X4S gimbal non responsive after 1 week
764 4 2017-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc312fdf8
lvl.1

United States

I hope no one else suffers from this, but I suspect I'm not alone.
1 week old Inspire 2 and X4S. Worked fine yesterday. Went to fly today and the X4S has image but no gimbal control. Won't auto-calibrate.
Checked pins, pulled the batteries, tried all the easy problems. Store said someone had same issue Saturday.
I hope I don't have to send it in and wait months to get it back.
2017-4-10
Use props
anthony2
New
Flight distance : 85118 ft
United States

An update for those facing similiar issues (other posts on this topic have been removed) you'll need to send it in to DJI. THey are making me send both the I2 and the X4s. Major drag. Absolutely not a commercially viable product.
2017-4-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to make sure I'm on the same page, the unit does level itself upon start up but nothing else, or is it just limp the entire time? Have you already contacted Support about this as well?
2017-4-19
Use props
Antidrone
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-19 21:38
Just to make sure I'm on the same page, the unit does level itself upon start up but nothing else, or is it just limp the entire time? Have you already contacted Support about this as well?

I have been in contact with DJI. They wanted both I2 and X4.  I was able to get some assistance from my local drone shop and they tested other cameras on my I2 and they worked fine. So I only sent back the X4S. Hopefully they can get it turned around fairly quickly. I expect they'll just send me a refurbished X4s.
The gimbal would not go through its normal poer up calibration, only roll 90' motors had power, but would always snap back to the same spot. No joystick control. I hoped the 330 firware update also might clear it up but the camera wasn't recognized and received no update.  
2017-4-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Antidrone Posted at 2017-4-22 18:44
I have been in contact with DJI. They wanted both I2 and X4.  I was able to get some assistance from my local drone shop and they tested other cameras on my I2 and they worked fine. So I only sent back the X4S. Hopefully they can get it turned around fairly quickly. I expect they'll just send me a refurbished X4s.
The gimbal would not go through its normal poer up calibration, only roll 90' motors had power, but would always snap back to the same spot. No joystick control. I hoped the 330 firware update also might clear it up but the camera wasn't recognized and received no update.

It's good to hear you confirmed that it's just the camera. The NA Support Center would get you up and running again in no time.
2017-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules