Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No image transmissions!
1548 16 2017-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gateway
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1873806 ft
  • >>>
United States

I haven't flown my Inspire 1 for a while so I took it out , made sure everything was updated to the latest firmware , charged up everything and then did a test flight at my house.

It went up in the air fine but within a minute I lost all video transmission and it never came back so I landed it and while even having the controller next to the i1 on the ground
I still didn't get any video.

So I downgraded and then upgraded again to the latest and took the i1 to a different location to see if it was my area (btw I live in a remote place in the mountains at 7000ftt)

Turning on the I1 again it immediately lost transmission and looking at the HD section in the app the first 12 channels where full red, see screenshot below.

Anyone have any ideas or seen this before ? Btw my i1 was sent in and the replaced my controller once b4 and it worked well for some time until now.
IMG_1525.jpg IMG_0326.PNG IMG_1524.jpg

2017-4-10
Use props
DarrenE
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Could it be a bad connection on the lightbridge? If the controller has been replaced, it may be worth double-checking the aerial connections on the back of it 'just in case'
2017-4-10
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

The problem is a result of a bad connection or (less common) a true image transmission failure. I would start by changing the channel to one where there is little or no interference. Usually Ch 20 is good, esp at night when quiet.  If this does not work,. check the signal path from the gimbal attachment to the cable connecting the gimbal plate to the aircraft body. Jiggle the cable a little.
2017-4-10
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

What changed for you on the Image settings , the top two photos so significant interference and the bottom one basically with NO  interference Are you still having trouble with video ?  did you change the go app device ?  quite often video problems are the result of the Go app deivce not haveing enough processing power .  Just to clarify you are getting some video with dropout ,OR  you are entirely without video ?
donnie
2017-4-11
Use props
Gateway
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DarrenE Posted at 2017-4-10 11:39
Could it be a bad connection on the lightbridge? If the controller has been replaced, it may be worth double-checking the aerial connections on the back of it 'just in case'

Yea, I have looked at it, I have 2 RC's and they give me the same issue..
2017-4-11
Use props
Gateway
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-4-10 16:20
The problem is a result of a bad connection or (less common) a true image transmission failure. I would start by changing the channel to one where there is little or no interference. Usually Ch 20 is good, esp at night when quiet.  If this does not work,. check the signal path from the gimbal attachment to the cable connecting the gimbal plate to the aircraft body. Jiggle the cable a little.

Yea I have it on custom with low bitrate setting.. I think im on channel 14.. but now check everywhere I go.. but its odd to see 1-12 just full red.. never seen that before.
2017-4-11
Use props
Gateway
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-4-11 06:38
What changed for you on the Image settings , the top two photos so significant interference and the bottom one basically with NO  interference Are you still having trouble with video ?  did you change the go app device ?  quite often video problems are the result of the Go app deivce not haveing enough processing power .  Just to clarify you are getting some video with dropout ,OR  you are entirely without video ?
donnie

The one with the image is sitting in my house, however what you dont see is that the image on the screen is when I flew it above the house, meaning even with the bird on, gimbal on, in my house it wasn't even showing the video it should though the camera (stuck on an image I took 5 min earlier).

I use my trusty iPad 2 Air, it has quite a bit of processing power and its been used for almost 200+ flights.
2017-4-11
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
  • >>>
Singapore

Gateway Posted at 2017-4-11 08:34
Yea I have it on custom with low bitrate setting.. I think im on channel 14.. but now check everywhere I go.. but its odd to see 1-12 just full red.. never seen that before.

14 is used by WiFi hubs so suggest you use 20.... Good luck and keep us posted
2017-4-11
Use props
flighttime1
Captain
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

I've had flights where the image transmission would fail for the majority of the flight but have always resolved it by simply cleaning the contacts on the camera and I1P with an eraser followed by a cloth dampened with alcohol.  You may also have to adjust the two screws that hold the contact down in the camera. I keep a small philips in my camera box because the screws have to be set all the way down to fit the Osmo and 3 quarter turns up for the X5. With those taken care of, I have zero problems with image transmission.
2017-4-11
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
  • >>>
Singapore

flighttime1 Posted at 2017-4-11 23:14
I've had flights where the image transmission would fail for the majority of the flight but have always resolved it by simply cleaning the contacts on the camera and I1P with an eraser followed by a cloth dampened with alcohol.  You may also have to adjust the two screws that hold the contact down in the camera. I keep a small philips in my camera box because the screws have to be set all the way down to fit the Osmo and 3 quarter turns up for the X5. With those taken care of, I have zero problems with image transmission.

Good tip! These are some of the reasons that 1) there are two rows of pins on the Inspire 1 bayonet mount to mate gimbal and aircraft with and 2) the design for the gimbal attachment has changed for the I2 so that there are no pins sticking out.
2017-4-11
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Gateway Posted at 2017-4-11 08:36
The one with the image is sitting in my house, however what you dont see is that the image on the screen is when I flew it above the house, meaning even with the bird on, gimbal on, in my house it wasn't even showing the video it should though the camera (stuck on an image I took 5 min earlier).

I use my trusty iPad 2 Air, it has quite a bit of processing power and its been used for almost 200+ flights.

Ok , if you are Not loosing video complete and have intermittent  trouble , I suggest going over my tip page , it may help , It is a combination of tips I have used from members on the forum , hopefully one or a combo can help solve  your challenge.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-64817-1-1.html

good Luck

****flightitme 1 is very experienced and a very good camera man , he has some good ideas as well, they are included on my tips list .below is a pic of the 2 Phillips screws he is referring to .
*** Also Mike the cat haas a good point about channel 20 ,  many mem besrs have found this a very clean video channel . this is becasue no wi-fi share that frequency , I see you have dont eh 32 cahnnel 'Update "   ( hack is such an ugly obtuse word , dont ya think )  so you should be having very little problem .  

****The only time I have seen that much interference showing up  on a transmitter is when it was ( the transmitter )  faulty , not sure if this is in your case, just what I have seen in the past , hoepfully it is not  the case .  

donnie

2017-4-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to make sure that the aircraft and RC have a solid connection to each other after the firmware update, I would recommend trying the following:

Reset the RC of presets:
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

Manually relink the RC to the craft:
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD. This may take a few seconds of holding it.
*While holding the buttons, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

2017-4-12
Use props
Gateway
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-12 07:50
Just to make sure that the aircraft and RC have a solid connection to each other after the firmware update, I would recommend trying the following:

Reset the RC of presets:

Thanks I'll give that a try.. didn't know about the reset options like this.  i have always linked my controller using the app and pressing the red button on the I1.

I'll report back my findings
2017-4-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Gateway Posted at 2017-4-12 16:30
Thanks I'll give that a try.. didn't know about the reset options like this.  i have always linked my controller using the app and pressing the red button on the I1.

I'll report back my findings

Please keep me posted!
2017-4-12
Use props
Gateway
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yea I noticed the same issue after doing all of this.. I have to find a channel in the 13-20 range to get it to work.. not sure why 1-12 are just fully pegged as  bad.. :/
2017-4-17
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gateway Posted at 2017-4-17 09:07
Yea I noticed the same issue after doing all of this.. I have to find a channel in the 13-20 range to get it to work.. not sure why 1-12 are just fully pegged as  bad.. :/

I have seen the red frequency bars like this before and this display changed after some of the later FW updates. I do not believe the red bars are the problem in your case.

F T  and MTC have provided you with some good ideas and I would like to add:

1. Check the cable connectors, you can even remove them and reseat them if needed
2. Remove the camera and clean the contact board on the mounting plate. Use a good contact cleaner such as DeoxIT     DeoxIT
3. Uninstall the DJI Go App and install it fresh.  

This has worked for me and is also useful for the USB connections to your device.

Rich

2017-4-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Gateway Posted at 2017-4-17 09:07

Try Rich's advice and let us know how it went.
2017-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules