of the GO4 App, in the upper right corner is an icon with three dashes. Tap it to reveal the menu. Select Academy:
[view_image]

Best practice is to remove the props anytime you power the bird up indoors. You don't want to be surprised if the props spool up inadvertantly.
2019-9-5
Use props
djiuser_0BILjAtfIKEu
lvl.1

United States

Daroga Posted at 2017-4-9 12:29
[view_image]
[view_image]
[Image]

Thank you very much for this info!
2020-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules