What are the SRT files?
6954 22 2015-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jorgehlopezc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4957293 ft
Colombia

Someone knows how the SRT files that are generated in each video are used?
2015-3-1
Use props
geox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 732339 ft
Greece

Subtitles showing the telemetry of the flight. Open the video file in VLC and you will understand
2015-3-1
Use props
bornish
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

Great question!
I was searching for these files on my SD card and no such files are created for any of my videos.
Then, I remembered that there is an option in General Settings page of the DJI application called Video Caption. Do we have to turn on this option in order to obtain SRT files generated for our videos?
2015-3-1
Use props
alexmarnas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 606237 ft
France

No they are automatically generated, If you want them to be displayed on the video, the SRT file needs to be in the same folder with the same name  than the video file. Or you need to add it manually inside your video player.
2015-3-1
Use props
Jorgehlopezc
lvl.3
Colombia

geox Posted at 2015-3-1 22:45
Subtitles showing the telemetry of the flight. Open the video file in VLC and you will understand

Excuse me What is VLC?
2015-3-1
Use props
Markc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1637933 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The art files play the telemetry if you play back the video using the free video player called VLC.  Do a Google search for the download links.  It's a great free player
2015-3-1
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is great info guys, thanks. Very interesting. It seems that DJI has really put a ton of data for us in the software.
2015-3-1
Use props
Jorgehlopezc
lvl.3
Colombia

rodger Posted at 2015-3-2 05:43
This is great info guys, thanks. Very interesting. It seems that DJI has really put a ton of data fo ...

Thanks for the important information...
2015-3-1
Use props
Jorgehlopezc
lvl.3
Colombia

geox Posted at 2015-3-1 22:45

Thanks for your important information. VLC is a very good player...
2015-3-1
Use props
bornish
lvl.3
United Arab Emirates

VLC = VideoLAN Player
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
I recommend KMPLayer for viewing 4K 24P videos on not so powerful computers, as VLC was not able to play on my ultrabook while KMPlayer was able:
http://www.kmplayer.com/
2015-3-1
Use props
bornish
lvl.3
United Arab Emirates

There're no *.srt files saved anywhere on my SD card while recording videos.
Anyone knows why? (No, I did not have a chance yet to change the Video Caption setting in the DJI Pilot application and I recall it was Off in my previous flights.)
Thanks,
Bogdan
2015-3-1
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

same here no srt files anywhere ....how do i get them? generate them? seems like useful info in them..
2015-3-2
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Great information!
2015-3-2
Use props
blackbox
lvl.3

Switzerland

Maybe it's a feature only available with the new firmware? I don't have SRT files on my card either...
2015-3-2
Use props
bornish
lvl.3
United Arab Emirates

blackbox Posted at 2015-3-2 20:17
Maybe it's a feature only available with the new firmware? I don't have SRT files on my card either. ...

I have flown yesterday with the latest firmware and latest Android application and no SRT files were generated. I have taken 4K 24P videos and pictures.
If anyone can shed some light would be greatly appreciated.
2015-3-2
Use props
blackbox
lvl.3

Switzerland

bornish@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-2 21:39
I have flown yesterday with the latest firmware and latest Android application and no SRT files we ...

Maybe the video caption settings (see attached pic) makes it happen...
2015-3-2
Use props
blackbox
lvl.3

Switzerland

Here is the screenshot
IMG_2040.PNG
2015-3-2
Use props
Orbis Terrae
New

France

Phantom Overlay is an app that easily allow you to overlay GPS data on top of you video (examples)

It generates GPX files that you can use with Garmin Virb Edit to add nicely designed overlays.
Or generate FCPXML files for simple import into final cut pro, to display GPS info as text on your video.
And you may check the KML files in Google Earth.

Enjoy !
2016-3-25
Use props
harb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99986539 ft
Australia

As Mentioned its a Video player.....but an exceptional one......I don't think I have ever found a video it won't play........and its free !
2016-3-25
Use props
keithh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22395 ft
United States

Yes, Video Caption generates the SRT files. If it's off in settings, you will not get a SRT file.

2016-3-26
Use props
David07
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22671 ft
United States

I have the video caption on my Phantom 4 Pro enabled, but it is not generating the .SRT files.  I searched the sd card but I could not find any SRT files.  Any ideas what I might need to do?
2018-4-4
Use props
BR-Guy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22671 ft
United States

David07 Posted at 2018-4-4 07:21
I have the video caption on my Phantom 4 Pro enabled, but it is not generating the .SRT files.  I searched the sd card but I could not find any SRT files.  Any ideas what I might need to do?

I found that the Phantom 4 Pro does not generate .SRT files.  Instead that model embeds the data from the SRT file into the video file.  That makes sense, but I cannot use the video with ESRI's Full motion video extension until ESRI modifies the extension to handle the new MOV or MP4 files with the embedded GPS data.  
2018-5-30
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Why drag a thread back from the dead - with it's last reply over a year old when you aren't even referring to an Inspire?

Mods- we really need to archive old threads and make them read only. This is ridiculous
2018-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules