Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Frame Grab from Inspire Video
2720 15 2015-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
arunmehta
Second Officer
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Frame grab from Aspire -1 video of my neighborhood

ASpire 1 frame grab

ASpire 1 frame grab
2015-3-1
Use props
Visual Air
Captain
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Really nice photo......
Those are some large homes!!!!!
2015-3-1
Use props
dundee
Captain
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

Framegrab ?
is this 1 frame from a video or is it a picture you take ?
Thanks
2015-3-1
Use props
arunmehta
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

dundee Posted at 2015-3-2 00:29
Framegrab ?
is this 1 frame from a video or is it a picture you take ?
Thanks

one frame from 4k video at 30 per second
2015-3-1
Use props
david.spencer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7192 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

4k at 60fps?
2015-3-1
Use props
Colonel Angus
Second Officer

United States

Nice!!! TY for posting this OP!!
2015-3-1
Use props
svencool
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

I think 4k only goes up to 30fps
2015-3-1
Use props
arunmehta
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

svencool Posted at 2015-3-2 03:36
I think 4k only goes up to 30fps

sorry stand corrected 4k 30fps
2015-3-1
Use props
svencool
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

So how did you snatch out 1 frame and use it for a picture? or did you a photo as well?
2015-3-1
Use props
arunmehta
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

svencool Posted at 2015-3-2 05:03
So how did you snatch out 1 frame and use it for a picture? or did you a photo as well?

When one is playing the 4k 30fps video in VLAN (Version 2.1.5 Riwcewind)player there is a button right next to the record button on the bottom left side of screen  i think it is called snap button if you  are happy with the scene you press it once and it saves the screen grab into your pictures instantly...you do not need to take separate pictures..screen grabs in my experience at that resolution are amazing quality..i hope that answers your question
PS ok i just checked..if you let the cursor just touch that button it says "take a snapshot"
2015-3-1
Use props
eaglecook
lvl.3
United States

Nice pic... looks cold!

FYI most editing software has the same feature. I know Adobe Premiere, Final Cut and Sony Vegas all have it. Not sure about I-movie.

Also, one nice thing you can do with a snapshot is to pull it into photoshop and do some color adjusting to get a better idea of how to make the image look better in your editing software. The editing software usually has somewhat "clunky" color correction where as photoshop is pretty robust and easy. (if you know photoshop that is!).

2015-3-1
Use props
bornish
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

When shooting FullHD movie the choice is pretty easy to make as all modes have the same resolution, thus I select the 60P to get the best FPS. For 4K video, the choice is a bit more difficult as the highest resolution is 4096x2160 but with 24P. Selecting 30P will result in a smaller resolution but I assume that would be more suitable for smoother video. My personal choice is to use 4K only when interested in extracting frames from it or else keep filming in FullHD at 60P for smoothest videos. I have tried yesterday to capture a short video in 4K 24P and then extracted automatically all frames (1440 frames per minute of video).This is a sample of extracted frame:KMP03575.jpg
This is a sample of a picture taken in the same area (different altitude and angle though):DJI_0018.JPG
It was a nice surprise to see that my daily work ultrabook (64bit Win7, i5-3317U CPU, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD 4000 + NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M LE) is able to play 4K video using the free KMPlayer. I have tried with many other players on several PCs and they were either unable to play or barely manage to show a few frames per second, making them useless.
Not only that I can review the 4K 24P videos on an ultrabook (easy to carry), but KMPlayer is able to automatically extract the original frames of all videos from a selected folder. I find this automation very useful.
Best regards,
Bogdan

2015-3-1
Use props
arunmehta
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

bornish@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-2 12:31
When shooting FullHD movie the choice is pretty easy to make as all modes have the same resolution,  ...

Bogdan...i love your frame grab...looks like you are in Dubai??  Thats what i am talking about the framegrabs are of AMAZING 4K quality I have a 4K Ultra monitor and 2X GTX 970 cards on my desktop. The 4k Videos are amazingly smooth on this setup. I had to upgrade to the LATEST VLAN 2.1.5 player to be able to play the video in 4k 30 fps most older players are jaggy or crash
2015-3-2
Use props
bornish
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

arunmehta Posted at 2015-3-2 16:34
Bogdan...i love your frame grab...looks like you are in Dubai??  Thats what i am talking about the  ...

I will then update the VLC version (haven't done it in awhile).
Does VLC support automatic extraction of original video frames?
At the moment I have a full schedule and barely have time even for flights, but I intend to write my own software to extract frames from 4K videos and saving them with full metadata (georeferecing tags, camera parameters,...) thus having them ready for import in other 3D mapping / modelling softwares.
Unfortunately DJI keeps the flight logs format a secret at the moment.
I do hope they will release this information soon so we can start developing better post-processing tools.
Regards,
Bogdan
2015-3-2
Use props
arunmehta
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

bornish@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-2 17:32
I will then update the VLC version (haven't done it in awhile).
Does VLC support automatic extracti ...

YES the latest version i believe it is ,Version 2.1.5 Riwcewind, supports automatic extraction of framegrab (snapshot)  mine go automatically into "mypictures" under win7-64
Why Take pictures when Framegrabs from videos are so fantastic... at least videos you have a bigger choice of composition and timing...
2015-3-2
Use props
Markc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1637933 ft
  • >>>
Australia

VLC gets my vote too.  A screen grab from a 4K video might not be enough for high quality enlargements, but for normal web based photos, it is perfect.  Its an easy way to get that perfect shot when you have a whole video to chose from.  Here's one from my video
2015-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules