Successful prores/cdng license transfer to new I2 air frame (Insi...
1035 3 2017-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Conrad Jay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484806 ft
Canada

Hi, I have successfully transferred the license from my first Inspire 2 to my second back up air frame... It was a painful process but successful. Hope this can be usful to other in same situation or may want to know how in worst case senerio.

What I learned:

1) make sure firmware is the latest version (ALWAYS) this can slow down the process or make it not possible to complete remotely....

2) X5S camera has to be attached in order for the transfer to work

3) *IF your drone is broken... and you have a back up machine to transfer license to - It needs to be able to turn on. Things such as water damage and/or the machine CANNOT turn on has to be sent in to DJI. LOST machine will not work unfortunately...

4) At this current point in time (2017), one 1 person in the company actually knows how to do this and he will be on call with you to make the transfer. (it can take time to get a hold of him)
FIRST: he will get you to plug in your device after verifying you *CINECORE on the bird that has the licenses.
SECOND: you turn on the drone and plug into Assistant 2 and it will have an activate butt that will wipe the license from the drone (an auth code is provided and needed to perform this. you will be live on the call so this is easy). once wiped it will say successful.
THIRD: Power off the I2 and put the X5S camera onto the new/other air frame. Power on and plug into DJI assistant 2. Go to license tab. It will say active license keys, click activate, enter the SAME auth code. Once it says successful you are ready to go!

Restart your drone and get back to your awesome drone work!

This was a lot of back and forth because nobody in the company had really done it before... plus only one person knew how (At this point in time).

Suggestion... Submit that you want to transfer license. Two... call in and wait on hold to have your ticket moved along quickly because "you need it for a project"... Call again if you don't hear back with in 48 hours... and it should move you up in the Q.

Because everyone kept saying it was not possible unless you send in both units, which i would have to pay for and be without my drones for up to 2 months...  (NOT HAPPENING) I had to push... It took me 3 weeks from submission to complete the transfer... However if you are bumped up in the Q sooner and as they become more efficient in doing this task... It only takes about 30min total to complete the process.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for you guys if you end up in that position. Cheers!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inspire 2 commercial project BTS video:

2017-4-9
Use props
thatoneguy16
lvl.1
United States

been trying to get a license transferred from an RMA'd drone fro the last 2 months. Do you have any extension or phone number of the person that can actually do this?
2017-4-10
Use props
Conrad Jay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484806 ft
Canada

thatoneguy16 Posted at 2017-4-10 16:50
been trying to get a license transferred from an RMA'd drone fro the last 2 months. Do you have any extension or phone number of the person that can actually do this?

I dont ave the lone from the guy that helped me do this because he called with a private number...
I just called the main line and got one of those people that doesn't know much of anything... You need to talk to a manager of some sort... they can then move you up in the q... or make sure they will call you. Make sure that your firm on you submission ticket being open for 2 months... that alone sure help you talk to the right person.

If I remember correctly it the head of repairs in California at DJI that knows how to do this process from start to finish.
2017-4-14
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394291 ft
  • >>>
United States

Conrad Jay Posted at 2017-4-14 10:33
I dont ave the lone from the guy that helped me do this because he called with a private number...
I just called the main line and got one of those people that doesn't know much of anything... You need to talk to a manager of some sort... they can then move you up in the q... or make sure they will call you. Make sure that your firm on you submission ticket being open for 2 months... that alone sure help you talk to the right person.

Conrad Jay,

I had this same issue and it took many phone calls and  emails,  Yes you are right and only a very select few are able to update the Licence.  Its seems once the drone is replaced and  to be returned without the license installed and noted on this forum with others having the same issue.  

DJI Assistance 2 -- if you don't see the correct Cinecore SN:  it won't work.
2017-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules