Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I2 X5S: Has anyone used the Olympus M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 Lens on th...
2365 4 2017-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Conrad Jay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484806 ft
Canada

I would LOVE to use this 75mm (150mm full frame equivalent). Not sure if it will work with the app?

I have seen other people buy lenses that are not on the supported list and they work with minor problems like no auto focus... only manual but other wise perfect working lens.

Anybody made the jump to test this lens.... If not I may have to myself.... Could imagine its a super deadly lens if used with slow and simple shots to retant stable / useable shots.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/p ... _f_1_8_M_Zuiko.html

Any feed back would be helpful.

Conrad
2017-4-9
Use props
Barry Goyette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

It weighs more than twice the 45mm, and looks a fair bit longer. Sounds to me like trouble from both a balance and clearance perspective. If you try it let us know!
2017-4-9
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

The excess weight you can work with by adding counter weight (if you want to put that stress on your gimbal) but the area I am 99% sure you will have an issue with is the size of the lens barrel that widens after the lens mount. I know on the X5 / X5R you can remove some trim next to the lens to get some additional lens room, but... not sure how it is on the X5s.

Take a look at this video, has most of the info you are going to need:
2017-4-9
Use props
ge0se
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3184721 ft
United States

Gybo102 Posted at 2017-4-9 17:45
The excess weight you can work with by adding counter weight (if you want to put that stress on your gimbal) but the area I am 99% sure you will have an issue with is the size of the lens barrel that widens after the lens mount. I know on the X5 / X5R you can remove some trim next to the lens to get some additional lens room, but... not sure how it is on the X5s.

Take a look at this video, has most of the info you are going to need: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Poe-4FxXtYc

Highly doubt footage will be any useful as the gimbal was never intended (or should I say barely able) to stabilize such long lenses. I've filmed with 45mm lens on OSMO and had to do some heavy stabilization and resharpening in post in order to make it work, even then not all the footage was workable, though whatever could be worked on looks quite impressive, see example here:

In short footage done with 45mm lenses wasn't exactly stabilized, meaning micro gimbal movements are always visible, no matter what I've tried so far. If a 75mm is used this will only be magnified. All the tests I've done were using X5R camera, but I never heard the new DJI cameras to have significant, if any gimbal stabilization improvements, only heard rumors it's slightly better. That being said I'm still curisous to see what people are able to achieve with this lens, if I ever get a chance to do it I'd jump on it
2017-4-9
Use props
ROTOROPTIC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 598031 ft
Canada

I wouldn't use past 45mm.
2017-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules