Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P34K corrupt video both MP4 and MOV
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans15f7c9d5
lvl.1
Netherlands

Pilots,

I have an issue with my P34K: the first video I take is always OK, either MOV or MP4. Then the videos (shot in 4K) after that in the same flight are erratic. Some are OK, others are corrupted, usually after a number of seconds. The image goes completely wild, best described as multi-coloured snow, but also completely green or grey with "snowy" jitter in the top half. The weird thing is that when I click somewhere in the video, I sometimes get a totally normal looking image. The SD is a SanDisk Ultra 16G HC1.

Anyone that has the same issue and found a solution?

Thanks!

Mich.

2017-4-9
Use props
Tukcedo
lvl.1
Netherlands

Guys, for those looking for a solution to the same issue: the issues ARE related and the problem is the SD card. I tried a Sandisk Extreme Plus and that works just fine. The end/start recording now responds as expected and the videos aren't corrupted anymore.

And a tip for rescuing those corrupted vids: using Avidemux I was able to remove the bad frames and save the video as new. 98% of the video as good as new!
2017-4-15
Use props
Daveb500
lvl.4
Flight distance : 191742 ft
United Kingdom

Yes it is an SD card problem. I had similar problems I bought some 32gb class 10 sd cards from Ebay they were supposed to be Kingston, total failure. They only work in a phone. I tried them in a number of action cameras, and slr cameras, they all report back speed issues. 1st clip works, after that every other one fails.
Changed to Scandisk Class 10 and they work everytime.
2017-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules