Take care with smart features
1145 4 2017-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
daivatam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 473389 ft
Romania

Like I said take care with all the smart features. In this particular case with low battery protection with RTH. I was flying in park and starting walking between trees with the mavic in tripod mode filming the patways the trees  flowers etc...i walked along the park some distance...all in all I call the shoot done and preparing to catch the drone in hand because tall grass...strting the drone descend with one hand raised to catch the drone then the drone ascended a little ...I presumed that I disturbed the ultrasonic sensors ...then preparing for another carefull try when the drone started quickly to ascend ...imediately backed down the trothle full and this keeped the drone in place...glanced on the screen and observed that the RTH because low battery enaugh only to reach home position...managed to cancel it an then landed in hand...lucky that I was not under a tree or something...

Then the lesson...don't forget to constantly update home position at the remote or aircraft when walking with the drone...and keep an eye on the battery...to not be surprised by the drone taking height in a tree because it is smart
2017-4-10
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Next time, when you walk the Mavic, you should turn off the smart RTH and choose hover when lose signal  because the Mavic always near you
2017-4-10
Use props
fansebe7d662
lvl.2
United States

Can you have press the pause button ?
2017-4-10
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Romania

fansebe7d662 Posted at 2017-4-10 17:50
Can you have press the pause button ?

don't know probably...already with the finger on stick...keeping  the stick down maintained aircraft on hold...first not understanding what was happening and glanced at the screen si hardly noticed RTH activated because smart battery...enough power to reach home...
2017-4-11
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Romania

hungdang Posted at 2017-4-10 16:56
Next time, when you walk the Mavic, you should turn off the smart RTH and choose hover when lose signal  because the Mavic always near you

Yep...but not thinking of that at the moment...not thinking that the quad will rth because power just enough to reach home point ...and all this in the very moment when I was landed the quad in hand
2017-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules